Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    keith m. klink Guest

Re: Are Rams better? No

this is what i think of expert's, ppppffftttt, they just want someone to pay attention to them, because they were the high school newspaper kid's that were not good enough to play sports. you have marshall faulk , and others on the football network, who have played the game and lived the game their whole life, and they don't call themselves experts. and if all these experts so they say, have all the answers that we look for, where and when do they get these answers. think about it ! how many players , how many games, how many thousands of hours of game footage and how many years these players played. these morons look at a couple of games and base all the players on a game or two. they don't have the time to look at each player through the whole game the whole season , the whole carreer, and do it with every player in the NFL. and have time to do the up and coming collage kid's. so i appologize for rambling, but did i tell you about the EXPERT'S , PPPPFFFTTTT.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Wow.....we complain when they don't write about the Rams and then we complain when we do.

It's like the game heads I win, tails you lose. One person is in a no win situation.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Well I deiced to look at the individual defensive stats from last year, including our recent additions to the team.

Claude Wroten DT - 15 Games 9 tkls 2 Asst 1 Sack
    Will Witherspoon MLB - 16 Games 99 tkls 14 Asst 3 Sacks
    Pisa Tinoisamoa WSLB - 11 Games 29 Tkls 7 Asst 2 Sacks
    Raonall Smith OLB - 10 Games 16 Tkls 8 Asst 1.5 Sacks
    Eric Moore DE - 7 Games 6 Tkls 1 Asst 0 Sacks
    Leonard Little DE - 16 Games 55 Tkls 3 Asst 13 Sacks
    Jimmy Kennedy DT - 16 Games 30 Tkls 9 Asst 1 Sack
    Tye Hill CB - 16 Games 47 Tkls 3 Asst 3 Int
    La'Roi Glover DT 16 Games 34 Tkls 4 Asst 5.5 Sacks
    Brandon Chillar SLB - 16 Games 55 Tkls 1 Asst 2 Sacks
    Corey Chavous SS - 16 Games 77 Tkls 9 Asst 1 Sack 1 Int
    Jerome Carter DB - 14 Games 17 Tkls 1 Asst 2 Int
    Fakhir Brown CB - 14 Games 62 Tkls 4 Asst 1 Sack 3 Int
    Ronald Bartell DB - 16 Games 25 Tkls 3 Int
    O.J. Atogwe FS - 16 Games 63 Tkls 9 Asst 1 Sack 3 Int
    Victor Adeyanju DE - 12 Games 30 Tkls 4 Asst ! sack
    Chris Draft LB - 16 Games 79 Tkls 28 Asst 5.5 Sacks
    James Hall DE - 7 Games 17 Tkls 7 Asst 5 Sacks
    Todd Johnson DB - 12 Games 25 Tkls 7 Asst

We were ranked 23rd in yrds per game, 335.1; 31st vs the run (no surprise) 145.5 yrds per game and 8th vs the pass, 189.7 yrds per game.

I really believe IF they can find a few DL studs in the draft, the defense should be much improved. You have to factor in injuries, players adjusting to a new scheme, and new players getting adjusted to playing along side different teammates.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Wow.....we complain when they don't write about the Rams and then we complain when we do.

It's like the game heads I win, tails you lose. One person is in a no win situation.
    I, for one, can go the rest of my life without reading another opinion piece by a sportswriters. Give me facts. The opinions I can come up with myself.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I, for one, can go the rest of my life without reading another opinion piece by a sportswriters. Give me facts. The opinions I can come up with myself.

And with a curt Avenger twist that would be fun to read I might add....:beer:

And Carlos, I understand that with those stats the Rams will be improved....however, how much? Enough to be better than 8-8? I mean, when you are ranked #31 in run defense and all teams stress running the football why wouldn't we be 8th in passing? You didn't have to throw the ball. Teams would run on this defense when it was 3rd and long.

I'm glad we have optimistic fans, I do. I just don't see it. If this defense bucks up and improves more than Star Jones's new makeover (just saw a new pic of her in my girlfriends People magazine, major improvement) then NO ONE WILL BE MORE HAPPIER THAN ME.

And Carlos, I understand that with those stats the Rams will be improved....however, how much? Enough to be better than 8-8? I mean, when you are ranked #31 in run defense and all teams stress running the football why wouldn't we be 8th in passing? You didn't have to throw the ball. Teams would run on this defense when it was 3rd and long.

I'm glad we have optimistic fans, I do. I just don't see it. If this defense bucks up and improves more than Star Jones's new makeover (just saw a new pic of her in my girlfriends People magazine, major improvement) then NO ONE WILL BE MORE HAPPIER THAN ME.
    That's why I stated that IF they find a DL in the draft that can stuff the run, and IF JK wakes up and becomes the first round stud we thought he'd be, offenses will have to find other ways to move the ball. You also have to factor in Spoon playing in the middle for a full year, a healthy (hopefully) Pisa, and James Hall who (according to what I have read) is solid vs the run. You could even possibly see Todd Johnson in there at SS in the base package; he might be better vs the run than Chavous.

I don't see the D getting worse TX, and I've seen my share of ***** Rams defenses over the years. The talent is there, it just has to all come together.

Hey, I hope Kennedy busts out and forces me to buy a Kennedy jersey. I do.

Hey, I hope Kennedy busts out and forces me to buy a Kennedy jersey. I do.
    Ok, now your going over board. Let's not forget the 99' rule; some times the best defense is an offense that puts up 30+ points a game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12