Thread: Rams 4-12???

StLouisSam is offline Registered User

Rams 4-12???

I was hoping for 8-8 this year. I like this site, but I disagree with their season preview.

1. Orlando Pace will be fine.
    2. Leonard Little will bounce back.
    3. O.J. Atogwe does not suck!!!

WalterFootball.com: 2008 Offseason Page - St. Louis Rams - Team Needs, Season Preview, Free Agents, Salary Cap

chipperjones is offline Registered User

Re: Rams 4-12???

First off, why do you like this site?

He dosent know anything about Randy McMichael? "He hasnt missed a game, but thats about the only good thing I can say about him." Hes an idiot.

"Atogwe was able to accumulate so many picks because opposing quarterbacks felt comfortable throwing his way." That makes no since. If someone has a lot of interceptions why would you feel comfortable throwing his way?

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

I used this site for Draft previews but after reading this guy's stuff on the rams i soon realised that he didn't know a hell about nfl teams. Just ignore it, that's how i get by it.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

4-12 and history to repeat itself? gulp! Stuff like this makes me want to abandon TV altogether during football season!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I like this site, but I disagree with their season preview.
    During draft season, Walter is fun to look at, simply because there are 3 or 4 different mocks to watch, usually multiple rounds, and even a "next year" mock or two. But the guy's opinions on various teams is running about twice as fast as his grip on reality.

Don't give it a second thought.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

PossumBoy9 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by StLouisSam View Post
    I was hoping for 8-8 this year. I like this site, but I disagree with their season preview.

1. Orlando Pace will be fine.
    2. Leonard Little will bounce back.
    Those aren't givens.

slammin_ram is offline Registered User

This years team is not the 2007 version. This 2008 team should be evaluated on it's own merit, if they stay healthy they could be much better than anyone believes, remember 2000!

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

If we stay healthy, I'd be dissappointed if we don't finish at least 9-7. So I'm certainly not buying into the theories of all the doubters of the world.

Ramer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    If we stay healthy, I'd be dissappointed if we don't finish at least 9-7. So I'm certainly not buying into the theories of all the doubters of the world.
    I agree, if we stay healthy, I think we will have a winning season. The first half of the season is going to be our big test. If we can go 4-4, I can see us in the playoffs.

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

I agree with a couple others here who said that the author of that site really doesn't know a lot about the teams he covers. You can tell he always has a superficial knowledge at best of the players. He also loves to speculate about stuff that he would have no way of knowing.

I remember during the draft he wrote "the Rams should draft Dorsey and if they don't they're total idiots." Next week he wrote "the Rams should draft Long and if they don't they're total idiots." I think there are better sites to get your information from.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

I keep looking at our roster, we have the talent to go deep in the playoffs. So unless we have injuries we are for a certainty NOT a 4-12 team.

I'm saying 10-6
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Mooselini is offline Registered User

This guy is not a legitimate source to anything except for his own personal life. Which still probably isn't too interesting seeming how he can analyze football so poorly.

I never liked this site for that reason. I read better analysis from the clan ram than there, or anywhere else.

ramdavis is offline Registered User

We better hope for cap purposes that we don't have another top 5 draft pick.I don't think we have much cap room to spare.After we sign Chris Long and hopefully Steven Jackson to long term deals it's going to be slim.I think this team might do big things if our top paid players can stay healthy and have productive seasons we'll be alright.2008 is going to be the total opposite of last year.Saunders is going to bring back a top 15 offense,and if Haslett's defense can hold we've got a shot at the playoffs.With a 4-4 start and a pretty soft second half schedule we'll be promised somewhat of a fight.In the NFC anything is possible.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

This analysis of the Ram's is one of the most asinine things I have ever read. Who is this idiot anyway? Seems he's some pimply headed teenager who has nothing better to do. No disrespect to the pimply headed teenagers on this board (I once was one), as not all pimply headed teenagers are completed equal ...

There is a reason why sports corporations like ESPN assign certain writers to certain divisions and teams around the NFL. It's because NO ONE can be up to par with every little thing that is going on in the league. It's obvious that this clown has not watched any Ram's football. Case in point ...

1. Randy McMichael is on the decline - How in the world did he come up with this? Because he only had 30 something grabs? Hard to get the touches when you are forced to become a psuedo lineman due to injuries. +5 in the CHOAD department for this clown.

2. Marc Bulger will be lucky to play in as many games as he did in 2007 - Really? I never knew that a healthy line with significantly improved depth will cause you to miss more games than playing behind a battered one. And BTW, Barron performed decently on the left side given the situation. And +5 more in the CHOAD department.

3. Drew Bennett Sucks - Proves that this writer is a hack from the beginning. What reputable writer would say something like this? Did Bennett underperform? Absolutely. Does he suck when compared against the landscape of NFL wide receivers. Not at all. +5 in the CHOAD department.

4. O.J. Atogwe only got all those interceptions because everyone threw at him - This is seriously the MOST RIDICULOUS FOOTBALL STATEMENT I have ever heard. If this were the case, then all lower tier defensive backs in the league would have a ton of picks. Maybe it's just because O.J. has the best hands in the league? I can't even talk about this one anymore. O.J. is moving into the top tier of DB's in the league this year in my opinion. Amazing that a subpar safety can come up with 75 tackles and 8 INT. And don't forget, Fakhir can't cover either. What an idiot. +15 CHOAD points here.

Man, in one article, this yayhoo garnered 30 CHOAD points! That puts him at ELITE CHOADISM levels already. Can't wait to see what he says next, or if he responds to my email. It will be available for your viewing pleasure if he does!