Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Rams 2013 Regular Season Schedule

Truth is offline Registered User

Re: Rams 2013 Regular Season Schedule

I'll wait to see how the draft goes. We've got some serious holes to fill, especially on offense. If we can fill our need at WR with a legit threat, and get our defensive backfield in order, I can see a 9-7 or 10-6 season. If not, more likely 6-10. :-/

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

I think most of us are saying the same thing. Barring no significant injuries I see a 10-6 season, 8-8 at worst. I don't see us winning the division because the ***** have a crazy dominant offense. It will go down to the wire and I see it as a 3 way race again this season.
    live4ramin likes this.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

i hope whiners fall apart. aside from that lets see what happens after draft.
    DE_Ramfan likes this.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User
    I'm glad to start against the Cardinals, without Daryl Washington and, presumably, starting rookies on the O line should make for a very winnable match up.

Bing69 is offline Registered User

Week 1: Cardinals - Win
    Week 2: At Falcons - Lose
    Week 3: At Cowboys - Win
    Week 4: ***** - Win
    Week 5: Jaguars - Win
    Week 6: At Texans - Lose
    Week 7: At Panthers - Win
    Week 8: Seahawks - Win
    Week 9: Titans - Win
    Week 10: At Colts - Win
    Week 11: Bears -Win
    Week 12: At ***** - Lose
    Week 13: At Cardinals - Win
    Week 14: Saints - Win
    Week 15: Buccaneers - Win
    Week 16: At Seahawks - Lose

I feel that we are capable of a 12-4 record. Obviously its an early guesswork, but if we continue improving like last year, we will give anybody a game, it all depends how the offense adjusts without Amendola, Gibson and Jackson.

I cant decide on the Colts game, definitely a hard one to call, and should be a good game to watch.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

New season, new schedule, new team.

At this point of the season one can never really tell what is going to happen. A 2012 world beater may be crap in 2013. A 2012 doormat may be playoff bound in 2013. I fell pretty certain last year there were 16 games that other teams had pegged as wins against the Rams. Eight of them were wrong.
    MauiRam likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post

At this point of the season one can never really tell what is going to happen. A 2012 world beater may be crap in 2013. A 2012 doormat may be playoff bound in 2013. I fell pretty certain last year there were 16 games that other teams had pegged as wins against the Rams. Eight of them were wrong.

No question. Things never shake out the way they're expected to- there are always some teams that don't meet expectations and some who surprise. And the X factor is always an injury/injuries to a critical player/s. Predictions are fun but ultimately don't mean anything.
    live4ramin likes this.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

I don't think there's much to say about the match-ups or overall strength of schedule at this early point, either, but the logistics/structure is interesting.

I believe the bye comes in Week 11 which is pretty late, almost smacks of punishment for backing out of that stupid London home game BS. No 3 game road trips or homestands.Three pairs of road games, though, and the first two pairs come relatively early.

Count me among those absolutely freakin' sick of this Hag season-ending road game. In truth, I hate having 3 of the final 5 on the road and all 3 of them NFCW.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Although this schedule seems like a challenge, I won't be too worried this time since Fisher knows what he's doing and always keeps the team competitive. The Whiners, Shesquawks, Texans, Falcons, Saints, and Cowboys will be tough but I'm glad I know that there'll almost always be a competitive game all 4 quarters.
    Canadian Rams Fan likes this.

Sauceman is online now Registered User

Week 1: Cardinals - W
    Week 2: At Falcons - L
    Week 3: At Cowboys - W
    Week 4: ***** - 8:25 L
    Week 5: Jaguars - W
    Week 6: At Texans - L
    Week 7: At Panthers - W
    Week 8: Seahawks - 8:40 W
    Week 9: Titans - W
    Week 10: At Colts - W
    Week 11: Bears - W
    Week 12: At ***** - L
    Week 13: At Cardinals - W
    Week 14: Saints - W
    Week 15: Buccaneers - W
    Week 16: At Seahawks - L

I can see us being 11-5 as a "base-line". However, with the way the NFL usually plays out, along with the fact that this team is still fairly young, I'm going to make the following "prediction":

Of the games I have as wins, we will lose 2-4 of them. This is just due to teams playing better than expected or the Rams "looking past" an opponent. Even the best teams do it.

Of the games I have as losses, we will win at least 1 of them. Very similar reasons as above, in addition to the fact that the Rams, when playing on fire, have the *potential* to beat any team in the league.

Figuring out which ones is hard to do, but I feel like this is a fair baseline to go from. Expected season outlook: Between 8-8 and 10-6.

JPPT1974 is offline Registered User

Two night games is indeed an improvement!
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.
    Autumn Winds!

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

This schedule will definitely show us how good we really are.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

I think 10-11 wins is very doable, however as many have already stated in their posts to make a "prediction" at this stage is just not worth it.

I did love watching the NFLN coverage and seeing them work on the Seahawks prediction and gave them a win Week 17 without even analyzing the decision... as if the Seahawks just walked all over us last year and it should be an automatic win HA.

I cannot wait to start proving people wrong.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post

Exactly! I am not going to make any predictions as to our record or others for that matter. What I think we can and will build on is further refining of the systems implemented on both sides of the ball, and building on the physical style of play that became a Ram trademark last season. I remember reading a 49er player's comment that the Rams were the "most physical" team they had played during the 2012 season.

As far as when we play the Seahags, I don't really care. If we are a good enough team, we'll beat them on the days that we play. If not - well ... Same goes for the Whiners, and Atlanta and so on.

After we won the Super Bowl I can remember expecting (with conviction) to win against everyone we lined up against in 2000 through 2003. We were a dangerous team back then. That said, this is a new team, new system, new coaches, etc. I believe we will see an improved product on the field compared to last year's. The only thing that can derail us is injuries, but at least we've a savvy coach who is renowned for doing as much as is possible to keep his players fresh - particularly his veterans.

This is going to be a very interesting draft, as once the selections start accumulating, the smoke and mirrors will fade away. We will transition from speculation (as to Fish/Snead's true desires) to reality. We had a good draft last year, and I absolutely expect we will have another this year. To make the playoffs you've got to be able to beat good teams - period. I see no point in worrying about our schedule.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Good post Maui.

If you build it, it will come.
    Kiss my ass, football gods

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast