3. 50's Rams - Crazy Legs, Tom Fears, Glenn Davis
    4. 80's ***** - Rice, Taylor, Craig
    5. 60's Redskins - Taylor, Mitchell, Jurgensen
    6. 70's Raiders - Biletnikoff, Chester, Wells
    7. 70's Dolphins - the Marks Brothers
    8. Late 80's Redskins - the Posse
    9. Late 90's Vikings - Moss, Carter
    10. 2000's colts - Harrison, Wayne

This seems to credit those Corps which were together several years and not those who were not Flash-in-the-pans or Stallworth/Swan might have made the list?

It was also mentioned how the GSOT had the most depth with Hakim and Proehl as 4th and 5th receivers more than adequate to the task when called upon and how Marshall could easily have been a Wide Receiver had he opted to as he was a great route runner.

RnD

GO RAMS!!

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: Rams #2 & 3 Best Receiving Corps

I saw this also RnD. It was a good watch. It was all about teams with 3 or more receiving threats, whether it was WR, RB, or TE included.

The Colts at #10 had Stokely included. The Vikes at #9 had Jake Reed included. The Fins at #7 had Nat Moore included. The Raiders had Dave Casper included. There were some others I can't remember.

Funny how some of these guys are forgotten. When I saw Carter and Moss I instantly remembered Jake Reed, but before watching that I had completely forgotten about Reed.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

This is great. Lets hope we can revive the Greatest Show On Turf.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    This is great. Let's hope we can revive the Greatest Show On Turf.

Wouldn't that be GREAT!?!

Perhaps the best 'receiver' here would be Coach Al Saunders ... implementing his newly formed offense a la MMM* (even if only partially).

*. - MMM: The great Mike 'Madness' Martz

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Who else could be there, i'm not surprised one bit. I'm kinda surprised they are not first

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

An impressive list to say the least. And if we're being honest, those Air Coryell teams were the GSOT nearly two decades before our GSOT hit the field. Chandler, Joiner, Winslow, Jefferson; and Muncie or James in the backfield.....pretty impressive.

btw, hard list to crack, but an argument could be made for the presence of mid 80's Dolphins. Duper & Clayton made for a solid receiving corp. As well, they had some young QB too, I can't recall his name though.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    An impressive list to say the least. And if we're being honest, those Air Coryell teams were the GSOT nearly two decades before our GSOT hit the field. Chandler, Joiner, Winslow, Jefferson; and Muncie or James in the backfield.....pretty impressive.

btw, hard list to crack, but an argument could be made for the presence of mid 80's Dolphins. Duper & Clayton made for a solid receiving corp. As well, they had some young QB too, I can't recall his name though.

I was looking for the same thing.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

They did make that list, and RnD has them listed under the "Marks Brothers" at #7 (RnD put 70's instead of 80's by mistake I'm guessing), and then like I said Nat Moore was the 3rd that went along with the "Marks Bros".

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    They did make that list, and RnD has them listed under the "Marks Brothers" at #7 (RnD put 70's instead of 80's by mistake I'm guessing), and then like I said Nat Moore was the 3rd that went along with the "Marks Bros".
    Ah yes, very good, Rb. I didn't make it to the nicknames. I saw the "70's Dolphins" and just thought the Nat Moore reference was to his early days next to Paul Warfield (for his rookie season), Duriel Harris, & Freddie Soloman.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

WOW! The Whiners trio from last season didn't make it? What were their names again?

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

i became a fan of football (due to my age) in the early `80`s so only caught the end of the air coryell, chargers...i have seen lots of video clips of theirs and re-runs etc....one epic play-off game against the `phins sticks out!

anyway..to my question to the slighter older fans of football than myself...im thinking the fact that they had kellen winslow at TE over our TE`s who tho roland,ernie and jeff robinson i liked a lot,simply were not kellen winslow! as being the difference maker between them and our very own G.S.O.T...would you say thats about right??

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    i became a fan of football (due to my age) in the early `80`s so only caught the end of the air coryell, chargers...i have seen lots of video clips of theirs and re-runs etc....one epic play-off game against the `phins sticks out!

anyway..to my question to the slighter older fans of football than myself...im thinking the fact that they had kellen winslow at TE over our TE`s who tho roland,ernie and jeff robinson i liked a lot,simply were not kellen winslow! as being the difference maker between them and our very own G.S.O.T...would you say thats about right??
    Ramblin', I agree that the difference between Winslow and the GSOT TEs is vast; no comparison really. And while fair comparisons can be made between the AC Fouts and GSOT Warner, as well as the AC Joiner & Jefferson/Chandler and the GSOT Bruce & Holt, there are a couple of differences that gives the GSOT the advantage in my mind.....

1. First and foremost, Chuck Muncie wasn't Marshall Faulk

2. There were no AC 3/4 wideouts to compare to Hakim and Proehl.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Swann & Stallworth? Both in HOF... Not on the list?

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Denver had the 'three amigos', (or was it tres hombres?), whose names escape me at the moment, (which is maybe why they're not on the list).
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Ramblin', I agree that the difference between Winslow and the GSOT TEs is vast; no comparison really. And while fair comparisons can be made between the AC Fouts and GSOT Warner, as well as the AC Joiner & Jefferson/Chandler and the GSOT Bruce & Holt, there are a couple of differences that gives the GSOT the advantage in my mind.....

1. First and foremost, Chuck Muncie wasn't Marshall Faulk

2. There were no AC 3/4 wideouts to compare to Hakim and Proehl.
    good points...could also add that the Chargers never done it the biggest game of all! seems like they had a different criteria..

AV,
    i cant believe they didnt have stallworth & swann on the list either!

am sure the likes of ike,torry az etc and stallworth,swann etc...would take their superbowl rings over being top of a journalists list anyday!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast