• Leonard Little

3 3.23%
  • Other (list below)

7 7.53%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ntchwaidumela is offline Registered User

Re: Which Ram Player Has Disappointed You

Quote Originally Posted by Baldybouncer View Post
    Alex Barron for me. Every year I want him to concentrate for just 1 game yet he still kills drives with his false starts.

Agreed..

Bulger...."Z left split, 989 half-back ballon 3" (On 3 count)

Barron thinking as he trots away from the huddle and up to the line...." Hmmmmm, Did I leave the iron on?"

Stands up hands on hips and thinks " Aww shucks I did....err...oh...oopps. Sorry forgot where I was"........Again.

I guess that's what you get when you were mates with Claude Terrell.

Other than that (In no order)

1. Wilkins
    2. Little
    3. Bennett

Just my two pence...

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Good call on Wilkins. He wouldn't get my vote (Bennett did) but he should be on the list.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Claude Wroten. I thought he would produce some pass rush. He has done nothing but go backwards.

Bennett, I am down on, but he was hurt and the O line stinks. But he still was a disapointment.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

I voted Barron. Why? It was his chance to shine and he completely blew it. With Pace out and with the year he had last year, I would have thought the guy would be out there each week trying his best to prove something. Well, he proved something, he sucks. Such a shame too. All the physical tools to be a good one, but no brain or desire to go with it.

I thought about Bennett, but he is what I thought he was going to be. An average receiver with average hands, and I didn't want him over Curtis from the get-go. So, he didn't disappoint me.

McMichael can't be blamed for not getting the ball, so it's hard to say he disappointed me. I would say that I'm disappointed that the Rams didn't use him more. Is that Linehan's fault or Bulgers? Don't know.

Wilkins would be a close second for me. Money has been anything but.

A vote for Bulger I can't understand at all. The guy's had no help from his line, and has gotten his azz beaten up all year. (See Barron) Although Marc still needs to know when to just throw the ball away, and stop taking some of the ridiculous sacks he takes.

How long was Little hurtin' before he hung 'em up? Was that the reason for his poor performances? If so, kinda' hard to hand the disappointment sign on him.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

39thebeast is offline Registered User

you cant expect so so much of a banged up 3rd wideout. Bulger has been hurt or on his back all year. I would've said McMichael, but he hasnt realy been used as an integeral part of the offense. Alex Barron is still making stupid penalties. Leonard is doing all you can ask for as a rookie. Little wasnt to effective when he was in the line-up. Bruce no explanation needed. So you have to go chump change formaly known as money Jeff Wilikins

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    Bennett. No question. None of the receivers have had terribly impressive seasons, but you could forget Bennett was even on the field if it wasn't for the number of interceptions when we do throw in his direction.

I'm a little disappointed that we haven't seen more of McMichael, but I'm not disappointed in him as a player. It doesn't seem like I see him dropping stuff or failing to make enough of an effort to reel in passes or anything like that too often. From what I can tell, he's just having to stay back and block more because of the O-line problems.
    Exactly what I think. Bennett is the biggest disappoinment, especially with the big money we spent on him. McMichael is a quality player, he just isn't used enough in the passing game.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    I get that we expected him to lead us, but how can you be disappointed in Bulger? The broken ribs and concussion doomed his season. The injuries disappointed me, but Bulger didn't.
    BUlger isn't the only QB with sack issues. Let's look at the other NFL leaders in times sacked and compare their numbers to Bulger's. Person with the worst stat highlighted in red.

NAME / COMPLETION PCT / YPA / LNG / TD / INT / SACKED / RATING

J. Harrington QB, ATL / 61.8 / 6.37 / 69 / 7 / 8 / 32.0 / 77.2

D. Huard QB, KAN / 61.5 / 6.60 / 58 / 9 / 13 / 32.0 / 72.6

M. Bulger QB, STL / 59.7 / 6.31 / 40 / 7 / 11 / 33.0 / 71.1

D. McNabb QB, PHI / 60.0 / 6.84 / 75 / 15 / 6 / 37.0 / 86.8

B. Roethlisberger QB, PIT / 64.7 / 7.53 / 45 / 29 / 11 / 43.0 / 100.5

Jon Kitna QB, DET / 65.2 / 7.46 / 91 / 17 / 17 / 49.0 / 84.6

So looking just at those numbers of QB's who had similar or more sacks, who performed the worst out of the bunch? Sadly Bulger. I know he was injured and his line sucked, but you can say the same for everyone else on that list. How could you NOT be disappointed by Bulger's play?

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

McMichael for me. I guess it is less his fault and more the way he was implemented (or not implemented) into our season. I was hoping to see my boy McMichael with a Winslow Jr. type season, but he is pulling out a malemalauna.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Voted Bulger but on the basis of injuries -- that is a reason for disappointment, isn't it? ("No hablo inglÚs")

Performance wise, Bennett. As HUbison said, easy choice.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    So looking just at those numbers of QB's who had similar or more sacks, who performed the worst out of the bunch? Sadly Bulger. I know he was injured and his line sucked, but you can say the same for everyone else on that list. How could you NOT be disappointed by Bulger's play?
    Well, to be fair, of the players you listed, all but Huard have had more pass attempts than Bulger (particularly Kitna, who has almost 500 to Bulger's 318).

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    BUlger isn't the only QB with sack issues. Let's look at the other NFL leaders in times sacked and compare their numbers to Bulger's. Person with the worst stat highlighted in red.

NAME / COMPLETION PCT / YPA / LNG / TD / INT / SACKED / RATING

J. Harrington QB, ATL / 61.8 / 6.37 / 69 / 7 / 8 / 32.0 / 77.2

D. Huard QB, KAN / 61.5 / 6.60 / 58 / 9 / 13 / 32.0 / 72.6

M. Bulger QB, STL / 59.7 / 6.31 / 40 / 7 / 11 / 33.0 / 71.1

D. McNabb QB, PHI / 60.0 / 6.84 / 75 / 15 / 6 / 37.0 / 86.8

B. Roethlisberger QB, PIT / 64.7 / 7.53 / 45 / 29 / 11 / 43.0 / 100.5

Jon Kitna QB, DET / 65.2 / 7.46 / 91 / 17 / 17 / 49.0 / 84.6

The numbers are great and all but they don't tell the whole story. I'm not disappointed in Bulger because of the circumstances. I don't see anyone on that list who played with broken ribs. What I'm saying is he couldn't disappoint me because he never got the chance to. He was doomed from the beginning, sprained ribs in the first game, broken ribs in the second game.

If he was healthy or at least as healthy as those guys on the list I would be disappointed, but once you add broken ribs and then a concussion (the cherry on top so to speak) into the equation he did what he could.

You can't throw accurately with broken ribs so he didn't perform well. Take away the sprained/broken ribs and I would be disappointed, but I can't be disappointed in a guy who tried but couldn't perform anywhere close to his ability.

I'm not happy about it, but when I think disappointment I think Wilkins with Barron a close second. They should have performed and they didn't.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

I'm going to go in a little different direction here and say that I am completely underwhelmed by our last two years 2nd round picks. Namely Joey(The Flop) Klop and Brian Leonard. Yeah, I know some will say that they are still young and could someday develop; but I'm here to say "it ain't gonna happen." Just look around the NFL and you'll see tons of 2nd and even 3rd round picks flourishing and-GASP!- even starting for their respective teams. Neither of these guys have "got it" and the jury's in and says that considering where they were taken in the drafts they are both busts.

WHAT SAY YE?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    I'm going to go in a little different direction here and say that I am completely underwhelmed by our last two years 2nd round picks. Namely Joey(The Flop) Klop and Brian Leonard. Yeah, I know some will say that they are still young and could someday develop; but I'm here to say "it ain't gonna happen." Just look around the NFL and you'll see tons of 2nd and even 3rd round picks flourishing and-GASP!- even starting for their respective teams. Neither of these guys have "got it" and the jury's in and says that considering where they were taken in the drafts they are both busts.

WHAT SAY YE?
    Klop I'll give you. He has been very disappointing though given every opportunity to start. But, Leonard on the other hand.....playing 2nd string to an All-Pro RB and behind one of (if not) the worst lines in football, he has managed 468 yards, 3.6 ypc, and 29 receptions. I'd say at this point calling Leonard a bust is quite premature.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Klop I'll give you. He has been very disappointing though given every opportunity to start. But, Leonard on the other hand.....playing 2nd string to an All-Pro RB and behind one of (if not) the worst lines in football, he has managed 468 yards, 3.6 ypc, and 29 receptions. I'd say at this point calling Leonard a bust is quite premature.
    Well, Hub you make a logical argument, but it is flawed. The fact is that as of right now Mr. Leonard is actually our THIRD string RB (behind A. Pittman) and our SECOND string FB (behind R. Owens, of all people). This indicates to me that our 2nd round pick has already been beaten out by a 4th rounder who was cut by another team and a street free agent who was also cut by another team. This certainly does not bode well for Mr. Leonard's future IMO. Also, I noticed you didn't include the yardage that he has on his 29 receptions. I don't know that figure either, but I do know that it probably ain't much and I certainly cannot recall any big or explosive plays on Leonard's part. The bottom line is that he is too slow to be an effective RB and too small to be an effective FB. Unfortunately, we can either face facts now or wait for another 3 to 4 years like we did with D. Lewis and J. Kennedy, and hope that he improves. I, for one, can already see the handwriting on the wall.

WHAT SAY YE?

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I voted for Barron as a vote for the whole offensive line.

I kinda wish I voted for Wilkins, but meh. Trade our offensive line for New Englands and we'd be undefeated and they'd be sucking it up. The line is where it starts and losing six players in the first five games just killed us. Bulger and Bennett would have been much better if we had an offensive line that wasn't full of scrubs and a coach that called more three receiver sets. He was also injured in the preseason with an injury that typically lasts all season, and so that is no doubt bothering him.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast