Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    LARAM is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Add 15 Undrafted Free Agents

I really like the Kirston Pittman selection.....He was a solid player at LSU when he was healthy. If he is healthy I think he will make the team. I really think several of these undrafted players will make the team. Imagine if we could end up developing 4-5 starters out of this group of big guys. 10 of these guys are OL, DL, LB. There might be some overlooked gems in this group

I feel really good about the direction of this team.

#1fansince1964 is offline Registered User

Hi all rams fans this is my first post in here but i've been a rams fan since i was like old enough to watch football.lol looking forward for a brake out season this year. Must say i really like the looks of this years drafties.

Warner4prez is offline Registered User

Totally stoked on the Fienga pick. I acutally had the Rams drafting this guy in the 6th I believe. Really tough guy and has a nasty demeanor like Richie. I'd like to see him stick around.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

man those are some big OL guys
    the Guards look like big maulers, but i think one of the tackles could stick around too

Campbell seems to have a decent chance to be a situational rusher for us

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

I like the list, even if none of them make the team they'll be good to practice against in training camp for those who do make the roster. Normally at least one FA sticks around when it comes to the final cuts

diehard99 is offline Registered User

Sit. pass rushers - and huge guards - maybee this could be the start of something good? Notice how big these OL are - west coast stile - Bell is not our size for this new OFF. Develope 2 of these pass rushers for 3rd @ long situations - remember Clemons in '99 - slide Long inside and we might actually get a little pressure!

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

ive nothing against any of the picked up UDFA`s i wish them only the best!

however one thing that sticks out is no DT..

im presuming Wroten is gone once his suspension is up in May..so that would leave only Carriker,Ryan & Dorell Scott for the rotation...think we need 1 or 2 more from somewhere..maybe they looking at who gets cut as they probably could do with a Veteran in there and perhaps use one of the DE`s to slide inside on certain plays.
    thats what im hoping anyway but have certainly noticed the lack of a DT on that list..

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by #1fansince1964 View Post
    Hi all rams fans this is my first post in here but i've been a rams fan since i was like old enough to watch football.lol looking forward for a brake out season this year. Must say i really like the looks of this years drafties.
    Where are our manners? At any rate, welcome!!! I'm sure you will find much insight and interesting viewpoints. Wait until preseason and everybody gets back from hibernation, we are going to have a good time!

Once more welcome!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Out of these players which ones hypothetically will make it?
    We need DE's so I would assume Ian Cambell will get a chance.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Alex Barron's replacement!

Here's a (somewhat biased) abridged profile from BYU's site on a big, big OT:

David Oswald
    Offensive Line
    6-8, 330, Sr.

SENIOR - (2008): ESPN the Magazine Academic All-American ... Academic All-MWC ... earned letterman honors as a senior ... started all 13 games in 2008 at right tackle for an offensive unit that led the conference and ranked No. 6 nationally in passing per game (310.38) and No. 16 in total offense (444.77) ... part of a unit that averaged only 1.54 sacks per game ... vital part of an offensive line that helped BYU to a 55.7 third-down conversion percentage on the season (2nd in the nation).

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    ive nothing against any of the picked up UDFA`s i wish them only the best!

however one thing that sticks out is no DT..

im presuming Wroten is gone once his suspension is up in May..so that would leave only Carriker,Ryan & Dorell Scott for the rotation...think we need 1 or 2 more from somewhere..maybe they looking at who gets cut as they probably could do with a Veteran in there and perhaps use one of the DE`s to slide inside on certain plays.
    thats what im hoping anyway but have certainly noticed the lack of a DT on that list..
    There are 3 DT guys who snuck on to the roster during the off season who can probably be added to this camp-body-possible-sleeper list.

Antwon Burton,Willie Williams, and Mike Marquardt.

I suggest we list them diagonally to avoid confusion over their present position on the depth chart. LOL

Here's a brief blurb on Marquardt,AZ St 6'3",297lbs:

He started all 23 collegiate games he played in. In both his junior and senior season, he was named as an All-Pac-10 honorable mention. In his final regular-season game against the University of Arizona on December 1, 2007, the senior captain blocked a field goal attempt, recovered a fumble, and added a solo tackle. After the game, he was named the Most Valuable Player, a distinction that earned him the Ben Goo Trophy.

The student-athlete majored in urban planning. He was also a two-time First Team Pac-10 All-Academic selection and he was named to Arizona State University’s National Football Foundation Hall of Fame Scholar-Athletes

I don't even want to go down the sick & twisted road that interpreting the significance of a Ben Goo Trophy might take me but it may be worth mentioning that he was a Draddy (academic Heisman) semi-finalist in '07.

general counsel is offline Registered User

How would you like to be in the middle stall in between all of those guys while taking a crap? Talk about a group of big loads!

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    There are 3 DT guys who snuck on to the roster during the off season who can probably be added to this camp-body-possible-sleeper list.

Antwon Burton,Willie Williams, and Mike Marquardt.

I suggest we list them diagonally to avoid confusion over their present position on the depth chart. LOL

Here's a brief blurb on Marquardt,AZ St 6'3",297lbs:

He started all 23 collegiate games he played in. In both his junior and senior season, he was named as an All-Pac-10 honorable mention. In his final regular-season game against the University of Arizona on December 1, 2007, the senior captain blocked a field goal attempt, recovered a fumble, and added a solo tackle. After the game, he was named the Most Valuable Player, a distinction that earned him the Ben Goo Trophy.

The student-athlete majored in urban planning. He was also a two-time First Team Pac-10 All-Academic selection and he was named to Arizona State University’s National Football Foundation Hall of Fame Scholar-Athletes

I don't even want to go down the sick & twisted road that interpreting the significance of a Ben Goo Trophy might take me but it may be worth mentioning that he was a Draddy (academic Heisman) semi-finalist in '07.
    ah thanks for the heads up..Az!

with the exception of Willie Williams (who i had somehow forgotten even with his humorous name..) i had totally missed their signings....lol @ Ben Goo..cant say id be phoning up my mom saying i had won that such award..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12