• 2 Post By Ram Dragoon
  • 1 Post By Flippin' Ram
  • 1 Post By mde8352gorams
  • 1 Post By r8rh8rmike
  • 2 Post By Ram Dragoon

Thread: Rams arrests since 2000

Trevor is offline Registered User

Rams arrests since 2000

Not surprised that the Rams are tied for team with the lowest number of players arrested in the NFL.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Re: Rams arrests since 2000

Even less surprising is that the Bengals have the most

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

Interesting. Let's hope Fisher/Snead keeps this number low.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

In some respects the NFL needs to be tougher...In the real world, employer's don't tolerate employees missing time at work to deal with criminal issues. But since the NFL's employees are in the public spotlight and are the face of the product they are selling--stiffer game suspensions ought to be the norm for serious criminal infractions
    RealRam and Agrajag like this.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    In some respects the NFL needs to be tougher...In the real world, employer's don't tolerate employees missing time at work to deal with criminal issues. But since the NFL's employees are in the public spotlight and are the face of the product they are selling--stiffer game suspensions ought to be the norm for serious criminal infractions
    Agreed, if you want these players want to start listening. There best be contract clauses when involved in criminal activity (like cutting a fraction of it or voiding signing bonuses and guaranteed money)
    ramsanddodgers likes this.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
    Your beat still laments the world

chucknbob is offline Registered User

I agree that the NFL should be tougher, but at the same token, these guys are the best in the world at what they do, it's not easy to just suspend/cut them.

Example: If Sam Bradford went out this weekend and got a DUI, we can't just go out on the street and sign another guy as good as Bradford. If he gets suspended for 6 games, those 6 games could be the difference between making the playoffs or sitting at home. Even though it hurts the image of the franchise, it is still better in the long run to win games with a bunch of bozos then to lose with a bunch of chior boys. Remember the 4 pillers anyone?

Also, I live in Cinci, it's nice to see the Bungles finally be first at something.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by J-RodRamFan View Post
    Interesting. Let's hope Fisher/Snead keeps this number low.
    Considering the Titans are fourth on this list, and for the vast majority of the time frame this chart examines they were under the leadership of Fisher, I would expect the Rams to move up the rankings to some degree should a follow-up chart be made a decade down the road. Fisher isn't afraid to take chances on character guys whom he feels he can keep in line so they can help the team. But I agree, hopefully it's not too far.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Considering the Titans are fourth on this list, and for the vast majority of the time frame this chart examines they were under the leadership of Fisher, I would expect the Rams to move up the rankings to some degree should a follow-up chart be made a decade down the road. Fisher isn't afraid to take chances on character guys whom he feels he can keep in line so they can help the team. But I agree, hopefully it's not too far.
    I think a majority of the Titans performance was due to Adam "Pacman" Jones as he was a repeat offender, and still is in Cincy. Hmm, 2 of top 4 teams. I'm starting to see a pattern here. Where Jones goes trouble follows.

I think Fisher will be restrained based on this record and we shouldn't expect a spike for the Rams because of him. If you ask me the NFL is going to become much tougher on fines and suspensions as well as teams starting to be less willing to take chances on questionable players. I read that teams are going to adopt more stringent exams on players during the evaluation period pre-draft. I think it was in the Pro Football Post. Let's focus on the positives of a good season in 2013.

Go Rams!
    Nick likes this.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

After reading the attacks on Fisher a few weeks ago for being a major risk taker, and someone who had the "overlooked accomplishment" of "rounding up problem children", you'd expect the Rams to have shot up the list, but up until now, in two years of drafts and signing of free agents, there has been 1 arrest on his watch (Johnson's DUI).
    Agrajag likes this.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    I think a majority of the Titans performance was due to Adam "Pacman" Jones as he was a repeat offender, and still is in Cincy. Hmm, 2 of top 4 teams. I'm starting to see a pattern here. Where Jones goes trouble follows.
    It might have been, but Fisher was still the guy who drafted Jones 6th overall.

Look, I'm not trying to bash Fisher by any means. I'm simply pointing out that, when your personnel philosophy is one where you're willing to take a risk on some guys with questionable histories off the field, then you're going to get bit some times. That's not necessarily a bad thing, just a natural consequence of the philosophy.

That's why I wouldn't be surprised to see the Rams' number rise, though I expect Fisher to do a good job overall controlling the roster and making smart personnel decisions as he and Snead have so far.
    Last edited by Nick; -07-01-2013 at 05:56 PM.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

About Fisher in Tenn., was he solely in charge or did he have an owner or GM breathing down his neck overriding him? I seem to recall Fisher suspending 2 players this pass season for a very important game! Taken in context we are not likely to know what was happening in Tenn. Main thing is what he does here, at STL
    Nick and THOLTFAN81 like this.