Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ram Bits

Cool Ram Bits

Rams | McDonald Needs Strong Camp to Climb Depth Chart - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 27 Jun 2004 16:51:40 -0700

Jim Thomas reports for the Sporting News that St. Louis Rams WR Shaun McDonald will need a strong training camp to break into the team's top-four receiving rotation.

Rams | Curtis Needs Strong Camp to Climb Depth Chart - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 27 Jun 2004 16:51:18 -0700

Jim Thomas reports for the Sporting News that St. Louis Rams WR Kevin Curtis will need a strong training camp to break into the team's top-four receiving rotation.

Rams | Look No. 3 WR - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 27 Jun 2004 16:51:03 -0700

Jim Thomas reports for the Sporting News that St. Louis Rams WR Dane Looker is slated to serve as the team's No. 3 receiver, as he excels on third downs and in the red zone from the slot receiver position.

Rams | Furrey No. 4 WR - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 27 Jun 2004 16:50:51 -0700

Jim Thomas reports for the Sporting News that St. Louis Rams WR Mike Furrey did enough during the latter half of the 2003 season to enter as the Rams' No. 4 wide receiver.

Rams | Fisher Likely to Start at RDE - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 27 Jun 2004 16:50:42 -0700

Jim Thomas reports for the Sporting News that St. Louis Rams DE Bryce Fisher will likely start at right defensive end.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Ram Bits

I'm not comfortable with Looker at the 3 WR spot. Not enough speed. Curtis had better show up and win that job, seeing how this was the deep WR draft and we selected no one.

ah good

FOOTBALL

I think that unless Curtis gets hurt again, look for him to be number 3

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I agree. I think Curtis will emerge as the #3, while Looker will be the #4.

I don't mind Fisher being the starter at Wistrom's spot to begin with, but if Hargrove can turn his workout potential into football potential, that would be huge.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I see the third and fourth receiver spots not as clear-cut positions but more as different roles in the offense. Looker is a possession receiver that can be counted on to make the critical catches on third downs, while Curtis is a speedster who attacks the ball and spreads out defenses. I believe they'll both see action at the actual #3 spot in formations, depending on the situation.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    I don't mind Fisher being the starter at Wistrom's spot to begin with, but if Hargrove can turn his workout potential into football potential, that would be huge.
    If I remember correctly, Fisher was more of a power rusher, as opposed to the speed rush of Hargrove. If both progress as we hope, they'll probably put Hargrove in on long passing situations where the quarterback would most likely take a seven-step drop. Fisher would be more effective in short(er)-yardage scenarios where he's collapsing the pocket.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Jim Thomas really isn't going out on much of a limb here. Basically, JT is saying that unless someone 5 or 6 on the depth chart outplays the 3 or 4 man on the depth chart they're going to stay at 5 or 6........must be a slow news day.

Jim Thomas reports for the Sporting News that St. Louis Rams WR Dane Looker is slated to serve as the team's No. 3 receiver, as he excels on third downs and in the red zone from the slot receiver position.
    With other teams that may be true, but Looker's talents are better spent on the 4th spot, the "Proehl" position if you will. #3 goes to the burner Curtis.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Disco Man
    If I remember correctly, Fisher was more of a power rusher, as opposed to the speed rush of Hargrove. If both progress as we hope, they'll probably put Hargrove in on long passing situations where the quarterback would most likely take a seven-step drop. Fisher would be more effective in short(er)-yardage scenarios where he's collapsing the pocket.
    If you're right, hopefully we will see more of Hargrove than Fisher.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

general counsel Guest

I agree with all of you on curtis vs. looker for the #3 spot. The way i look at it, if looker is your #3, thats ok, but as a #4, its terrific. Very sure hands, good routes, but lacks the speed.

I also think we are being low key about hargrove and that it is unlikely he will start on day 1, but i wouldnt be surprised at all if he is in there with leonard on third down before very long at all.

ramming speed to all

SIGN THE BIG MAN

general counsel

ramstiles is offline Registered User

What about Mcdonald does anybody think he will progress if Looker and Furrey are 5 & 6 then our receivers are in good hands (english humour)

In college, McDonald schooled Marcus Trufant. However, that was college.

It shows just how deep we are at this position. I think at the end of the day the person who is going to decide what WR will be playing will be Bulger.

Whoever he gets comfortable with will end up being in the rotation behind the Big Two

Yes, we are deep at that position. My question is....Is our depth a hindrance or a benefit?

We are waiting on the potential of Curtis and McDonald. Everyone on the Rams staff have to be rooting for these two to blossom this year. If they don't, then we may have depth but not the talent to do what Martz would like to do in the passing game.

general counsel Guest

Good point dez, hopefully, bulger will also get comfortable with MamliaMamliaMamliaMamliaMula. Big enough target and can do some considerable damage if he gets loose in the secondary.

I like the english humour ramstiles, better in furrey or mcdonalds hands than on Beckhams foot these days!

ramming speed to all

SIGN THE BIG MAN

general counsel

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast