Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Rams 2nd pick valuable?

rob6465 is offline Registered User

Rams 2nd pick valuable?

If Rams get that #2 pick,that pick might be very valuable to other teams, especially with Griffin winning heisman and teams needing QB's

mh-i is offline Registered User

Re: Rams 2nd pick valuable?

I believe the Rams will attempt to trade that pick into either multiple picks or a trade for a player. They have multiple holes to fill and potentially overpaying for another savior isn't the thing to do at this point for the Rams.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

The problem is that we talk about trading down every year, and every year it doesn't happen. Hopefully they make the right decision this yaer.

Rambos is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    The problem is that we talk about trading down every year, and every year it doesn't happen. Hopefully they make the right decision this yaer.
    Now that the rookie cap is in play we may see more teams trading up.

LARAM is offline Registered User

I wouldn't mind trading back a few picks, snatch up Morris Claiborne CB, LSU, Get an extra pick or two and
    then target all of Alabamas secondary. My god after 9 CB going down, Jeez we could use some help back there.

That would be a sick secondary in a couple years if it could happen....LOL

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

I think some of these teams that have played themselves out of the "Suck for Luck" sweepstakes will be offering up picks to get one of the other good QBs in the draft. However, I'd be hesitant to trade down too far and if Blackmon or Kalil are as good as everyone thinks they are then they may be too hard to pass up.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

If Barkley and RG3 come out, there may be some legitimate trading possibilities in the Top Ten. It would take a fortune for anyone to coax Indy out of the top spot for Andrew Luck, and teams may not think it's worth spending that fortune when they could spend less and get Barkley/RG3 instead. Right now, the three teams after Indy don't need a quarterback and could all work the phone for a team looking to leapfrog Washington. Having said that, RockinRam is absolutely right in that fans near the top always talk about their team looking to trade down and it rarely happens. Maybe the new rookie wage scale changes that, we'll have to see.

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

OK I will play....

The so call demand for a QB is much more slimmer than most realize.

Colts-- looks like they will go with Luck. If so, does Peyton stay or go?

Miami-- They have found a quality QB in Moore will they invest heavy into getting a QB this year or take the best avl?

Washington-- Rumor mill already has Peyton or Brees going to Washington? This would probably be the best chance for the Rams to trade down if the skins are willing to dance...

Now correct me if I am wrong but all the other teams have quality QB's on the roster or have young QB's they are developing. The only other teams I could see taking a stab at a QB are in our division... Seattle or San Francisco and they do not seem very eager could be wrong.

GO Rams

rob6465 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DE_Ramfan View Post
    I think some of these teams that have played themselves out of the "Suck for Luck" sweepstakes will be offering up picks to get one of the other good QBs in the draft. However, I'd be hesitant to trade down too far and if Blackmon or Kalil are as good as everyone thinks they are then they may be too hard to pass up.
    I thought Kalil is going back?

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS View Post
    OK I will play....

The so call demand for a QB is much more slimmer than most realize.

Colts-- looks like they will go with Luck. If so, does Peyton stay or go?

Miami-- They have found a quality QB in Moore will they invest heavy into getting a QB this year or take the best avl?

Washington-- Rumor mill already has Peyton or Brees going to Washington? This would probably be the best chance for the Rams to trade down if the skins are willing to dance...

Now correct me if I am wrong but all the other teams have quality QB's on the roster or have young QB's they are developing. The only other teams I could see taking a stab at a QB are in our division... Seattle or San Francisco and they do not seem very eager could be wrong.

GO Rams
    Matt Moore a quality QB? You're joking, right? Washingon getting Brees? Right, because the Saints would be smart enough to let Brees walk. The Deadskins may trade for Peyton if the Colts draft Luck. But how much would that cost? A TON.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Saints would be smart enough to let Brees walk.
    As crazy as this sounds on the DP show Dan mentioned that the Manning's have a lot of pull. Archie played there as we all know and lives there. Lets not forget that Eli Manning was drafted by the Chargers but did not want to play there... I know it sounds nuts but Dan was making it sound like there are whispers that Drew's contract extension is already stalling.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Dan Patrick is high if he think's New Orleans would trade Brees and then think Peyton is going to new Orleans. Who comes up with this nonsense?

Khalil supposedly is staying in school.

And if there's a guy you think is hands down a franchise player/ game breaker at 2 or 3- wherever the hell we pick- take him. Forget trading down. Just two more picks we can **** up later in the round.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Dan Patrick is high if he think's New Orleans would trade Brees and then think Peyton is going to new Orleans. Who comes up with this nonsense?

And if there's a guy you think is hands down a franchise player/ game breaker at 2 or 3- wherever the hell we pick- take him. Forget trading down. Just two more picks we can **** up later in the round.
    Yeah I agree on the Peyton to New Orleans, well see.

I was thinking the same thing about the Rams with more picks, I have no faith in them when it comes to drafting players. In fact they should package rounds 4-7 and move up in the draft, that way it will be less painful.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post

Yeah I agree on the Peyton to New Orleans, well see.

I was thinking the same thing about the Rams with more picks, I have no faith in them when it comes to drafting players. In fact they should package rounds 4-7 and move up in the draft, that way it will be less painful.

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Matt Moore a quality QB? You're joking, right? Washingon getting Brees? Right, because the Saints would be smart enough to let Brees walk. The Deadskins may trade for Peyton if the Colts draft Luck. But how much would that cost? A TON.

Matt Moore
    --------------------CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG TD LNG INT FUM RAT
    2011 Regular Season 151 244 1,769 61.9 7.25 9 46 5 6 87.6

Not great but good enough for 3 wins in last 5 games.....

As far as the Manning and Brees I stated it was rumored I am not by any means saying it will happen but DC metro radio feel that Brees or Manning will be available next year and will be wearing the burgandy and gold...
    Last edited by CRAZYHORNS; -12-12-2011 at 02:18 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast