Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Rams agree on terms with bell.

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    I have one question....or maybe it could be an observation.....

Has anyone actually seen this guy play?
    Slimdog has seen him play, and apparently so have the Rams coaches.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Well, wasn't technically referring to the Rams coaches because they don't post on here that I know of....but it's funny that when the Rams sign anyone that people come out of the woodwork and glorify the deal. Heck, I don't know if he can play. Rammiser said it best though that when you don't mention a lineman during the game he must be doing a good job.

Slimdog is offline Registered User

LOL. r8rh8rmike, yes i have. I BETTER have since he is my first cousin. I know people have questions and may think that I have some bias towards my cousin, but you'll see in the future that Jacob is the real deal. Rarely he gets penalties called against him and I mentioned earlier that he doesn't stop playing. He is always downfield hitting somebody or blocking for the runner as he is gaining yards. I'm hoping during the offseason the NFL network will show some Titans games from this past season so you Rams fans can see him in action. He made a name for himself in Tennesse and you'll see that he will be mentioned more now with this prolific offensive potential that the Rams have...

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Well, wasn't technically referring to the Rams coaches because they don't post on here that I know of....but it's funny that when the Rams sign anyone that people come out of the woodwork and glorify the deal. Heck, I don't know if he can play. Rammiser said it best though that when you don't mention a lineman during the game he must be doing a good job.
    Great points Tx. You know I was just havin' some fun with you.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Rams agree on terms with Bell.

Slim, thanks for your honest and encouraging insight on JB. BTW, Welcome to the Clan!

In my previous post here I only mentioned the fact that we were getting a "much" needed body for our OL. But after reading a little on him I now also trust Bell is a reliable/durable, good guard and that he will indeed be a boost to the front five.

I think the team did well by adding Bell to the roster. :r

He is a good addition. Of course I have been going to ESPN.com and CBSportsline to see the articles on him and the responses. Some people are asking, "Who is this guy?" and "Why did the Rams overpay on this no name?". I just ask, take the time to go back and do your homework on Jacob before any judgement is made. If you get a chance to see any games on him, watch him play. You won't be disappointed. I am trying to give as much info as I know about him without sounding biased. He will be worth every penny. He is an up and coming lineman in this league and he will be an outstanding representative of the Rams organization. Your front office did an excellent job on getting him and he wanted to be a Ram. That says alot about what he's gonna bring to the table this coming season. I am excited for him and the Ram organization as well!!!

He also has a great backing of family, friends from Ohio and elsewhere who will give him support throughout his career. I am sure you will see a bunch of us in the stands with the "Bell" jerseys on cheering away!!! I've been getting e-mails from friends who are now saying, "We are Rams fans now...". There's a BUNCH of us supporters, hope the stadium can hold all of us!!! LOL.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Love your enthusiasm Slimdog. Hope you're "unbiased" opinions are accurate for our sake. Just remember actions speak louder than words and on this site and we are not shy about voicing our opinions if a player is letting us down. Bell signed for a sizeable amount of money which has created big shoes to fill.

GO RAMS!!!:r

KCJ58 is offline Registered User

I love the Bell signing i think he's a great addition to our O-Line

moklerman is offline Registered User

I'm sorry but when articles/commentary about him start with things like "could" and "if he stays healthy", my excitement meter isn't going to spike. This isn't a bad signing but that doesn't make him any more than a starting caliber guard. He isn't a pro-bowler. He hasn't even started two full seasons in a row yet. I "hope" he can continue to play well but we're, at this point, putting him next to all drek that went out there...and has gone out there for years for the Rams.

All the Rams had to shoot for was a guy that consistantly starts and has no history of injuries and it would be a MAJOR improvement. The didn't get that in my opinion. This is another risk/reward guy. "If" his size isn't an issue. "If" he stays healthy. "If". Like I said, it's not a bad signing per se, but not what I would have hoped for on paper.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman View Post
    I'm sorry but when articles/commentary about him start with things like "could" and "if he stays healthy", my excitement meter isn't going to spike. This isn't a bad signing but that doesn't make him any more than a starting caliber guard. He isn't a pro-bowler. He hasn't even started two full seasons in a row yet. I "hope" he can continue to play well but we're, at this point, putting him next to all drek that went out there...and has gone out there for years for the Rams.

All the Rams had to shoot for was a guy that consistantly starts and has no history of injuries and it would be a MAJOR improvement. The didn't get that in my opinion. This is another risk/reward guy. "If" his size isn't an issue. "If" he stays healthy. "If". Like I said, it's not a bad signing per se, but not what I would have hoped for on paper.
    The NFL is a rough league. Who has no injury history besides Brett Farve. This guy has been playing great I have actualy seen him play. His great play along with the rest of his line contributed to Vince Young staying in the pocket a little more this year. He also opened up huge holes for whoever was in the Titans backfield

moklerman is offline Registered User

I hope you're right but it still doesn't change his history. The guy that plays right next to him(Roos) has been in the league 3 years and never missed a game. It's not that hard to imagine spending some pretty decent money and getting a guy who hasn't had a knee injury.

Also, Tennessee's o-line isn't exaclty the gold standard for o-line's. It's good but 3.7 ypc for their starting RB and 1 sack every 15 pass attempts isn't stellar.

With the nightmare the Rams have had at LG for so long, I just find it hard to believe they'd go after anyone that had any question at all about their durability.

timsum1283 is offline Registered User

gees what's with all the johnny rainclouds on this n board?

Jacob Bell is a starter at LG who will be consistent. Like one of the articles said, the Rams have had 11 starters at LG since 2004.
    You can't possibly say this was a bad move.

Draftwise I'm thinkin DE in all 1, CB in 2, and WR in 3 b/c there are no WR to meet the value of the 33rd pick IMO

B.Bonds25>God Guest

good signing, pity the rest of the rams o-line is like an automatic opening door

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman View Post
    It's not that hard to imagine spending some pretty decent money and getting a guy who hasn't had a knee injury.
    Actually, I think it would be pretty difficult to find a consistent starter who only costs decent money and who doesn't have any history of injuries, especially in a relatively weak free agent pool. Those are some pretty limiting and rather unrealistic demands, IMO.

LinkBacks (?)

1. -03-03-2008, 10:21 PM