Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Rams 2012 Opponents

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Rams 2012 Opponents

With the 2011 NFL season complete, the Rams and every team in the NFL now knows which opponents it will face in the 2012 season.
    The actual date and times of the games will be released with the full schedule sometime around the NFL Draft. But for now, here’s a quick glance at the Rams’ 2012 opponents.

Home and Away:
    Arizona – The Rams dropped both meetings with the Cardinals in 2011 in a pair of closely-contested games. Arizona finished the season 8-8 after John Skelton took over at quarterback and led them to seven wins in its final nine games.
    San Francisco – The Niners bounced back in a big way in 2011, winning the NFC West Division title going away with a 13-3 record led by a stingy defense and a power running game.
    Seattle – Like Arizona, the Seahawks finished the season on a roll, winning five of six before dropping their final two games to finish 7-9. Seattle also boasts a stout defense and a power running game and figures to be back in the mix for the division in 2012.

Home:

Green Bay
    – The Packers remain the standard for all franchises in the league as they look to defend their Super Bowl championship this month. The Rams stood toe to toe with Green Bay in 2011 in Lambeau with their best offensive output of the season in terms of yards.
    Minnesota – The Vikings went through some growing pains in 2011, falling to 3-13 under first year coach Leslie Frazier. But they still boast two of the league’s elite players in running back Adrian Peterson and end Jared Allen.
    Washington – The team the Rams seem to play every year will come to the Edward Jones Dome for a third consecutive year after the teams split their past two meetings. Washington, which finished 5-11 in 2011, has one of the league’s best up and coming defenses led by coordinator Jim Haslett.
    New England – The Patriots haven’t been to St. Louis since 2004 when they came to the Edward Jones Dome and got a victory. New England is still one of the standard bearers in the league after going 13-3 in 2011 and will again likely be led by quarterback Tom Brady and coach Bill Belichick.
    New York Jets – The Jets haven’t played in St. Louis since the regular season finale in 2004, a game the Rams won to earn their last trip to the playoffs. With confident coach Rex Ryan leading the way, St. Louis fans will get their first up close look at Revis Island.

Away:

Chicago – The Rams will see former coordinator Lovie Smith and Co. at Soldier Field for the second time in the past four years as the Bears look to bounce back from an 8-8 finish after starting 7-3 and heading toward the postseason before key injuries to quarterback Jay Cutler and running back Matt Forte.
    Detroit – The Rams travel to face the Lions for the second time in the past three seasons and third in the past four. Detroit emerged as one of the league’s best young teams in 2011 and figure to be tough again behind the fireworks provided by quarterback Matthew Stafford and receiver Calvin Johnson.
    Tampa Bay – A 10-game losing streak ended the Bucs’ 2011 season on a sour note and they’ll look to recover from a 4-12 year in which they dealt with nearly as many devastating injuries as the Rams.
    Buffalo – The Rams travel to Buffalo for the first time since 2004 and will likely see old friend Ryan Fitzpatrick steering the ship at quarterback. The Bills were the feel good story of the early part of the 2011 season but tailed off and finished 6-10.
    Miami – The Dolphins got off to a horrific 0-7 start but recovered to go 6-3 down the stretch on the way to a 6-10 record in 2011. In the process, they got running back Reggie Bush up to speed and, like the Rams, will be breaking in a new head coach in 2011.

Much softer schedule than last seasons. I like how next year is shaping up already
    Last edited by FestusRam; -01-15-2012 at 05:28 PM.

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Rams 2012 Opponents

Hopefully the schedule lets us ease into the season with a few winnable ones early. Looking forward to the Jets & Green Bay games.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

I don't know if I'd call that *much* easier. Honestly, maybe it's just the season, but I still don't see many wins in that schedule.

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    I don't know if I'd call that *much* easier. Honestly, maybe it's just the season, but I still don't see many wins in that schedule.
    I think we all got a little of that "Battered Fan Syndrome"

after week 2 of next season, we can determine where we stand, i put my beer goggles on and saw 9 wins.

I want to see this offseason before I make any real predictions. If we don't change how we operate though, 9 wins will be a pipe dream.

If we get what we think we'll get, then maybe 9 wins happens.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

RuffRams is offline Registered User

Agreed, just because we got Jeff Fisher its not time to make predictions on how many wins we will get. We gotta go through free agency and draft before I make any kind of 1st prediction

mh-i is offline Registered User

6-7 wins, plus or minus 2.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Another brutal schedule if you ask me. Jeez.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

Def a better schedule than last year for sure looks promising as far as opponents go.Nowhere near as grueling as last year

Ban Hammer is offline Registered User

It's a better schedule than 2011--that's for sure.

On a side note, I'm thinking about finally picking up season tickets, and this home schedule isn't hurting matters at all.

BlueTalon is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mh-i View Post
    6-7 wins, plus or minus 2.
    So you are saying the Rams will end the season with anything from a 4-12 record to 9-7?

That's putting yourself out there!

jackson3909 likes this.

SLSG is offline Registered User

Games that don't scare me:

Home games
    Seattle
    Arizona
    Vikes
    Skins
    Jets

Away
    crickets

Man that Crickets team really sucks. Their coach is constantly making noise.

I know.
    lostsoul likes this.

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Another brutal schedule if you ask me. Jeez.
    Yeah honestly that's what I see. SF twice, Packers, Patriots, Lions, and Bears with Cutler back. Hopefully we turn it around and pray the teams I just listed are not the first half of our schedule.

THOLTFAN81 is online now Registered User

I see two out of division VERY intriguing story lines on our schedule and they both will be Vs. AFC East teams.

Brian Schottenheimer leading an offense vs the Jets, the team and fan base that according to them, is the reason for world hunger.

And Jeff Fisher leading the Rams vs the Dolphins, the team he spurned to become HC of the Rams.

Out of the division games, these will be two that I will be checking for immediately on the schedule.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast