Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Rams' Brian Quick seeking consistency

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Rams' Brian Quick seeking consistency

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    Fat albert was not drafted as a top 30 pick.........
    True but it's not like the FO did not address the O line. They did but the kid could not say no to food. The lack of O line depth is an issue and so is our current safeties but back then we had holes all over the roster. Depth was the last thing we hoping for, we needed talent.

Quick is in his second year if you want to write him off go for it. I'm going to wait and see if given more reps he can increase his production.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    True but it's not like the FO did not address the O line. They did but the kid could not say no to food. The lack of O line depth is an issue and so is our current safeties but back then we had holes all over the roster. Depth was the last thing we hoping for, we needed talent.

Quick is in his second year if you want to write him off go for it. I'm going to wait and see if given more reps he can increase his production.
    The FO has doe a good job of getting us talent that has made immediate impact. Quick was not one of these guys and my rub is he was picked very high. I do not recall saying I was "writing him off" but am frustrated with his inability to do what it takes to get on the field. I hope this changes soon.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Bottom line: He needs to show us something on the field. We can throw around superlatives like "talented", "fast", "gifted" etc. until we're blue in the face. But if he isn't productive, it means zero. I understand some receivers will not put up real good numbers their first year in the league. But he needs to show tangible improvement in 2013 over a rookie season in which he was all but invisible.

I agree with those who think he should get extensive time in the pre-season finale. And I think we need to reserve final judgment until the end of year 2 before we declare the guy a bust. I'm rooting for the guy, because I think he's an important piece to the receiving corps. I don't think expecting 30-40 catches from him is in any way unreasonable.
    Last edited by NJ Ramsfan1; -08-27-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Bottom line: He needs to show us something on the field. We can throw around superlatives like "talented", "fast", "gifted" etc. until we're blue in the face. But if he isn't productive, it means zero. I understand some receivers will not put up real good numbers their first year in the league. But he needs to show tangible improvement in 2013 over a rookie season in which he was all but invisible.

I agree with those who think he should get extensive time in the pre-season finale. And I think we need to reserve final judgment until the end of year 2 before we declare the guy a bust. I'm rooting for the guy, because I think he's an important piece to the receiving corps. I don't think expecting 30-40 catches from him is in any way unreasonable.
    I agree. We I all heard Les compare him to Vincent Jackson. Jackson numbers in year two: 27 catches for 453 yards and 6 TDs. If Quick can get close to these numbers I would be satisfied. Very doable IMO.
    Last edited by Rambos; -08-28-2013 at 09:35 PM.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Fat albert was not drafted as a top 30 pick.........

I don't see how that is relevant when Quick was picked at number 33, top of the second round...

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    I don't see how that is relevant when Quick was picked at number 33, top of the second round...
    wow, you got me there.....ok, fat albert was not a top 33 pick.

Receiving REC YDS TD LG
    ...B. Quick 5 60 0 26

Still working to get better is Quickie.... he had a fumble early but came back strong. His 26 yard catch set up the Rams on the Baltimore 3-yard line.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Receiving REC YDS TD LG
    ...B. Quick 5 -- 60 - 0 - 26

Still working to get better is Quickie.... he had a fumble early but came back strong. His 26 yard catch set up the Rams on the Baltimore 3-yard line.
    Consistency, consistency ... Quick! All the best to the Q towards this objective.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Receiving REC YDS TD LG
    ...B. Quick 5 60 0 26

Had it not been for a Barksdale holding call, that number would be 6 for 82.

Good game for the kid.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Had it not been for a Barksdale holding call, that number would be 6 for 82.

Good game for the kid.
    Wow, 6 for 82. That would have been really good!

How long did Q play?

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Wow, 6 for 82. That would have been really good!

How long did Q play?
    Almost the entire first half.

Almost the entire first half.

Where is he on depth chart?

Where is he on depth chart?
    Not sure, I would guess he's still behind Pettis. Who played with the same group and had one catch on the first play of the game and then was inadvisable. Until he had that holding call on the rub route.

I know that they sat Givens, Cook and wanted to sit TA, but he asked to play. Pettis was up with Quick and once again Quick clearly out played him.

Not sure, I would guess he's still behind Pettis. Who played with the same group and had one catch on the first play of the game and then was inadvisable. Until he had that holding call on the rub route.

I know that they sat Givens, Cook and wanted to sit TA, but he asked to play. Pettis was up with Quick and once again Quick clearly out played him.
    I will be disappointed if he is not with the 1's ahead of Pettis. What are coaches seeing we mere mortals are not? playbook issues? Route depth? ????

I will be disappointed if he is not with the 1's ahead of Pettis. What are coaches seeing we mere mortals are not? playbook issues? Route depth? ????
    I have asked myself those questions a lot and have come to this conclusion. They want Quick to have success when he's on the field. Last year he did not handle failure very well. If he made a mistake it would take him several plays to come back from it. He's just one of those guys that does not know how good he can be. He seems to be the last one to know he can be a force. I heard Givens in an interview say Quick does not have a lot of confidence, but he will come around.

The best thing that happened for him last night is, he made a big mistake with the fumble and then came back and made a lot of good plays.

The one person that can help him the most is Bradford IMO. They have yet to click and if Sam starts to believe in him he will take off. That said Cook has to earn that trust.
    Randart likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12