Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Rams 2nd pick valuable?

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Re: Rams 2nd pick valuable?

~The Dolphins management have already stated that they want to invest in a franchise QB. They could care less about Matt Moore. If anything, he'll be used as trade bait. That is why they did not trade for Kyle Orton. They are going to draft a franchise QB this year.

~Brees will be in New Orleans for a long time.

~Redskins will pick up Barkley or Landry Jones. Shanahan likes players of that type of mold.

~If Luck goes to Indy, I actually have no solid hypothesis of what might happen.

~If we are in fact trading down, I do not want to go outside the top 10. We need playmakers.

chiguy is offline Registered User

I don't know about whether we should trade down, but we need a lot more picks than we have. We're 2-10 and have one of the oldest rosters in NFL. We need to load up on young talent. (And some speed wouldn't hurt.) The more picks you have, the most risk you can take and the deeper a roster you can put together. New England has used this strategy pretty well.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS View Post
    Matt Moore
    --------------------CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG TD LNG INT FUM RAT
    2011 Regular Season 151 244 1,769 61.9 7.25 9 46 5 6 87.6

Not great but good enough for 3 wins in last 5 games.....

As far as the Manning and Brees I stated it was rumored I am not by any means saying it will happen but DC metro radio feel that Brees or Manning will be available next year and will be wearing the burgandy and gold...
    And thats why their working radio... Its either NFLN or no-one. Most analysts are complete morons, my case here.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Ironmaidenram is offline Registered User

We need BLACKMON. Looking forward to Bradford going DEEP to BLACKMON!!!! TOUCHDOWN RAMS!!!!!!!

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmaidenram View Post
    We need BLACKMON. Looking forward to Bradford going DEEP to BLACKMON!!!! TOUCHDOWN RAMS!!!!!!!
    I am sorry to bring you back to reality, but that aint happenin' unless he can run a 2 second 40, and Bradford can throw 40 yards on a 2 step drop. Of course a whole ne OL might also make it possible. For the RAMS they both are as equally likely to happen.

gap
    Rambos likes this.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS View Post
    OK I will play....

The so call demand for a QB is much more slimmer than most realize.
    After last night's game, the top of the draft order looks like this...

1. Indianapolis Colts (0-13)
    2. Minnesota Vikings (2-11)
    3. St. Louis Rams (2-10)
    4. Washington Redskins (4-9)
    5. Jacksonville Jaguars (4-9)
    6. Carolina Panthers (4-9)
    7. Miami Dolphins (4-9)
    8. Cleveland Browns (4-9)
    9. Tampa Bay Bucs (4-9)
    10. Philadelphia Eagles (5-8)

I think you could make a case that Indy, Washington, Miami, Cleveland, and Philadelphia could all consider quarterbacks. Not to mention teams like Buffalo, Kansas City, and Seattle, who are the three teams right outside the top ten and could be looking to move up.

Quarterbacks are the hottest of all commodities in the NFL. Teams that don't have one are always looking for one, and they're not going to pass one up for the likes of a Matt Moore. Four quarterbacks went in the top twelve last year, and if Luck/Barkley/RG3 are all available, I'll be surprised if they make it out of the top ten.

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    After last night's game, the top of the draft order looks like this...

I think you could make a case that Indy, Washington, Miami, Cleveland, and Philadelphia could all consider quarterbacks. Not to mention teams like Buffalo, Kansas City, and Seattle, who are the three teams right outside the top ten and could be looking to move up.

Quarterbacks are the hottest of all commodities in the NFL. Teams that don't have one are always looking for one, and they're not going to pass one up for the likes of a Matt Moore. Four quarterbacks went in the top twelve last year, and if Luck/Barkley/RG3 are all available, I'll be surprised if they make it out of the top ten.
    So I guess that since QB's are hot we can expect 4 QB's in top twelve is the new norm. Not sure that will happen again this decade... Then again I never thought the Eagles would trade McNaab to the Redskins....

Miami will not have to pass up on one at the 7 spot. They will have a shot at a top 3 QB. Eagles just paid Vick do no think mgmt will want to send a message that they made a mistake that soon. Heads could roll. Not sure Browns are ready to give up on McCoy. Miami and the Skins are left. I guess we will have to see what happens to Manning and Brees to find out if one of them will make a move.....

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    If Barkley and RG3 come out, there may be some legitimate trading possibilities in the Top Ten. It would take a fortune for anyone to coax Indy out of the top spot for Andrew Luck, and teams may not think it's worth spending that fortune when they could spend less and get Barkley/RG3 instead. Right now, the three teams after Indy don't need a quarterback and could all work the phone for a team looking to leapfrog Washington. Having said that, RockinRam is absolutely right in that fans near the top always talk about their team looking to trade down and it rarely happens. Maybe the new rookie wage scale changes that, we'll have to see.
    Well, one thing we know is, Pete Carroll is enamored with Matt Barkley and probably not sold on Tevaris Jackson. So there's a possibility there, provided Matt enters the draft.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12