View Poll Results: What statute would you like to see outside the EJD?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Isaac Bruce (Catching the winning TD in the Super Bowl)

4 16.67%
  • Kurt Warner (Holding up the Lombardi Trophy)

7 29.17%
  • The Fearsome Foursome

5 20.83%
  • Elroy "Crazy Legs" Hirsh

0 0%
  • Roma Gabriel

1 4.17%
  • Marshall Faulk

1 4.17%
  • "The Tackle"

6 25.00%
  • Erick Dickerson

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    cowboyhater is offline Registered User

Re: Ram Statute at the EJD (The Poll)

If there is only going to be one statue, I have to give it to the Bruce catch.

My reasoning in simple: the team is in St. Louis, and this was the first football championship brought to St. Louis.

Than why not Warner or "The Tackle"?
    I remain a big KW fan, but he is still an active player who will likely be on an iopponent's roster in coming seasons. "The Tackle" is great, but it would give the impression that the '99 Rams was about Defense. The defense was solid, but the offense (and Tony Horne on returns) won the games.

A word about the others:
    Hirsch was great, but so was Bob Waterfield. Neither played in St. Louis. Roman Gabriel was a presence, but he was in L.A. and won nothing of consequence. The Fearsome Foursome are worthy of a statue, just not the first one in St. Louis. The same goes with Dickerson. Faulk would be an excellent backup choice, perhaps in conjunction with Holt and Bruce.

I follow the team, not the city, and would follow the Rams to anyplace short of Havana. But the Jones Dome is a place. If the Rams ever move, the the statue might well stay. Bruce is a great symbol because he was the last L.A. Ram, and therefore is the first St. Louis Ram. He will spend his entire career as a Ram, I hope, and he should be honored for his play and loyalty.

xHOLTx81 is offline Registered User

I think if anything we should put "THE TACKLE" because that had to be one of the best moments of my life i punched a hole in the wall i was so happy about it i went crazy and i would love to b reminded about that historic event everytime i see the EJD

DJRamFan is offline Registered User

It HAS to be either Bruce or the Tackle. I would like some of the other guys, but unfortunately they were in the LA years (still sucks about the move from my perspective).

I had a tough choice between the two, but I went with Bruce because he's been such a staple with the franchise.
    DJRamFan
    ClanRam Fantasy Football Commissioner
    2003 & 2004 ClanRam Cup Champion

ClanRam

LONG LIVE MIKE MARTZ

NFL Champions: 1945, 1951
    NFC Champions: 1979, 1999, 2001
    Division Champions: 1945, 1949-1951, 1955, 1967, 1969, 1973-1979, 1985, 1999, 2001, 2003

Super Bowl XXXIV Champions

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123