Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Rams 6 point underdogs vs. Bears

The Rams continue to get respect at home by the oddsmakers. Even with Rex Grossman playing poorly lately, I had Chicago figured at 10+ point favorites at least. Hopefully they know something we don't and the Rams are ready to roll on MNF.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Re: Rams 6 point underdogs vs. Bears

The Rams continue to get respect at home by the oddsmakers. Even with Rex Grossman playing poorly lately, I had Chicago figured at 10+ point favorites at least. Hopefully they know something we don't and the Rams are ready to roll on MNF.
    Actually, I believe that oddsmakers usually allow 3 points for home-field, so, we are 9-1/2 point dogs. in reality. ...I think.

However, the Bears are so bad offensively, (this team is NOT going to the Superbowl, not with Rex at QB) that this could be a better game than many think. Add to the fact that Bulger went off on some of the teammates, this could be a game where the Rams surprise us and really play well, or.....

...they get totally embarrassed on national tv. It depends on how the guys Bulger was talking about respond. Personally, I would be surprised if they didn't have a repeat performance of the Broncos game. This is the Rams. They stink when you expect them to win, and they play well when you don't expect it. I'm actually anxious to see how the guys respond to Bulger's tirade. Before he went off, I wasn't sure I was going to watch another game this year, I was that pissed off. But now, I want to see how some of the guys play, and what Linehan does if they continue to screw up.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

BigGameMN Guest

This is the most anticipated game of the season by me your humble poster. This is a home game on MNF where all the Ram's peers will be watching and the players JUST got called out by their QB. They better come out with some fire, or it will show just how much they don't care. Not caring that your QB called you out, not caring that this is a primetime game where the whole country will be watching to see what your going to do.

I think our guys will respond well, and the oddsmakers are taking that into account.
    Last edited by BigGameMN; -12-06-2006 at 02:37 AM.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BigGameMN View Post
    This is the most anticipated game of the season by me your humble poster. This is a home game on MNF where all the Ram's peers will be watching and the players JUST got called out by their QB. They better come out with some fire, or it will show just how much they don't care. Not caring that your QB called you out, not caring that this is a primetime game where the whole country will be watching to see what your going to do.

I think our guys will respond well, and the oddsmakers are taking that into account.
    I hope you're right. You'd think if anything, the QB calling out would spark up everyone, but you never know with the Rams...I'd love for this game to be a big spark for the D if they get a few ints from Grossman, maybe it'll make them feel better on the field, and get some confidence...who the heck knows what this D and o-line need...but I'm praying it was Bulger's calling out (even though it wasn't for the defense...)

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

It's Monday Night Football.....The stage belongs to the Rams and Bears. The spot light is on the Rams for the 1st time this season. The whole world and their peers will be watching.....there are no excuses for not being fired up!!!
    This is their time to show off if you will.

:r :l :r :l