Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Varg6 is offline Registered User

Rams, 3 Draft Picks Come To Terms!

Rams, 3 Draft Picks Come To Terms
    Monday, July 24, 2006

The Rams have agreed to three-year contracts with a trio of players from the 2006 Draft class, DE Victor Adeyanju, LB Tim McGarigle, and G Tony Palmer. Adeyanju (pronounced ah-DAY-on-joo), from Indiana, was the Rams' fourth-round draft choice (113th overall) in this year's draft. McGarigle from Northwestern (221st overall) and Palmer from Missouri(243rd overall) were the Rams' first and third picks in the seventh round, respectively.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Re: Rams, 3 Draft Picks Come To Terms!

Yes!! More people get signed!! I wonder if we still have enough money to sign the first day draft picks

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Enough money??? Do you understand how the rookie pool works?

We had well over 5 million going into these signings. There is plenty of money for the young ones. Most of what is holding things up is the fine print in contracts and what they get up front, length and what they actually have to earn. There really isn't a whole lot of negotiating to be honest, they just all want to be paid on the same level as the guy drafted in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan4ever
    Yes!! More people get signed!! I wonder if we still have enough money to sign the first day draft picks

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    Enough money??? Do you understand how the rookie pool works?

We had well over 5 million going into these signings. There is plenty of money for the young ones. Most of what is holding things up is the fine print in contracts and what they get up front, length and what they actually have to earn. There really isn't a whole lot of negotiating to be honest, they just all want to be paid on the same level as the guy drafted in front of them.
    Unless, of course, you are Reggie Bush. Can you believe that this guy has threatened to sit out if he isn't paid some astronomical amount??

BACK ON TOPIC: Great news!! Let's get them all signed and have no holdouts...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

I like Missouri and really hope that Palmer works out for us. We need an influx of youth on the Oline. I just hope Tye Hill gets signed this week.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce=GOAT
    I like Missouri and really hope that Palmer works out for us. We need an influx of youth on the Oline. I just hope Tye Hill gets signed this week.
    I want our TE's and Tye getting signed before camp, everyone else, it still sucks, but I think the TE's and Tye are needed the most for training camp (at the start of camp..)

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

It's not an issue of enough money. It's an issue of space under the rookie pool.

Furthermore, why would the front office sign the late picks if it meant that we couldn't get the first day guys under contract? Obviously they'll be able to do it, or else they wouldn't have signed these guys first.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

I'm very happy to hear we have started getting them signed , The 1st three i really like as well , Watch out for Adeyanju I think he's going to be great !!!

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Let's hope they all get in here quick. I don't know how much it'll help, but under the new CBA, fines for holding out have nearly tripled ($14,000/day up from $5,000/day). That translates into about a hundred grand a week, and given the constraints of the rookie pool, it wouldn't take long before they'd lose more than they could possibly hope to gain through negotiations.

Here's the link to the article I got that from in case you were wondering:
    http: //www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/07/23/receiver_is_getting_jammed/

tanus is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece
    Let's hope they all get in here quick. I don't know how much it'll help, but under the new CBA, fines for holding out have nearly tripled ($14,000/day up from $5,000/day). That translates into about a hundred grand a week, and given the constraints of the rookie pool, it wouldn't take long before they'd lose more than they could possibly hope to gain through negotiations.

Here's the link to the article I got that from in case you were wondering:
    http: //www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/07/23/receiver_is_getting_jammed/
    this has nothing to do with rookies as they are not under contract.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Great news! Now get our higher round picks in camp too! It shouldn't be too hard, lots of picks taken in similar spots have been signed by other teams - there should be a good idea of the numbers by now.

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Im confused with all this rookie pool space.... :confused:

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

I'm really excited now that we have gotten some of our players signed. The first one to get to sign in the hardest one. From there u can base other rookies salaries on position, and round drafted. This can only be a good sign that Hill and the rest of our draftees are going to be in camp on time. Plus 14k a day for not showing up to camp doesn't hurt either.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Actually that was my mistake. I think tanus is right. You can only be fined if you're currently under contract. So we probably won't see as many veterans holding out, but it won't affect the rookies.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Im confused with all this rookie pool space.... :confused:
    The business side of the NFL is just about as confusing as it gets, that's for sure, RF4e.

In this case, think of the total salary cap as, say $9Mil. And a rookie cap of $5Mil. Our rookies have to fit under the $5 Mil regardless of the rest of the money we have available. FA's, like Grady Jackson, Dwight Smith, or whoever else is out there can be signed as long as they stay within the total $9mil.

But at this point, the rookies are priority #1, so the rest of the cap is not a concern right now......it's all about fitting those 10 picks within the $5mil for this year.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast