Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RamDez says ...............

Itís that time of the year, the Scotsman dusts of his crystal ball, gives it a good rub and looks deap into the 2006 season mist.

Season opener: Denver Broncos. The Rams will come out of the gate strong in the 2006 season opener , viewed in person by the ClanRam Warriors. The Broncos will trip early. Rams Win.
    1-0
    Week 2: @ the whiners. Once again the Rams will go into this game as favourites and on paper, they should put this one to bed early. And with the backing of ClanRam members, itís a Rams Win.
    2-0
    Week3: @ the cards. This will be a tough game. The Rams and Cards are matched and this could go either way. I call cards win.
    2-1
    Week 4: Mad Mike comes back to his old home and puts the hurt on the Rams, big style. But guess what. We now have Jim Haslett in the Blue & Gold and you know how Haslett and Martz get on. This will be a battle of the coordinators. Rams Win.
    3-1
    Week 5: @ the pack. The Rams get a break and get the pack early. This is a game that will set the Rams on the road to a playoff spot. Rams win.
    4-1
    Week 6: Hawks come knocking and show why they are the division champs. Hawks win.
    4-2

Bye week.

Week 7: @ Chargers. This will be one hell of a tough game. Bolts are tough at home and this will continue to be the case. Bolts win.
    4-3
    Week 8: Chiefs chop their way into the Ed and find out that this is NO pre season game. Rams show their metal and show that they do have a running game. Rams win.
    5-3
    Week 9: @ hawks. Tough time for our Rams as we go into a very hard game at Seattle. Rams come out with a loss. Hawks win.
    5-4
    Week 10: @ panthers. Hey, two weeks in a row, away from home, Rams find a chink in the cats armour and put the game in the bag. Ram win.
    6-4
    Week 11: Rams come home to find the whiners hiding in the Ed. Rams flush them out and send them whining their way home. Ram win.
    7-4
    Week 12: Rams get a second home game and begin to find their form. Rams come up against a Card team looking to blank the Rams but guess what. Rams win.
    8-4
    Week 13: Rams are sitting pretty in the Ed with a third home game. Fans expect a win, Bears expect a win. RamDez is telling you this baby will be a hard battle. Rams come out bloody but Winners.
    9-4
    Week 14: @Raiders. Rams on a 4 week winning streak. It come screeching to a halt as the Raiders stomp on the Rams. Black & Silver beats Blue & Gold.
    9-5
    Week 15: The Skins come into the Ed and limp out squint. Ram win
    10-5
    Week 16: The rams end the regular season on the road @ the Vikings. Welcome home Linehan .... Viking win
    10-6

Well there you go, 10-6 and the chance of a playoff spot for the 2006 St Louis Rams.

TNRamFan23 is offline Registered User

Re: RamDez says ...............

nice !

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    Itís that time of the year, the Scotsman dusts of his crystal ball, gives it a good rub and looks deap into the 2006 season mist.

Season opener: Denver Broncos. The Rams will come out of the gate strong in the 2006 season opener , viewed in person by the ClanRam Warriors. The Broncos will trip early. Rams Win.
    1-0
    Week 2: @ the whiners. Once again the Rams will go into this game as favourites and on paper, they should put this one to bed early. And with the backing of ClanRam members, itís a Rams Win.
    2-0
    Week3: @ the cards. This will be a tough game. The Rams and Cards are matched and this could go either way. I call cards win.
    2-1
    Week 4: Mad Mike comes back to his old home and puts the hurt on the Rams, big style. But guess what. We now have Jim Haslett in the Blue & Gold and you know how Haslett and Martz get on. This will be a battle of the coordinators. Rams Win.
    3-1
    Week 5: @ the pack. The Rams get a break and get the pack early. This is a game that will set the Rams on the road to a playoff spot. Rams win.
    4-1
    Week 6: Hawks come knocking and show why they are the division champs. Hawks win.
    4-2

Bye week.

Week 7: @ Chargers. This will be one hell of a tough game. Bolts are tough at home and this will continue to be the case. Bolts win.
    4-3
    Week 8: Chiefs chop their way into the Ed and find out that this is NO pre season game. Rams show their metal and show that they do have a running game. Rams win.
    5-3
    Week 9: @ hawks. Tough time for our Rams as we go into a very hard game at Seattle. Rams come out with a loss. Hawks win.
    5-4
    Week 10: @ panthers. Hey, two weeks in a row, away from home, Rams find a chink in the cats armour and put the game in the bag. Ram win.
    6-4
    Week 11: Rams come home to find the whiners hiding in the Ed. Rams flush them out and send them whining their way home. Ram win.
    7-4
    Week 12: Rams get a second home game and begin to find their form. Rams come up against a Card team looking to blank the Rams but guess what. Rams win.
    8-4
    Week 13: Rams are sitting pretty in the Ed with a third home game. Fans expect a win, Bears expect a win. RamDez is telling you this baby will be a hard battle. Rams come out bloody but Winners.
    9-4
    Week 14: @Raiders. Rams on a 4 week winning streak. It come screeching to a halt as the Raiders stomp on the Rams. Black & Silver beats Blue & Gold.
    9-5
    Week 15: The Skins come into the Ed and limp out squint. Ram win
    10-5
    Week 16: The rams end the regular season on the road @ the Vikings. Welcome home Linehan .... Viking win
    10-6

Well there you go, 10-6 and the chance of a playoff spot for the 2006 St Louis Rams.
    Well if Dez said it, than it MUST be true! :P

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post

RamDez,

I respect your thoughts and I enjoyed sharing a look into your crystal ball. HOWEVER..... Could you please take another look in the ball and make absolute sure that you see a Raiders win. If there's one game I'm confident in the Rams coming away with a victory, it's against the Raiders in the black hole. Shake that ball and look again.

coy bacon is offline Registered User

The good news is that I suck at predicting.

Season opener: Denver Broncos. 0-1
    Week 2: @ the whiners. . 0-2
    Week3: @ the cards. 0-3
    Week 4: Mad Mike 1-3
    Week 5: @ the pack 2-3
    Week 6: Hawks 2-4
    Week 7: @ Chargers. 2-5
    Week 8: Chiefs 2-6
    Week 9: @ hawks. 2-7
    Week 10: @ panthers. 2-8
    Week 11: whiners 3-8
    Week 12: Card 3-9
    Week 13: Bears 4-9
    Week 14: @Raiders. 5-9
    Week 15: The Skins 5-10
    Week 16: @ the Vikings. 6-10

norcalramfan is offline Registered User

No Way jeff george beats us! rams beat Raiders and the color will be black and blue!!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Wait. Jeff George is still playing?!? :x I kind of "hope" he is.

Then Rams 11-5. Minimum.

SHOWTIME

bigredman is offline Registered User

OK....Dez has thrown down the gauntlet, let me give it a whirl....

Season opener: Denver Broncos. The Rams show up sputtering, still getting the kinks out of their new schemes and players 0-1
    Week 2: @ the whiners. The Rams get a boost of confidence against a truly pathetic team 1-1
    Week3: @ the cards. The Cards show they are the real deal in the division in their new nest. 1-2
    Week 4: Detroit Lions Martz has trouble getting his huge head through the visitor's locker room door 2-2
    Week 5: @ the pack. Favre increases his season total for interceptions to 15 3-2
    Week 6: Seattle Seahawks suffer the Super Bowl loser curse. 4-2

Bye week.

Week 7: @ Chargers. The Rams come back sluggish on the natural turf and sun of southern California 4-3
    Week 8: Kansas City. Chiefs already have found out that their star running back can't get the yards behind their current O-line and they have no passing game to fall back on. 5-3
    Week 9: @ hawks. The Rams split the season with Seattle, giving this one away in the fourth quarter 5-4
    Week 10: @ panthers. The Rams still haven't figured out how to beat this team in their own zoo. 5-5
    Week 11: Whiners. The Rams get to rest their starters after the beating last week, send in the subs and still beat SF by three touchdowns! 6-5
    Week 12: Cards. The Cards just are hitting on all cylinders 6-6
    Week 13: Bears. Chicago still doesn't have a QB or the supporting cast to deal with the Rams, although their defense keep it respectable, the Rams still win. 7-6
    Week 14: @Raiders. Its raining and cold in the bay area. The Rams give away a game to a truly pathetic team and I travel home wet and depressed. 7-7
    Week 15: Redskins. The skins continue to suffer the indulgence of their owner. 8-7
    Week 16: @ the Vikings. The Vikings are too deep in their rebuilding project to give the Rams any competition 9-7
    Last edited by bigredman; -09-01-2006 at 11:45 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

The good news is that I suck at predicting.

Season opener: Denver Broncos. 0-1
    Week 2: @ the whiners. . 0-2
    Week3: @ the cards. 0-3
    Week 4: Mad Mike 1-3
    Week 5: @ the pack 2-3
    Week 6: Hawks 2-4
    Week 7: @ Chargers. 2-5
    Week 8: Chiefs 2-6
    Week 9: @ hawks. 2-7
    Week 10: @ panthers. 2-8
    Week 11: whiners 3-8
    Week 12: Card 3-9
    Week 13: Bears 4-9
    Week 14: @Raiders. 5-9
    Week 15: The Skins 5-10
    Week 16: @ the Vikings. 6-10
    Bad news we have some extremely pessimistic clan members this year.

1.I say we beat the Broncos in a close one 1-0
    2.Whiners?we better freaking win 2-0
    3.Cards 2-1 rude awakening
    4.Mad Mike will be mad 3-1 Lions suck!!!!
    5.Packers 4-1 at least 3 picks that game]
    6.Hawks 5-1 Super Bowl hangover our HOUSE!!
    7.Chargers 5-2 and I will be in attendance damn
    8.Chiefs L J vs S J better passing Rams win 6-2
    9.Hawks win at home 6-3
    10.Panthers smack Bulger in the mouth 6-4
    11. any doubt we beat whiners 7-4
    12.Cards paybacks a biotch win by a FG 8-4
    13.Bears hard call 9-4 we squeak it out
    14.Raiders too old 10-4
    15.Redskins beat us 10-5
    16. Vikings win emotional game with playoffs for them on the line 10-6

Playoff bound are the Rams
    Last edited by LaRamsFanLongTime; -09-02-2006 at 12:52 AM.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

RAMS134 is offline Registered User

Hey the RAMS will win in Minnesota this year I have a feeling and besides it will be my second game to see them play. Lets go RAMS!!!!

JackieSlater is offline Registered User

I still stand by this post i made about a month ago -

As far as i would like to think, we should improve on our 6-10 record from last season. How much? thats a tricky question, having read this thread, the guys are banding about 12-4, 11-5, 10-6, great!! yes i'll take that, however IMHO some of the guys have failed to take into account our quite tough Sked! add that to the fact that we've had many high profile changes this off season. this coming season must be regarding as a settling in, as we say in English football, a 'Consoladating year'...

Will i get slated for suggesting IMHO that if we get 8-8, that'll be acceptable?
    looking at the Sked -
    Divison - Cards 2 wins(hopefully) Whiners 2 win (just cause we can) Seaslags, 1-1 and thats if we're lucky so division leaves us 5-1
    1st game - Denver - ok we're at home tough tough game, can we win? doubt it -lose
    then Detroit - how can we forget the mastermind MM(The Mad Magician) now as OC there, and hey, not many people are talking about that O are they, Rogers, Williams, Jones, and they have their QB in Kitna, add that to MM offensive mind, they maybe be underestimated by many.. will be another tough game, should win
    Packers - In Green Bay - win, just
    Bolts - tough, win
    Cheifs - win,
    Carolina - loss
    Chicago - loss
    Oakland - Win(say hi to Jackie while your there!!!)
    Wash - loss
    Minnesota win-

thats leaves us with a 11-5 record, can we get that?

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

In my eyes...

Okay, we have some real pessimists, and some surefire optimists, so I'm going to wing this one- make it up as I go. Certified and unplugged as of 10:19 PM 2/9/06.

Also noticed that in a lot of the more optimistic predictions, the Rams dont fall under 500 after week 3. Tough ask, no?

Game One- Broncos- Loss. They're too good. We're just learning.
    Game Two- @Niners- Win. Come on. It's San Francisco, and it's payback time.
    Game Three- @Cards-Win. We're starting to shore up on D, and we can run it against theirs.
    Game Four- Lions- Win. They're getting there, but we're two steps ahead.
    Game Five- @Packers-Win. Turnovers will cost the pack.
    Game Six- Seahawks-Win. At Home, baby.
    Game Seven- @ Chargers-Loss- Hello, midseason slump
    Game Eight-Chiefs- Loss- The AFC West is 3/4 too strong.
    Game Nine-@ Hawks- Loss- Poor form and injuries cost the Rams a Shehawk- sweep.
    Game Ten- @ Panthers- Loss- Too Consistent all round.
    Game 11- Niners- Win- Alex Smith is terrorised in the EJD.
    Game 12- Cardinals- Win- We've still got their number. Home game, too.
    Game 13- Bears- Loss- We lose at home to a suffocating defense.
    Game 14- @ Raiders- Win- The weak link in the (AFC) West.
    Game 15- Redskins- Close to call, game of the season for our Rams. We -Win- through personal bias and by the skins of our teeth. Pardon the pun.
    Game 16- @ Vikings-IMO, Depends on outcome of previous game. I'll say loss, for the record.

Counting!

9-7 RECORD. Decent. Injuries and outcome of game 15 depending. Ballpark figure for the season from this, between 8-8 and 10-6. anything under 7-9 is a disappointment, but learning curve, anything over 10-6 is a tribute to players and coaches.
    Last edited by Bar-bq; -09-02-2006 at 08:47 AM.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

What strikes me looking at the schedule is we need to start out strong and get 4 wins or more before the bye week. The 4 game stretch after the bye week is the worst for us, we could go 1-3 or even 0-4 there, very very tough. Luckily the schedule looks easier after that. All in all I don't know if our schedule really is that tough, sure it's tougher than last season, but as long as the Whiners and Cards still suck there's a limit to how hard our schedule can be. I really hope the Cards still suck, may they be stuck at the bottom with the Whiners forever!

1. Broncos: Man that's a tough one to start the season, it's a toss up, but I think they nail us, tough loss. Impatient fans will begin to question Linehan already.

2. @49'ers: They're not ready to compete this year, we win.

3. @Cardinals: They had a terrific draft, but it doesn't show yet, we win.

4. Lions: Martz after the game: "Shoot we can fix that". It's a sloppy win with quite a few turnovers and penalties.

5. @Packers: Favre makes the decision to return look awful, perhaps the easiest win for us this year.

6. Seahawks: We barely squeak out a win here to go into the bye week full of momentum.

7. @Chargers: Even without Brees at QB this team is still loaded with talent at almost all positions, we lose.

8. Chiefs: The Chiefs are getting older, but they still pack a decent punch and they'll play solid football, a close battle, but in the end we just have more talent and get the win.

9. @Seahawks: They get us back, we lose on a depressing rainy day in Seattle to split the games with them this year.

10. @Panthers: Looks like a top team in the NFC this year, we lose.

11. 49'ers: We sweep them this year, as we should, win.

12. Cardinals: One of the games we should win, but don't, an embarassing defeat against the Big Dead at home.

13. Bears: They still have no offense, Lovie's defense would have to shut us out to win, it's a low-scoring brutal game but we win.

14. @Raiders: Raiders will still be searching for a capable QB at this point, they can keep on searching in the 2007 NFL draft, we go home with a win here.

15. Redskins: As with the Bears the Redskins have hardly any offense, but this defense really gets the better of us. We lose a bruising battle here.

16. @Vikings: The Vikings were much worse than they thought last year, this year their expectations are lowered. They appear in rebuilding mode and Linehan gets a nice win against his former team.

10-6, we get a wildcard spot in the playoffs. Am I too optimistic? Perhaps a little bit, but that's preseason I guess. In the back of my mind I have an unsettling feeling that this season will be like last year: we sign some free agents that flop, draft some guys that look promising but aren't ready yet and get several key players injured. I'm gonna ignore those thoughts for now though, because it's time to get fired up for Rams football, the regular season is almost here!

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

12-4 or Even 13-3 minimum

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Week 1: Broncos - L
    Week 2: @ ***** - W
    Week 3: @ Cardinals - L
    Week 4: Detroit - W
    Week 5: @ Packers - W
    Week 6: Seahawks - L
    BYE
    Week 8: @ Chargers - L
    Week 9: Chiefs - W
    Week 10: @ Seahawks - L
    Week 11: @ Panthers - L
    Week 12: ***** - W
    Week 13: Cardinals - W
    Week 14: Bears - W
    Week 15: @ Raiders - W
    Week 16: Redskins - L
    Week 17: @ Vikings - W

9-7 by my count, which is great for a first year head coach. That being said, I could just as easily see us going 8-8 or 7-9.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast