• Other (list below)

7 7.53%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PARamfan is offline Registered User

Re: Which Ram Player Has Disappointed You

Bennett.There can be no other.

THoltDaBest81 is offline Registered User

I cannot believe yall aren't choosing O Linemen. I know most of them have been hurt most the season, but it leaves me to believe they weren't execising and lifting weights during the off season. I choose Barron. During Thursday nights game they said he was the 2nd most penalized lineman. Too many false starts and holding so he's my candidate.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Could we say the Front Office....or would that be redundant as they are the most disappointing every year?

live4ramin is offline Registered User

On Pittsburg's first play from scrimage, Rothlesberger threw the ball sixty yards in the air for a TD.

Has Bulger ever thrown the ball more than thirty yards? Has he done it in the last two seasons?

Do you think that part of the playbook has been torn out and thrown away?

The guy had major shoulder problems last year and he couldn't throw long even then.

We've been turning the switch off in the second half all year. We've been predictable and have been read and adjusted to like every team we've played has our signals.

These teams know Bulger can't throw deep and cheat in to Bulger's range and wait.

If we had a Line to run block like we blocked for Faulk, some of this problem would go away. God how good would Jackson be If he had Marshall's line?
    The break, don't bend offense.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by live4ramin View Post
    Has Bulger ever thrown the ball more than thirty yards? Has he done it in the last two seasons?
    I'm just going from memory (so I may be wrong) but the throw to Holt 2 years ago at Seattle where Holt made a great juggling catch for the go ahead TD was more than 30 yards I believe.

This year with no time to throw, no O line, banged up ribs, conservative to sometimes bad playcalling, he probably hasn't.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Listen, I'll save all you all some time. I know mine was a weak post when I pushed the enter button. I even concluded with thoughts on The Ol and Jackson instead of Bulger.

I do think Linehan schemes, such as they are, account for Bulgers inadequacies. They have to. They must.

So I took the bait. I really don't like Bulger. I have called him an alligator armed little turd and I don't apologize.

I don't think by any means quarterback i the first priority. That would be the head coach. Then linemen of any stripe. Quickly.
    The break, don't bend offense.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

You know, that last shot in the half that was intercepted was from the Rams 49 yardline, which means it had to go at least 51 yards through the air to make it to the endzone (which it did). It'd actually have to be more because Bulger still had to drop back and pass. It was pretty accurate at that range, too. You don't have to like Bulger, but he has a decent arm.

prof22693 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by live4ramin View Post
    On Pittsburg's first play from scrimage, Rothlesberger threw the ball sixty yards in the air for a TD.

Do you think that part of the playbook has been torn out and thrown away?

The guy had major shoulder problems last year and he couldn't throw long even then.

We've been turning the switch off in the second half all year. We've been predictable and have been read and adjusted to like every team we've played has our signals.

These teams know Bulger can't throw deep and cheat in to Bulger's range and wait.

If we had a Line to run block like we blocked for Faulk, some of this problem would go away. God how good would Jackson be If he had Marshall's line?
    To be fair, Roethlisberger's first play from scrimmage against us wasn't a TD, but was a HUGE passing play. :l

Yeah, I remember last year Bulger chucked the ball like 50 yds to Holt for the juggler against seattle (offically was a 67 yder i believe). Now I (agreeing with previous posts) don't think Bulger had much he could prove with the ribs/concussion, and O-LINE problems. Imagine if Brady had no ribs, a concussion, and our line. We have great WRs as well, and they have no running game when compared to us. But yes he can't throw the ball as far as JaMarcus Russel, but he can throw it a good distance, and I don't think Linehan's playcalling has given him many opportunities (I don't think Linehan would be utilizing our WRs as much as I think he should even if this wasn't an injury plagued season).

Back to the topic though, I chose Barron... 2nd most penalized player and I believe leading the league in fall starts since he came into the league...I have to say Barron was very disappointing, people have to remember just about all our offensive problems started with the line, and yes with all the injuries, Barron was still around and has shown consistently he cannot perform well. Bennet, Leonard the rook, and Bulger would all have greatly benefitted from a great line. Don't see how you can call someone a disappointment when not given a proper opportunity (this may also be why people think McMichael was a disappointment, and he certainly isn't). Yes these guys haven't all performed well, but when you add in all the problems on that side of the ball starting with the line, and the other injuries, you can't expect all our skill position players to be utilized as well as they normally would be and can't expect to not take alot of sacks if you go 9 weeks in a season with a different combination in the trenches each week.

On a final note, Bulger is no Brady or Manning, but I have no doubt if we had as few injuries on the offensive side of the ball as their teams (mainly the line and Bulger himself) he would have had a monster season and many people would be talking about #10
    Last edited by prof22693; -12-21-2007 at 08:26 PM.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Drew Bennett.

Bust so far.

Could have had Curtis for that amount, look at Kevin in Philadelphia, and then look at what we have in Bennett.

Another terrible talent evaluation for Linehan and Co.
    RamsFan16

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

i voted Little. Before the season started, with the Rams having bought in James Hall, Adam Carriker and Clif Ryan to improve the line, it was thought Little would have a monster year and put up tons of sacks

but he barely got to the QB at all before his injury

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

There are several for me Fahkir Brown getting suspended, Drew Bennett, Orlando Pace out for the season again, Alex "False Start" Barron, Corey Chavous but number 1 is Marc Bulger. In my opinion Marc needs to get rid of the ball, throw it away for gosh sakes. He keeps taking sacks that he could avoid and those sacks are resulting in Marc getting injured. So my complaint is Marc Bulger getting injured not his ball skills. This guy needs to stay healthy for the whole 16.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Claude Wroten and Dominic Byrd without a doubt. Two day 1 picks who are busts both on and off the field. Both were taken in the 3rd round and haven't produced zilch other than headlines regarding boneheaded off-field antics ...

blood85 is offline Registered User

Linehan, the whole team....3-13....at least I survived this season from being laughed at....

blood85 is offline Registered User

Even the freaking whiners finished with a better record, that just about tells you everything...

Marc Bulger's Fan is offline Registered User

I picked Drew Bennett, I expected a lot more from him.

Bulger, disappointment? My feelings/opinion is not by his play more by his not being able to play because of injuries. Disappointed with him getting his butt knocked the ground, over and over again because his line doesn't block. I do believe he does need to get rid of the ball more, rather than take a sack, but really he hasn't had much time to release the ball they seem to come in on his back side and blind side him, thanks again to the O-line. I would have liked to seen him run once in awhile.

Barron - He is a joke, you just wait when the whistle is blown for the ref to call big 70 for the penalty.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast