• 1 Post By sosa39rams
  • 1 Post By sosa39rams
  • 1 Post By Goldenfleece
  • 1 Post By sosa39rams

Thread: Rams 2012 Draft Picks Analysis!

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Rams 2012 Draft Picks Analysis!

1.14 - Michael Brockers, DT, LSU

Brockers is the perfect fit for us. He is a run clogging monster and can develop to use his hands and upgrade his pass rushing technique. He is going to be Albert Haynesworth in his prime with us. Brockers looks scary down beside Robert Quinn, Kendall Langford, and Chris Long.

2.33 - Brian Quick, WR, Appalachian State

Brian is an extraordinary talent. He can go up and get the ball, he is great in traffic, is huge at 6'4, he's fast, and he has loads of potential. He needs to run crisper routes which he will learn. He has nice hands as well. He just makes guys miss and continues to pile up yardage.

2.39 - Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama

Janoris is a top 10 talent without his red flags. He is the best pure cover corner in this draft. He is a beast. He shadows WR's, he is a playmaker, has great hands, and knows what hes going on the field. He is going to fit perfectly here with our secondary and our ferocious pass rush.

2.50 - Isaiah Pead, RB, Cincinnati

Isaiah Pead is the perfect change of pace back. He is going to be like Darren Sproles. Underrated. He is very fast and quick, agile, elusive, and will be the perfect, perfect, spell to SJAX. Not only is he that explosive, he can also return kicks and punts.

3.65 - Trumaine Johnson, CB, Montana

Another CB that has a red flag off the field but is a 1st round talent. This kid can flat out play. He loves to lay the wood. He is big at 6'1 and is great at pressing WR's at the line. He solidifies our secondary and I believe within the next few years, we will have the best secondary in the NFL and a top 5 Defense.

4.96 - Chris Givens, WR, Wake Forest

Very good WR. He is considered the best route running WR in the draft, making him as pro ready as anyone in this draft. He also ran a 4.39 at the combine. We finally have some speed on this team. He will immediately start across from Brian Quick and Danny Amendola. He also is known to have "swagger", something we dont have. Amazing pick, was supposed to go early 2nd round.

5.150 - Rokevious Watkins, OG, South Carolina

Watkins is absolutely massive at 6'4 and 340 lbs. He is decent at pass pro and at run blocking. His problems are pad height, balance, and not very athletic in space, which is expected when you're 340 lbs. The total opposite of Jacob Bell right here. This kid is going to bully people with that size. His problems are all coachable, and Boudreau and Fisher will make him a top 10 OG in the NFL. Its a perfect fit too because Scott Wells is only 300 lbs, so having a mauler next to him will help him out tremendously.

6.171 - Greg Zuerlein, K, Missouri Western

" Zuerlein made 21 consecutive field goals, including nine straight from 50-plus yards. " I love it. The kid has a huge leg and is the best kicker in the draft. We get to replace the overpaid Josh Brown now.

7.209 - Aaron Brown, LB, Hawaii

6'0, 237 lbs, and ran a 4.8 40. He doesn't have bad size and has decent speed. In that video you see him trailing and he catches up and never gives up on the play. He was arrested for a fight earlier this season. We just keep adding mean players to a scary defense.

7.252 - Daryl Washington, RB, Abilene Christian
    " Richardson, 6-0, 200, rushed for 867 yards (w/11 TDs) in 2011, averaging 5.9 yards per carry. He caught 40 passes for 371 yards and 2 TDs. " He is small, and fast, and explosive.
    Last edited by sosa39rams; -04-28-2012 at 07:33 PM.
    ramsbruce likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

Re: Rams 2012 Draft Picks Analysis!

And just for the record, I believe our division played a role in the players we nabbed. I mean, we drafted 2 CB's and signed another one thats top 10 in the NFL (Cortland Finnegan, Janoris Jenkins, Trumaine Johnson). You ask why?

***** WR's and TE's:

Michael Crabtree
    Mario Manningham
    Randy Moss
    A.J Jenkins
    Kyle Williams
    Ted Ginn Jr
    Vernon Davis
    Delanie Walker

Cards :

Larry Fitzgerald
    Michael Floyd
    Early Doucet
    Andre Roberts
    Rob Housler
    Todd Heap

Seahawks :

Doug Baldwin
    Sidney Rice
    Mike Williams
    Ben Obamanu
    Ricardo Lockette
    Golden Tate
    Deon Butler
    Zach Miller

As you can see, our division's teams have a TON of talent out wide. The ***** are absolutely stacked, no WR they have is a top WR in the NFL, but all can chip in and do some damage. Same as the Seahawks, absolute killer depth at the position. The Cards got Fitz (top 3 in NFL) and Floyd to pair with him.

We needed to be able to lock down teams, and with Cortland Finnegan, Trumaine Johnson, Janoris Jenkins, Bradley Fletcher, Jerome Murphy, Darian Stewart, and Quintin Mikell I think we can do it effectively. Not to mention the fact that we will also have a ferocious pass rush with Robert Quinn, Kendall Langford, Michael Brockers, and Chris Long. D-line helping out the secondary, and secondary helping out the d-line. I love it.

Bold Prediction: Rams have a Top 10 Defense next year.
    xkidflowx likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

xkidflowx is offline Registered User

i agree we do and will have a top 10 defense.. we aggressively upgraded the secondary.. our D line is set.. now just need to address Saftey/OLB.. and need Oline.. maybe another WR? I'm thinking tommy streeter!! or Dwight Jones as a huge huge sleeper

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Amazingly, they're all the perfect choice! Seriously, though, here are a few of my thoughts...

Brockers passes the eyeball test. Thick frame, massive arms, LSU jersey. He might not be that fast, but his power rush is like Goro playing whack-a-mole.

Mr. Quick looks great on tape, but those are Div. I-AA (or technically FCS) opponents he's juking. At 6'3", 220 lbs, and uncommon jumping ability, he'll be a physical mismatch if not a burner.

With Jenkins and Johnson, we probably landed two of the top five cornerback talents in the draft, but both have had off-field issues including getting tased by the police for resisting arrest. The addition to these two along with Finnegan should give us a very talented and physical secondary as long as these guys can stay out of trouble.

Pead is arguably the only player we drafted who isn't considered raw (Brockers), doesn't have major behavioral red flags (Jenkins and Johnson), and didn't play in a weak conference (Quick and Johnson). I agree that he's a good choice as a change of pace back, though. Time will tell whether he could hold up as a feature back, but he fills a real need.
    shower beers likes this.

Now the analysis is completed!
    ramsbruce likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Sorry guy im still not sold on the Brian Quick pick...

The analysis says he is great in traffic but watching this and other videos it always seems like he made catches in space except that 1 TD grab wen he got hit. Also he took advantage of plenty of poor tackling look at the competition he broke so many arm tackles. And as far has his hands go he had a couple easy catches look harder by juggling it.

I dont mean to nit-pick but he is coming to a team that has average receivers and no top receiver and is very raw; through the videos i did not see him run many routes and that really scares me

Il give it to him though he always has a good idea where the ball is and can track it down deep.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

When will they announce jersey numbers? I want a Trumaine Johnson Jersey. The guy played the 2009 season with a broken bone in his forearm. He's going to be a great player IMO.

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Sorry guy im still not sold on the Brian Quick pick...

The analysis says he is great in traffic but watching this and other videos it always seems like he made catches in space except that 1 TD grab wen he got hit. Also he took advantage of plenty of poor tackling look at the competition he broke so many arm tackles. And as far has his hands go he had a couple easy catches look harder by juggling it.

I dont mean to nit-pick but he is coming to a team that has average receivers and no top receiver and is very raw; through the videos i did not see him run many routes and that really scares me

Il give it to him though he always has a good idea where the ball is and can track it down deep.
    Come on man the video is 3:15 long. You can't judge him solely on these short youtube highlight videos.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Come on man the video is 3:15 long. You can't judge him solely on these short youtube highlight videos.
    Itz not just that We need an immediate starter on the outside...Quick was the #33 pick which is normally a pick for an immediate starter

But his level of competition concerns me; will he be ready to start week 1 on the outside...Or are we going to have to go through another few weeks of watching our WRs struggle to get separation then Bradford being sacked

The fact that Quick is so raw puts more pressure on steve smith to get off to a great start for us