Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Rams #12 on Vic Carucci power poll

Moving up the charts w/ nfl.coms Vic Carucci power poll @ #12.
    If we pulverize the 9ers with offense and defense this week, we'll probably move up 2 more spots. But in order to actually be considered a real force, we can't show signs of struggle on O and we'd have to pound the Tards as well.
    I don't even wanna mention loosing this weekend. That'd be fatal to our rankings.
    A win this weekend would mean 2 undefeated teams in our division. Us and the winner of the SHE-hawk, DELETED CONTENT game. I like our chances going into this game. Haslett will have the D fired up again. I think our O will break out of it's redzone wo's.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -09-14-2006 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Let's find a different name for the Cardinals, shall we? How about Deadbirds?

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Re: Rams #12 on Vic Carucci power poll

I don't even wanna mention loosing this weekend. That'd be fatal to our rankings.
    Because after all, Power Rankings is what the NFL is all about.

I never understood people's obsession with Power Rankings. I prefer to look at the standings, myself.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

You may wanna cool it with the use of the word TARDS as a disparaging comment. Some folks here may actually have involvement with developmentally disabled people. Pretty childish and disrespectful.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

bruce4life is offline Registered User

wow carucci is actually giving us some props no way!!! are u sure its not a typo???

tanus is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    You may wanna cool it with the use of the word TARDS as a disparaging comment. Some folks here may actually have involvement with developmentally disabled people. Pretty childish and disrespectful.
    oh give me a break. seriously, are you kidding me? in its context its not making fun of mentally retarded people but rather used as a modern slang term.

have you ever said something is retarded before?

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Agreed tanus, its not like this is the Soviet Union.

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Let's find a different name for the Cardinals, shall we? How about Deadbirds?
    Bards? Rhymes with Cards.. bards sing, birds sing.. Cards are yearly trying to sing a new tune (a winning tune), too much of a stretch?

RnD

GO RAMS!!

rampete is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tanus View Post
    ... in its context its not making fun of mentally retarded people but rather used as a modern slang term.

speak of the devil in a blue dress...now, only if adarian was around to
    pound the nail...

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

OOPS!! sorry if i offended anybody with the jargon. Understand this though, we went through years of being referred to as the lambs, clams, and shams. I took it as good fun and its just competitive nature.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tanus View Post
    oh give me a break. seriously, are you kidding me? in its context its not making fun of mentally retarded people but rather used as a modern slang term.

Saying something is RETARDED and tossing around the word TARD is totally different. The growth of ANYTHING can be retarded...the word TARD is AIMED at a developmentally disabled person by heartless IDIOTS. Im sorry that you dont get that. If you ever had anything to do with DD people you would know this word is a PEJORATIVE and is very disrespectful. It IS a "modern slang term" that is very INSULTING to those who ARE mentally challenged, their FAMILIES and those who work with them...PERIOD.

The "context" is clearly one of INSULT/DISRESPECT focused toward the CARDINALS...just the same way 'SHE-hawk' was toward the SEAHAWKS. Last time I checked the word LAMBS isnt a slang term meant to DEGRADE a group of disabled people.

All I said was "you may wanna cool it with the use of the word". No...this isnt the "Soviet Union"...this is the INTERNET and most of us are from America...where you should KNOW BETTER.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

I just don't get it. I mean when did we turn into a society of sensitive little biatches? I'm so sick of having to watch what I say because its not PC! These days people seem to think that every comment that comes out of someones mouth is some how directed to them. Just ask Tiger about the term "spaz". It's just friggin ridiculous and arrogant in my book to think that everything applies to these "sensitive" individuals.

At this rate it wont be long before the human race will be doomed due to the fact that procreation is immpossible without any BALLS!

tanus is offline Registered User

Im just going to let this go before I get pissed off.