Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BEER is offline Registered User
    Let me start by saying football is like life, common sense and logic.
    Exe..... If I were to say there would be a earthquake in CA in the next
    two days, and if one did actually happen, would I be a genius, a
    fortune teller. NO, I was using common sense, I live in Ca and there are
    always earthquakes.

So that being said, the Rams look pretty shi y. But logic is only right 90%
    of the time so i could be wrong. I am a LA/anahiem fan so i am use to
    waiting for my team to be good. The question is, are all you st louis ram fans
    ready to wait 3 to 15 years for another good Rams team?

What im trying to say is "are you ready for the long haul because the rams
    will not be even an 8n8 teams this year"........"And I do hope Im wrong!!"
    Last edited by BEER; -08-11-2008 at 02:17 AM.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Re: Rams, 0-16. My pre.

Hopefully the Rams will finally wake up after being beat down by the Tennessee Titans. If all the pieces fall into place, the Rams could end up with a winning record and maybe make the playoffs.
    First, the business of Steven Jackson must get taken care of. We do need him and we need him in camp soon to get him going for the regular season. Having him hold out into the regular season will definitely set the Rams back. Steven's holding the cards here and calling the Rams bluff, but the Rams aren't buying it.

Rams have a major weakness on the Run Defense, everybody runs right through us, this absolutely must change! I'm sure Hasslett will concentrate on this fact in the coming weeks leading up to the start of the season.

This years' regular season schedule hits us hard out the gate.
    We open up in Philly, then come home to the Giants, then back on the road to Seattle and then back home for Buffalo. The Rams would do well to be 2-2 at this point, And then there's a bye.
    After the bye 3 tough matchups, @ Washington, Cowboys in STL, @ New England. Maybe we get 1 of the three here, and then back home against the Cards.
    I can see the Rams going 4-4 at the half way point of the season. Anything better would be gravy!
    The remaining 8 games would be rather tame in comparison.
    @ Brett Farve & the Jets
    @ Frisco
    Bears & Dolphins @ D ED
    @ Zona
    SeaHawks & Frisco @ D ED
    @ ATL to end the season.

If the Rams get their stuff together, and I know I'm going out on a limb here, but whynot sweep the 2nd half of the schedule. I'm saying the Rams could finish 12-4, borrowing injuries.

I hereby call the following soldiers into battle to complete this mission.

Marc Bulger
    Steven Jackson
    Brian Leonard
    Torry Holt
    Drew Bennett
    Randy McMichaels
    Orlando Pace
    Alex Barron
    Ritchie Incognito
    Jacob Bell
    Brett Romberg
    Dante Hall
    Leonard Little
    La'Roi Glover
    Adam Carriker
    Chris Long
    Chris Draft
    Will Witherspoon
    Pisa Tinoisamoa
    Tye Hill
    Fakhir Brown
    Oshiomogho Atogwe
    Corey Chavous
    Donnie Jones
    Josh Brown
    Dane Looker
    along with the rest of the Saint Louis Rams Army.

If we get our heads out...show some pride and dedication, this year can be a success.

0-16 is too easy and is for losers. Wecome the challenge of becoming winners!

After this weekends debacle in Tennessee things look pretty grim.
    The Rams were knocked down, but as always we'll get back up, dust ourselves off and start all over again!

REMEMBER....

DON'T SUCK LEMONS........SUCCESS!!!
    Last edited by dgr828; -08-11-2008 at 03:40 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IzzyHigh1212 Guest

It wasn't all that bad. People really overreact. New offense..new coaches..new players..no Steven. It'll take a minute. I seen some good things as well as some bad things. But, nothing really 'horrible'. They got three more games to get it together. I'm not worried.

moloch41 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyHigh1212 View Post
    It wasn't all that bad. People really overreact. New offense..new coaches..new players..no Steven. It'll take a minute. I seen some good things as well as some bad things. But, nothing really 'horrible'. They got three more games to get it together. I'm not worried.

We have a new defensive coordinator? Cool, I was hatin' Haslett.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Izzy, while i agree that we dont need to overeact especially with the players missing (ie spoon and jackson), i will point out that 340 rushing yards allowed is as horrible as it gets and without jackson, we have no functioning running game. There is absolutely no reason to believe that either pittman or leonard is qualified to be a starting caliber nfl running back.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Izzy, while i agree that we dont need to overeact especially with the players missing (ie spoon and jackson), i will point out that 340 rushing yards allowed is as horrible as it gets and without jackson, we have no functioning running game. There is absolutely no reason to believe that either pittman or leonard is qualified to be a starting caliber nfl running back.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    While I am not sold on Pittman, he looked vastly improved over last year. He was more patient in terms of waiting for holes, and that bounce to the outside he made on the TD run was just sick. He would not have made that cut last year and would have been stood up in the middle for a loss. He definitely has some potential ....

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    always earthquakes.

Yeah these St Louisian fans are about to get a taste of what it's like to be a real rams fan. LOL. All I do know is if they don't get this Steven Jackson thing right I don't know how much longer I can take being a Rams fans. Especially when there's a pretty decent team two hours from my back yard, in my own home state I can root for. The difference between the Rams now and then, is the front office. Jay Z Zygmunt is a horrible front office person, not to mention this is the first year they've really had a personnel scout.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    Yeah these St Louisian fans are about to get a taste of what it's like to be a real rams fan. LOL. All I do know is if they don't get this Steven Jackson thing right I don't know how much longer I can take being a Rams fans. Especially when there's a pretty decent team two hours from my back yard, in my own home state I can root for. The difference between the Rams now and then, is the front office. Jay Z Zygmunt is a horrible front office person, not to mention this is the first year they've really had a personnel scout.
    LOL, indeed. I mean what's funnier than watching the Rams lose, right? But we "St Louisian" fans will get our baptism of fire this year, won't we? I mean it's not like the Rams have had a bad season since they moved to town, right?

What's unfortunate is how we don't have another team in our backyard. Man, you're really lucky to have another team you can go cheer for when this team isn't playing good. I guess we will just have to stick it out with the Rams, darnit.

Well, anyway, best of luck to you and your new team.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

moloch41 Guest

All I know is that I made it through the 90s and if a fan can get through that, they can get through anything...even Linny & Co. I'm just tired of seeing the same weaknesses, same mistakes, & same lame playcalling week after week and hearing the same nonsense about how they know it's broken and how they're going to fix it. I want to see results already and enough of the "Crazy Jibba-Jabba" (yes, I had a Mr. T flashback.)

OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    I suppose using this analogy I should just skip right over to the outlet mall and buy myself a Cutler jersey and jump on the donkey cart. OK, so then, even that which was sarcasm was tough to get out.

Reality speaking, if you are thinking about jumping ship over a holdout situation then you might as well go ahead and jump, because historically speaking, it doesn't even begin to compare to the lows this team has reached.

All that aside, I think 0-16 is an extreme exaggeration even though anything is possible. Regardless, I will be right in front of my TV (except for the Giants game) rooting for them one game at a time as usual.
    Steve

What you see is what you get, but what you see depends on where you stand.

GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    always earthquakes.

You seem to forget that we had the dreadful Cardinals for 27 years. Unfortunately, we're used to this brand of ball.

smitheRAM is offline Registered User

This is what I saw from our first team. Big O give up a sack and a half. Cog whiff on a block and give up a sack. Bulger over throw a few guys. Looks like he is still in last years habit of leaning back and throwing of the back foot even when the few times the rush is not there. That said they did not play long enough to really tell anything. I would have liked to see Lance Ball get a few reps. The first team D played alittle longer. Long looked like a rookie. Carricker I thought held up well. I don't see us as 8-8 more like 5-11. I can wait for next year and a new coaching staff.

IzzyHigh1212 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    We have a new defensive coordinator? Cool, I was hatin' Haslett.
    I'd place the defense's performance into the 'bad things' category. It didn't get real bad until the first team went off...so, that leads me to believe we lack decent depth. That's another bad thing...but we'll see.

I'm not going to jump to conclusions. Three more games.

Josh Guest

0-16??? that was a Jackass Statement. No I did not say YOu were a Jacksass, I said That STATEMENT was a Jackass. If you don't want to have faith that's your problem. The rams will NOT be 0-16!!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    0-16??? that was a Jackass Statement. No I did not say YOu were a Jacksass, I said That STATEMENT was a Jackass. If you don't want to have faith that's your problem. The rams will NOT be 0-16!!
    Josh, I agree that 0-16 is a bit far-fetched. However, for discussion sake, at what point does a prediction become jackasstistic?

1-15?
    2-14?
    3-13?
    etc.?

Not trying to be argumentative, just looking for an opportunity to engage in off-season discussion.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast