QuinnMan is offline Registered User

Rams Activate Quinn

By Howard Balzer

Thursday's practice for the Rams was important for more than the fact the players that had signed contracts in the last week could now practice. It also marked the official first day of practice for rookie defensive end Robert Quinn.

The first-round pick had reported on Saturday with an injured knee, and was kept out of practice. The Rams designated him active/non-football injury, which is just a fancy way to say he failed his physical.

He passed Thursday, the NFI designation was lifted.

In his first day, Quinn participated in individual drills, but did no team work.

Said coach Steve Spagnuolo, "We didn't have him banging around, but slowly working him back in. He did some of the walkthrough portions of practice and to be honest with you, I was fairly impressed with what he had picked up mentally. I know he has a long way to go but it was a good start."

Roster Move

In addition to waiving running back Chauncey Washington Thursday, the Rams also signed kicker Todd Carter. A rookie free agent with Carolina in 2010, Carter was placed on injured reserve at the final cut because of a back injury, and was released from injured reserve Sept. 21 when he was healthy.

thoey is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Activate Quinn

Signed a kicker? Camp leg?
    This space for rent...

Ramendola16 is offline Registered User

According to some reports on Twitter, Quinn is blowing past Saffold in the 11-on-11 drills. This bodes will for our defense.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramendola16 View Post
    According to some reports on Twitter, Quinn is blowing past Saffold in the 11-on-11 drills. This bodes will for our defense.
    Thats saying alot saffold doesnt give in easily

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramendola16 View Post
    Or does it bode poorly for our quarterback when a rookie DE who hasn't played in a year and some, coming off a foot injury, blows past out LT? I hope it's that Quinn is good and not that Saffold is struggling.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Saffold has been beast mode in camp so let's not freak out that Saffold is off. Quinn just has been impressive in his first day.

I love how when the offense makes a play fans go" Our DEFENSE SUX!" Then when the defense is shutting down the offense fans say "We NEED A NUMBER 1 and a new offense!"

Can't win...

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    Saffold has been beast mode in camp so let's not freak out that Saffold is off. Quinn just has been impressive in his first day.

I love how when the offense makes a play fans go" Our DEFENSE SUX!" Then when the defense is shutting down the offense fans say "We NEED A NUMBER 1 and a new offense!"

Can't win...
    I don't think I said that. I just said I hope it's that Quinn is good and not that Saffold is struggling. However if your rookie DE who hasn't played for a year is schooling your starting LT, then yes, I think it is legitimate to at least wonder if Saffold is struggling. However, it's early in camp, and I never made any implication that Saffold sucked or wouldn't be ready or needed to be replaced. I think the line is solid and look forward to the Saffold/Smith combo on the ends on O and the Quinn/Long combo on D. I think our lines will be hard to beat.

Trevor is offline Registered User

So which is it? Saffold slipping up in practice or Quinn is a beast? It better be just Saffold having a bad practice day..

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    So which is it? Saffold slipping up in practice or Quinn is a beast? It better be just Saffold having a bad practice day..
    Why can't it be Quinn beasting it up

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Lol Quinn had a god day yesterday and wasn't consistently blowing past Saffold. He did it for that one play and had a few other nice plays and that was it....gawd..

Quinn has received a bit of buzz from Spags for picking up this defense faster than expected.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Everyone does realize that sometimes a DE just beats a tackle right? It doesnt mean the Tackle is bad or that the DE is good, it just means that the DE put a good move on him for that play.

SLSG is offline Registered User

Quinn is going to be more dominant than Long at pass rushing soon. I just worry about his run defense. He will probably only see passing downs most of this year.