MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Rams Begin Redskins Prep .. Nick Wagoner .. Fendi may get his chance.

Posted by Nick Wagoner on September 22, 2010 – 8:27 PM

- The Rams were back on the practice field Wednesday for the first time since playing the Raiders on Sunday. And again, the Rams were a bit short handed in the Wednesday workout as they have a variety of injured players on the sideline.

- One quick roster note, the Rams added QB Thaddeus Lewis to the practice squad and he was back on the field Wednesday. Lewis was released to make room for CB Marquis Johnson last week. Because of the injuries up and down the roster, the Rams need every spot possible so carrying a third signal caller didn’t make sense.

- As for the injuries, here’s the list of those who did not practice Wednesday: DT Clifton Ryan (migraines), DT Darell Scott (knee), CB Kevin Dockery (hamstring), TE Billy Bajema (knee), TE Daniel Fells (knee), S Craig Dahl (concussion), LB Chris Chamberlain (foot) and TE Michael Hoomanawanui (ankle). S Oshiomogho Atogwe (thigh), RB Steven Jackson (knee), WR Laurent Robinson (foot) and LT Rodger Saffold (back) were all limited in the practice.

- Out of that group, Bajema, Hoomanawanui, Chamberlain and Scott will definitely not play this week. Dockery, Fells, Ryan and Robinson will be monitored daily the rest of the week.

- Ryan had a second opinion on his migraines and was awaiting the results though indications coming back are positive that he should be cleared to go this week.

- Clearly, the Rams are working without much depth at a few positions right now, namely defensive tackle and tight end. With Fells, Bajema and Hoomanawanui on the sidelines, the Rams used Fendi Onobun and Darcy Johnson exclusively at the position throughout the workout. At tackle, that left the Rams with starters Gary Gibson and Fred Robbins as well as practice squadder Jermelle Cudjo.

- The plan for this week might have to be adjusted depending on how well some of those players come along. On the defensive line, the Rams could be OK because of coach Steve Spagnuolo’s penchant for using defensive ends at tackle in passing situations. If Ryan can’t go, though, it would stand to reason that Cudjo could be moved back up to the varsity.

- At tight end, Onobun is still a ways away according to Spagnuolo but it looks like he’ll get his opportunity unless Fells can go.

- Spagnuolo also indicated that WR Mardy Gilyard will indeed have an expanded role in the offense this week. Signs are pointing toward the same for fellow WR Brandon Gibson, though some of that will depend on Robinson’s availability this weekend.

- The Rams will get back to work Thursday afternoon. Thanks for reading.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Begin Redskins Prep .. Nick Wagoner .. Fendi may get his chance.

Fendi is a straight beast on madden so I hope he can bring that to the field. I am really pushing for this guy to get on the field I wanna see what he can do.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

The Steven Jackson situation concerned me weeks ago, and it still does. Reports of an "inflamed knee", getting hobbled against the Faiders, and now missing practice are not encouraging signs. I don't even want to get into what happens if he has to miss time. I'm sure he can gut it out, but a nagging injury affects performance and the Rams can't afford an ineffective Jackson. I really hope my concerns have no validity.

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    Fendi is a straight beast on madden so I hope he can bring that to the field. I am really pushing for this guy to get on the field I wanna see what he can do.
    Look, guy, we all know we share excitement for Fendi, but right now he is raw and, not to be negative, but dont expect much from him until he fully understands the system and has gotten some game time under his belt. Other than that, it just doesnt work that way my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    The Steven Jackson situation concerned me weeks ago, and it still does. Reports of an "inflamed knee", getting hobbled against the Faiders, and now missing practice are not encouraging signs. I don't even want to get into what happens if he has to miss time. I'm sure he can gut it out, but a nagging injury affects performance and the Rams can't afford an ineffective Jackson. I really hope my concerns have no validity.
    After three painful seasons, IMHO, I think that our players get injured too much. Or is this just normal?

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I think it's time we finally get a decent back-up for Jackson...

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Posted by Nick Wagoner on September 22, 2010 – 8:27 PM

- Spagnuolo also indicated that WR Mardy Gilyard will indeed have an expanded role in the offense this week. Signs are pointing toward the same for fellow WR Brandon Gibson, though some of that will depend on Robinson’s availability this weekend.
    Hey coach we are 0-2, that's right 0-2. Why? Not because of the defense, I can tell you that much.

Get Gilyard and Gibson in there and let's see what they've got. Robinson has shown us SQUAT!

GO RAMS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    I think it's time we finally get a decent back-up for Jackson...
    This lack of a decent backup should have been addressed about 6 years ago!

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Get Gilyard and Gibson in there and let's see what they've got. Robinson has shown us SQUAT!
    Robinson has scored 1 of our 3 td's

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    Robinson has scored 1 of our 3 td's
    In 2 games Robinson has 4 receptions for 22 yards. He probably has more drops than receptions. Listed as our #1 receiver? Bleak!

SJacks039 Guest

Yea I expected more from robinson, now that we have a good qb. He is not looking good so far. We need to get mardy and gibby in there.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    In 2 games Robinson has 4 receptions for 22 yards. He probably has more drops than receptions. Listed as our #1 receiver? Bleak!
    FYI, Robinson has been targeted 13 times this season. He has 1 drop. Clayton leads the team with 2 drops ....

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    FYI, Robinson has been targeted 13 times this season. He has 1 drop. Clayton leads the team with 2 drops ....
    Two drops out of how many times targeted?

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    He had at least 2 drops in the home opener against the Cardinals. I was there and saw it with my own eyes. To top it off they were drops that cost us a first down on both occasions.