Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Ram nuggets from Pro Football Weekly

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    Donít be shocked if the Rams spend one of their first-day draft picks on a running back because of concerns about 2004 first-round draft pick Steven Jacksonís durability.
    They shouldn't be looking for alternate solutions at running back, but rather alternate solutions to that turf in the dome.

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    According to our St. Louis sources, if you ask Mike Martz what his biggest regret is as the teamís head coach, near the top of the list would be his decision to let MLB London Fletcher escape to Buffalo as a free agent. We hear Martz couldnít be more frustrated with former first-round pick Robert Thomasí inability to replace Fletcher, and that Thomas could be sent packing after seeming to regress this season.
    Hopefully this inspires them to go full-force toward getting someone like Hartwell when free agency begins.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Three
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

theodus69 is offline Registered User

In order to keep this secondary, you are gonna have to find a better front line. So if they are happy with the front line , than get a new secondary! These two together aren't making it!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

The Front Four came on strong at the end of the year, it was the only bright spot of the whole defensive squad.

T Fish is signed through 2006 and Butler is signed until Earth is no longer a planet. So we are stuck with those two for awhile. Garrett, Groce and Archuleta also are signed through 2005.

Those guys better figure out how to intercept a pass before next year happens.

Hey Garrett, answer me this. What's the difference between downing a punt on the two, and downing a punt near the goal line?

18 important freakin yards you.....you.....you......

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Well ,we shall see how the line is next season. They may have had a late run but that don't mean it's gonna carry over! :tongue:
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I really hope we can find a cornerback who can challenge Butler for a starting job. At the time it happened I thought this and I continue to believe it - we should have realized something when the Washington Redskins made Butler an offer to be their NICKEL cornerback.

I think Travis Fisher has enough potential to be a good starter, but we need a solid and dependable number one guy to play opposite of him. Aeneas fit that bill for a short time, but now we need to find someone else.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Three
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

majorram is offline Registered User

For what martz is saying about Missing London Flether, I just hope that we Go after an impact MLB straight away in FA...... as for Bulter I agree he is an nickel back CB and spot player, did anybody see him the Playoff game against the Falcons, COM ON BOY get down and dirty, he just shyed away from contact, he didn't ever get those shoulder pads in there...... but we are stuck with him...........as for CB Fisher, I like his toughness......played through a bunch of injuries, the guy just didn't have any luck in 2004...

I agree with TX the line did improve and Kennedy had his moments. I really don't know about DE Fisher, those last couple of games have really pushed up his value... is he really worth that amount of money????

As for a runner with the first couple of picks.....no way, I would go after OL!!

steve :ramlogo:

elAcky Guest

You know what i'd really love to see..... the rams making a play to bring Fletcher back home

thoey is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by elAcky
    You know what i'd really love to see..... the rams making a play to bring Fletcher back home
    I don't think we'll see that. Buffalo's DEF is coming together, and if I remember correctly, when Fletcher left, it wasn't pretty...
    This space for rent...

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Fletcher is the biggest loss EVER to happen to the St. Louis Rams.

No loss has had a deeper impact on the success of this team than losing London Fletcher.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

I dunno, I was pretty upset when they got rid of Buford McGee.

sbramfan is offline Registered User

Well, you can't just rebuild the whole defense, so you have to kind of look at who is decent, and hope that by fixing one facit of the defense, like the Linebackers, the inadequacies of other areas are minimized, to some degree.

If we go ahead and assume that Kennedy and Pickett, along with Bryce Fisher, Leonard Little, and Hargrove/Tyoka are OK as a defensive line, and have some upside, then you have to look at the other 2 units.

Cornerbacks: If there was ANY pressure on opposing QB's, these guys would have a much easier job. I think Groce has some potential to be good, and Butler and Fisher are OK...nothing special, but OK.

Linebackers: This would be the impact area. If they could stop the run, and even add some additional pressure on Blitzes, then the D'line wouldn't look so bad, or the Corners. In my opinion, the reason the Patriots D is so good, and the reason they are able to use one of their receivers at CB, AND lose Ty Law, is because they have such a good LB crew, that you CAN'T run on them, nor do you get much time to throw. Butler and Fisher would do fine as Patriots CB's.

Sorry, can't help but use Patriot references, and if coaches in the NFL are not looking to what they are doing for some answers, they should find a new job.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12