Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ram Pride

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Ram Pride

Forgive my rant but I woke up this morning and felt the need to write my thoughts. Where else would be better?

I don't know about you guys but for some strange reason, I feel like I did back in the SuperBowl years. Maybe not as if we were a lock for the big show, but as if I honestly believe that we can surprise everybody and win the whole she-bang! I'm sure my sanity has been questioned on this board with regard to the extreme optimist attitude I've had even during the low points of the season, but I'd be lying if I said I felt that this team was a SuperBowl contender during the Chandler-ception days.

As many of us did around here, I looked toward draft day and free agency, and whatever other moves could be made to get this train back on the tracks and rolling. But after what our guys have accomplished in the lsat month has given me a new pride as a Rams fan. I knew we were better than a .500 team, but were just unable to pull things together when it mattered most.

Things have changed.

Our guys are playing with a fire that wasn't there during the middle of the season. They're not jumping around like Seattle special teamers, the fire isn't seen anywhere but in their execution on the field. The fire is burning internally. Our Rams are playing the game like it should be done. They're taking accountability and doing whatever it takes to get their job done.

Leonard Little, our best defensive star, was only in for about 25% of the plays in Seattle. What happens? The defense doesn't fall apart. Big plays by Travis Fisher, Dejuan Groce, Jimmy Kennedy, and others held the Seahawks to just 20 points. Shaun Alexander had 3 yards per carry! When's the last time we held him to that?

The offensive performance speaks for itself. Marc Bulger is the man. Our young gun wide receivers give us an extra dimension reminiscent of the Greatest Show on Turf Days. And the team as a whole is doing whatever it takes to get the job done.

It's not pretty. They're just getting the it done. Put on the hard hats gentlemen. This season is far from over. I don't know about you, but I'm gonna ride this thing all the way down to Jacksonville! If you don't henestly believe that the St. Louis Rams belong in the SuperBowl, maybe ayou shouldn't be here!

I'm starting the rally cry for the 2005 Rams right here!

GOTTA GO TO WORK! :ramlogo:

AugustaRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: Ram Pride

Few things motivate football players more than being an under-dog and having folks say that they can't or shouldn't win.

Few Clanners can say they picked the Rams as a playoff team with an 8-8 record. I picked 'em 7-9...(glad I was wrong). But - Right now anything can happen.

The real positive issue for me, is that no team in their right mind would want to play the Rams. In the playoffs - one game and your out - you could have a bad quarter against them and they could throw up 21 points in a heart beat against any team left (AFC or NFC)

I remain critical of Martzie - and with that said - you just never know what might happen. That is, right up until he has a brain cramp and tries to out-think himself. I suppose that if the Rams do make the Super Bowl that there will be some richly deserved crow waiting in the wings. Even so, he is not off my watch list quite yet.

Heck even crow tastes good with a little Tabasco, while you're watching your team in the SB. Bring on the dirty birds....

thoey is offline Registered User

Both of these posts could be in the thread I started or mine could be in here. It's all about POTENTIAL bringing out HOPE...

ARF, I think we need to get a bigger bottle of Tobasco...
    This space for rent...

adarian_too is offline Registered User

For myself I have adopted the anthem ...

"Just Can't Wait to Get on the Road Again." ... Waylon 'n Willie

viper is offline Registered User

Nice post ZigZagRam!

Quote Originally Posted by AugustaRamFan
    The real positive issue for me, is that no team in their right mind would want to play the Rams. In the playoffs - one game and your out - you could have a bad quarter against them and they could throw up 21 points in a heart beat against any team left (AFC or NFC)
    I think you and AugustaRamFan hit the nail on the head. We are a confident and very dangerous team right now. Everything seems to be coming together at the right time. Barring a meltdown, we can hold our own and prevail against anyone. That's a big if, but, I like our chances.

As I always say, on any given day we can beat anybody...and I ALWAYS expect to win! We have a shot at this thing!

Go Rams!!!

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Pride.
    Yup, We've got it. Lots of it. So much I bleed Blue & Gold...
    Enough pride that in the last 2 weeks (even before the playoffs were for sure), we have bought Jerseys for me, mama, and the kids($about 15.95 each). We bought an autographed Deacon Jones helmet ($39.00)...yes, an old blue & white, got a glass display case for our Rams stuff(free), bid on a Henry Ellard autographed football($19.00), got a new license plate for the car window($6.00), two more bumper stickers($2.95 a pop), bought me a Rams coat(blue & yellow, $9.99), and tomorrow I go shopping again....definitely an autographed KW jersey ($100.00 w/coa), maybe a Grant Wistrom autographed football ($25.00), and gotta see what else the old dude has in his store's backroom. Cheap prices on Rams stuff almost makes living in Chef country bearable...
    Enough pride to take money from a couple of bronco's fans, and a seachicken fan...
    Enough pride to bet same people more on the outcome of the next game...
    and the rugrat's wanting her room painted Blue and Gold...

:ramlogo:

Aries51 is offline Registered User

Whatever happens,win or lose,I am proud of the teams turnaround this season.I already feel pretty good about next year and this season isnt finished yet.Hell yeah!!Were still alive and kicking and anything can happen!!!Just ask the Red Sox!!
    ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

:ramlogo: The Rams have broken 2 NFL records this year:Best comeback ever,1st 8-8 team to win a playoff game,and possibly more to come.If they win against Atlanta,its a record,if they beat minny or Philly its a record,and if they win the Superbowl its a record,and also just etting to the Superbowl is a record.8-8 hope to keep the records breaking.

ram3057 is offline Registered User

I feel that the one reason to be on this board is the fact that we are all believing in the team. If you don't have pride, and you don't display your loyalty, you can't really call yourself a true fan.

There is no other team for me. No other sport.

It is the RAMS - Blue & Gold - Fast & Furious - Never Say Die.

It is one of the factors in my life that makes life worth living.

It's all good.

Whatever happens - the RAMS are part of my life, always will be (ask my wife).

I usually say that the only thing better than a RAMS win is a 49er loss. Tomorrow the only thing better than a RAMS win is a Falcons loss.

Believe it and it will come true.

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ramlogo:
    Always a Rams Fan............

Rex Allen Markel

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

:ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo:
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I have my shrine constructed, my phone is going to be turned off, and I'm locking myself in my apartment so not to disturb anyone.

Thoey, if we win this week.....we may have to talk about getting together for the NFC Championship.

sprtsmac is offline Registered User

Ahh, Ram Pride; it's a beautiful thing. One of the things that is great about right now is that the Rams aren't even supposed to be in the playoffs. They were written off for dead, and I'm sorry to say that I was one of those that was doing the writing. After the Arizona game I thought that this team had given up for the season. Boy was I wrong. It has been great to see them battle back and win these last 3 games. Win or lose, I will hold my head high as a Ram fan. Yes, Ram Pride is a beautiful thing.
    Sprtsmac :football:

theodus69 is offline Registered User

RamFamily, where in hell can you get those kinda things at those kinda prices? Let in on the secret. I'm building My Game room but to start I just have My odds and ends jerseys and framed stuff from st louis and A KW rookie card with 4 armed guards around it! :redface:
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

viper is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69
    RamFamily, where in hell can you get those kinda things at those kinda prices? Let in on the secret. I'm building My Game room but to start I just have My odds and ends jerseys and framed stuff from st louis and A KW rookie card with 4 armed guards around it! :redface:
    That's what I want to know...what gives? Come on man...pony up. What's the deal?

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

The glass display case came from the hospital's gift shop...it was a throwaway. The helmet, jacket, and football are from ebay. The other stuff is from a place called Springfield Sports Cards and Collectables right here in Springfield. Oh, and they have an incredible collection of baseball Cardinals stuff...
    BTW, that Warner jersey looks great in that glass case (4' long, 3' high, 2' deep) and I just put it all in the bedroom, right beneath my Warner poster. Next item to go in there is my daughter's first Rams Cheerleader outfit, then an NFL licensed 1995 L. A. Rams belt buckle (go figure, it was made before they moved, #68, purchased for $9.99 at a salvage store....copyright date is 1994).
    My next big purchase I hope to make is some of the turf from the EJD, if they will sell it when it gets replaced. It will become my bedroom carpet....
    I told you I bleed blue and gold!
    Last edited by RamsFanSam; -01-14-2005 at 10:36 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast