• 1 Post By MauiRam
  • 3 Post By RockinRam
  • 1 Post By Flippin' Ram

Thread: Ram Reports ..

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Ram Reports ..

Rams Rapid Reports by Ron Clements, CBSSports.com

Quick marvels at Bradford's passes

Rookie WR Brian Quick said the first pass he caught from QB Sam Bradford this week was a slant. “It was pretty,” Quick said. “He throws a great ball. It doesn’t get any better than that, especially coming from a smaller school (Appalachian State). My guys in school, they’re great, but being at a different level it’s different.”

WR Quick recognizes need to make fast impression

WR Brian Quick knows that showcasing his abilities begins in OTAs. “If you want to play, I’ve got to impress my coaches and just go out there and have fun,” he said Wednesday. “I feel like I’m doing good. I’m learning fast, taking in extra work.”

WR Givens says Bradford everything he thought he'd be

Rookie WR Chris Givens finally got to catch passes from QB Sam Bradford this week. “He’s everything I heard about and more,” Givens said. “He hits every throw and is always on point. He does a good job of picking us up after practice, working on the mistakes. Even during practice, he’s in our ear whether it was a good play or a bad play.”

WR Givens says he's fastest man on roster
    WR Chris Givens said he may be the fastest player on the roster. “Speed is definitely a big part of my game,” he said. “It’s something I pride myself on.” Givens, who runs a mid-4.3 40-yard dash, said his biggest adjustment will be going from a college star to a role player in the NFL.

WRs Givens, Quick enjoyed rookie event, happy to be back
    WRs Chris Givens and Brian Quick said they had fun at the NFLPA’s rookie premiere event but were happy to join their teammates this week for OTAs. “I hated being away because of how much I love football,” Givens said.

Bradford says ankle healing nicely
    QB Sam Bradford said his left ankle, injured in October at Green Bay, is nearly 100 percent. “It’s getting there,” he said Wednesday. “It feels better every week -- less soreness, more things I can do. It’s definitely on the right track.”

Bradford takes note of rookie WR Quick's size, speed

QB Sam Bradford on rookie WR Brian Quick: “It’s just extremely impressive watching him move. As big as he is, as tall as he is (6-3), he gets in and out of breaks really well. He’s fast as well. It’s exciting to have him here.”

Bradford impressed with rookie WR Givens' speed
    QB Sam Bradford on rookie WR Chris Givens: “Givens, first of all, is really fast. He’s a guy that defenses are going to have to be extremely aware of. If they fall asleep on him for a half-second, he’s going to be by them. That’s nice to have, that added speed.”

Bradford getting used to learning new offenses

QB Sam Bradford said learning a new offense is something he’s used to. The Rams are in their third offense in as many years. Having a QBs coach has also helped Bradford work on his fundamentals. With Josh McDaniels doubling as offensive coordinator and QBs coach last year, Bradford said some developmental pointers were lost and he got lazy at times with his technique.

Jackson says Fisher's laid-back approach well received
    RB Steven Jackson said there's a more relaxed feeling around Rams Park under coach Jeff Fisher. Jackson said players have been receptive to Fisher’s laid-back approach, especially some of the competitive games Fisher uses. “Things like that change the monotony but still get the job done,” Jackson said. “Those little subtle things help with the camaraderie as guys get to know each other.”

Jackson: NFL leg-pads rule won't make competitive difference

RB Steven Jackson has always worn leg pads. Of the NFL owners’ decision to mandate leg pads, Jackson said it shouldn’t make a competitive difference. “It’s going to be a different culture, but with the way things are being designed … you can still feel like you’re able to move,” Jackson said.

Jackson looks forward to meeting, mentoring Pead
    RB Steven Jackson has been impressed with the rookie class. He’s looking forward to meeting rookie Isaiah Pead, who's not at OTAs because of the NFL’s graduation rule. “Any time I get a young running back in the room with me, if he has a question I try to answer it,” Jackson said.

Fisher says 70 percent of offense, defense installe
    d
    Coach Jeff Fisher said about 70 percent of the offense and defense has been installed and the installation should be complete by the end of next month’s mandatory minicamp. “We did a lot of two-minute (Wednesday) and we’re going to do more two-minute on Friday and just adding more and more to the package,” Fisher said.

WRs get extra work after missing time at rookie event

Coach Jeff Fisher and QB Sam Bradford said that WRs Chris Givens and Brian Quick appear to be up to speed after missing last week’s OTAs because of the NFLPA’s rookie premiere event. Givens and Quick said they’re comfortable in the offense, but they still caught balls from all four QBs following Wednesday’s practice. Also getting extra work were WRs Brandon Gibson, Steve Smith and Nick Johnson.

Quick makes rookie mistake, misses flight

WR Chris Givens returned to St. Louis from the NFLPA’s rookie premiere event in Los Angeles on Sunday, but WR Brian Quick didn’t get back until Monday morning after taking a red-eye flight. “I overreacted, what are they doing putting guys on a red-eye,” coach Jeff Fisher said. “Well, he had his headphones on and didn’t hear the gate change and missed his flight.” Quick said it was a rookie mistake that wouldn’t happen again.

Sore DT Brockers held out as precaution

C Scott Wells wasn't at Wednesday’s practice. Also not practicing, but at Rams Park, were S Matt Daniels, CB Josh Gordy, WR Danario Alexander, DT Michael Brockers, TE Michael Hoomanawanui and DT Trevor Laws. Coach Jeff Fisher said Brockers was sore, so they’re holding him back as a precaution.

Fisher likes waiver pickup TE Eldridge

Coach Jeff Fisher on TE Brody Eldridge, claimed off waivers over the weekend: “He’s really very athletic and is big and strong, big target and a really good blocking tight end. We’ve got all shapes and sizes (at TE), and coach (Rob Boras) is doing a great job with them. It’s a very important position in our offense.”

Rookies make some nois
    e
    The Rams employed a “green” way to pump in crowd noise during Wednesday’s practice. Instead of piping in audio, a group of players -- mostly rookies -- stood behind the offensive huddle and shouted. “It’s a way for the rookies to be useful,” RB Steven Jackson joked. Coach Jeff Fisher added, “It’s a good rookie class, voice-wise. It’s less expensive. It’s easy. You can turn it on and off.”

RG Dahl, LB Dunbar have to be separated
    There was a brief skirmish during Wednesday’s OTA practice between RG Harvey Dahl and LB Jo-Lonn Dunbar. Dahl’s helmet was ripped off before teammates quickly separated the two. The pushing and shoving took place following a play during 11-on-11 drills.

Jersey numbers change for several players
    New TE Brody Eldridge has been given jersey No. 81. That number was formerly worn by TE Mike McNeill, who now has 89. Also changing numbers are OT Jason Smith (from 77 to 72), CB Josh Gordy (38 to 25) and QB Tom Brandstater (12 to 5). Smith’s former number now belongs to undrafted rookie OT Joe Long, S Rodney McLeod has 38 and No. 12 is owned by veteran WR Steve Smith.
    Jonze likes this.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Re: Ram Reports ..

There was a brief skirmish during Wednesday’s OTA practice between RG Harvey Dahl and LB Jo-Lonn Dunbar. Dahl’s helmet was ripped off before teammates quickly separated the two. The pushing and shoving took place following a play during 11-on-11 drills.
    Welcome back, Harvey.
    Jonze, Torry Holt and Tampa_Ram like this.

Trevor is offline Registered User

Geez, Harvey..

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

Dahl: "Holding?! That's not ******g holding J-Lo....sorry, Jon Lo!""

Dunbar: "Whad ya' call me?!....."

Dahl: "Nothin'. How's your mom?"

Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Guessing those two had a lot of bad blood back when they were skirmishing in Falcons-Saints games?
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.