throwback week

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Rams Barker apologizes - From KFFL

Rams | Barker apologizes
    Mon, 21 Nov 2005 17:29:00 -0800

NFL.com reports St. Louis Rams P Bryan Barker apologized for disrupting a Week 11 halftime tribute to the armed forces by kicking the ball over bands and color guards. "I apologize to anyone who was offended by my actions," Barker said in a statement. "It was not my intention to be disrespectful to our military personnel.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Kudos to Jared Cook for saying what needed to be said about being outplayed and outcoached vs the Cards.

RamsFan16 Guest

Re: Rams Barker apologizes - From KFFL

what the hek. Why would he even do that?

jkramsfan Guest

he just made a bad decision and said he was sorry, all done.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I find anyone who was offended by this situation to be just a bit overboard with patriotism, and I'm a Navy Veteran.

It's a pro football game, not a USO show. In my opinion, the military should be at fault due to the length of the presentation. You only get 15 minutes at halftime and it's hard for kickers to stretch the muscles they use to earn their money on the sidelines. It's just a sensitive time in our nation but let me ask you this: I was in the Navy during the 80's, do you think there would have been turmoil about this in say, 1987? I don't think so.

What does that book say...."Give unto Ceaser what is Ceasers?" Well, in this case, the NFL is Cesear and kickers come out of the locker room at halftime early of every game. Barker was doing nothing more than he always does.

SFCRamFan Guest

No big deal...it didn't even register with me...Move on...