View Poll Results: Which Ram needs to "win over" Rams fans?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marc Bulger

3 5.45%
  • Steven Jackson

19 34.55%
  • Richie Incognito

6 10.91%
  • Jimmy Kennedy

16 29.09%
  • Will Witherspoon

3 5.45%
  • Tye Hill

1 1.82%
  • Other (list below)

7 12.73%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    live4ramin is offline Registered User

Re: Which Ram really needs to "win over" Rams fans?

I think Witherspoon is the key player on this whole team. We stop the run we win games.

Prepare to be amazed.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Disgruntled?

I'm not disgruntled.

I'm actually really happy that the season is on it's way and that Jackson has the opportunity to show us why he's our starting RB.

And I'm not getting drawn into that other debate. You all know how I feel about Mr Jackson's pronouncements.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

I personally would describe those who did not like the things Jackson had to say as being disgruntled with him in that respect. Maybe that's just me, but that's how I use the word. I view someone as disgruntled when they have a problem with something or are not pleased with a situation, and there were certainly more than a few people who fit that description regarding Jackson's comments. I could use another word - annoyed, critical, disappointed, displeased, dissatisfied, put out, ungratified - but they're all referring to the same thing in this situation, and that is that some people didn't like what he had to say. Thus, as I said, he likely has the most fans to win over this year for that reason.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Nope, not going there. I'm having far too good a morning to rouse that sleeping dog.

I'm not disgruntled.

I'm as happy as I can be.

To paraphrase Brad Pitt in the movie 'Troy'............

It's far too early in the day to be digging into dictionaries.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Well you sounded pretty disgruntled to me earlier this summer. But if you're not now, that's great! We should all be happy with the season only days away!
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Rambos is offline Registered User

No doubt it has to be SJ.

The Rams have to establish a strong running game and SJ is the starter. Itís that simple for me, if SJ runs down hill and runs hard he will put up some good number with the touches he will get.

If SJ dances in the backfield, does not pick up the 3rd and short yardages and continues to get nagging injuries that hamper his performance he will be under the gun. Some might say injuries are not SJ fault and I agree, but you need to be durable, it comes with the job description.

I hope he has the breakout season that some say he will have. He look like he has all the tools, Iím just not sure about he decisions he makes in the backfield. Does he know what hole too take, does he take what is there or look to make a home run on every carry. For me itís SJ, I hope he proves me wrong in a big way.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

My vote was for Jackson. He's confident and now is the time he needs to back it up and be all he can be. Even in the situations where the blockers are clearly not doing their job blocking for Jackson I'd like to see him get 1 or 2 yards, or even just 0, by smashing forward instead of side-stepping around and end up with -2 or -3 instead. He simply needs to take what the defense gives instead of putting too much pressure on himself to make a big play all the time. It could lead to fewer big plays, but I think the consistency gained would most likely make up for it, at least for a runner with Jackson's style (i.e not Marshall Faulk or Barry Sanders).

Jimmy Kennedy was a very very close second for me, he absolutely needs to show up in a big way this year. We spent a #12 pick on him, made him one of the centerpieces of our defense this year and he has to show that he is a player. His performance will go a long way towards determining how good our run defense will be.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Maybe this isn't exactly in the spirit of this thread, but my answer would have to be NONE.

I can't remember which coach first said it, but the proverb, "Start listening to the fans, and you'll soon become one." is still true. Goes for players to, if you ask me.

As long as they do their job on the field, I could care less how the fans view any of them......and hopefully, they feel the same.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Maybe this isn't exactly in the spirit of this thread, but my answer would have to be NONE.

I can't remember which coach first said it, but the proverb, "Start listening to the fans, and you'll soon become one." is still true. Goes for players to, if you ask me.

As long as they do their job on the field, I could care less how the fans view any of them......and hopefully, they feel the same.
    HUb, you make a good point about the fans view being unimportant, but if they are indeed "won over", that probably means good things are happening and the player is getting it done.

AugustaRamFan is offline Registered User

Angry Re: Which Ram really needs to "win over" Rams fans?

Kennedy is most in need of winning over Ram Fans -

Jackson has proven he can be the feature back, but he may have to press through some injuries along the way.

Kennedy on the other hand has to step up and play like a first rounder. If he cannot clog up the middle or at least keep would be blockers away from Spoon, then he may just be another in a long line of high round defensive busts for the Rams.

sprtsmac is offline Registered User

I think Jim Haslett has to win us over. Our defense has stunk the last couple of years so there is a lot of pressure on him to get the job done. If after a couple of games, the defense is getting ran over and missing tackles; I'm sure people will be wanting Haslett's head on a platter.
    Sprtsmac :football:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123