Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Ram Bytes: The deterioration of Bradford

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Ram Bytes: The deterioration of Bradford

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Furthermore, they certainly don't win in Week One without Brady's game-winning drive to put them in field goal position.

I know people don't like giving the Pats credit for anything, Brady especially, but Brady's been a big factor in as many wins this season as the Pats defense has.
    Just as the Rams don't win without Bradford's drive making it possible for Zuerlein to win it.

You say Brady doesnt get his due credit around here. I'd say the same is true of Bradford. As they are having statistically the same season yet Bradford is the one that some fans are calling to jettison.

The point is simple. If we're going to label Bradford as the scapegoat, and Brady a hero, we should at the very least recognize the fact that they are performing on equal levels. The difference in their teams records has to be something beyond QB play.
    Last edited by HUbison; -10-01-2013 at 06:45 AM.
    Ramendola16 likes this.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

svh01 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    That argument might carry more weight if the system's architect didn't do the exact same thing in New York.
    What was Schotty working with in NY? The only thing he had was running backs and if I'm not mistaken they were pretty good at that. Sanchez looked serviceable and has looked a lot worse since Schotty left.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Just as the Rams don't win without Bradford's drive making it possible for Zuerlein to win it.
    Agreed, but I'm not the one claiming the Rams defense was winning that game. That's your claim about Brady and the Pats' defense, and it simply isn't true.

You say Brady doesnt get his due credit around here. I'd say the same is true of Bradford. As they are having statistically the same season yet Bradford is the one that some fans are calling to jettison.
    I thought Sam was praised at the time for his Week One performance. The problem is the Rams have sputtered since, and Bradford has been one of many reasons.

And yes, while some of their statistics are similar at a broad glance, a closer look reveals some important variations (touchdown %, YPA, 2nd half & 4th quarter completion %, % of first downs when passing on 3rd down, etc).

The point is simple. If we're going to label Bradford as the scapegoat, and Brady a hero, we should at the very least recognize the fact that they are performing on equal levels. The difference in their teams records has to be something beyond QB play.
    I don't think anyone is denying that the Rams as a complete team are not getting the job done, but that includes the quarterback.

The Patriots are a better team, there's no doubt. But while Brady may be putting up similar numbers, he's doing it in a way that helps his team win games. And he's been improving each week after a rough start, whereas Sam is trending the exact opposite direction.
    laram0 likes this.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't think anyone is denying that the Rams as a complete team are not getting the job done, but that includes the quarterback.
    Of course no one is arguing that. Nor is anyone arguing that Bradford is innocent in this. Short of maybe Zuerlein, one would be hard-pressed to find a Ram that hasn't fallen short of what's been asked of him this season. However, I think there's a lot of foolishness in the notion expressed by some (present company excluded) that a change in QB is the answer.

This is just another example of what our good friend tx used to say........the QB gets too much credit for wins, and too much criticism for losses. And Bradford and Brady are the perfect examples of that. They are having similar seasons in their position, but one is on a team that is clicking, the other is not. One gets too much credit, the other too much criticism.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Does statistics even matter at this point? Yes Bradford has decent stats for fantasy purposes but in today's NFL you have even the rookie Manuel and Smith putting up workman like stats. Alex Smith has great stats right now. Let's be honest the only thing that matters is Ws, point blank.

We are 1-3, should be 0-4... Sam has 12 games to turn it around, maybe make this season a respectable one at that, if not you can label him in the David Carr, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, etc category. I am sure people will not like me labeling in that class of qbs but is there any other positon to put him at

RAMSY57 is offline Registered User

Seriuosly? Are we comparing Sam Bradford to Tom Brady?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234