Exclamation Rams Camp at a Glance: Aug. 8

Rams Camp at a Glance: Aug. 8

08/08/2004

Injured: CB Jerametrius Butler (hamstring), LB Brandon Chillar (shoulder), TE Cam Cleeland (hamstring), CB Robert Cromartie (hamstring), DE Bryce Fisher (ankle), CB Travis Fisher (knee), DE Erik Flowers (hamstring), DE Anthony Hargrove (knee and ankle), FB Erik Jensen (knee), DT Jimmy Kennedy (foot), S Tom Knight (finger), DE Leonard Little (hamstring), OT Jeremy Phillips (shoulder), LB Brandon Spoon (hamstring), LB Robert Thomas (thigh), OT Kyle Turley (back), C Dave Wohlabaugh (hip).

Absent: OT Orlando Pace (contract).

Sunday's schedule: The team has the day off. The next practice is scheduled for Monday afternoon. For information, call 1-866-726-7226.

Bits and pieces:

Among healthy Rams who didn't dress for Saturday's scrimmage with the Bears were S Aeneas Williams, WR Torry Holt, RB Marshall Faulk, WR Isaac Bruce and RB Lamar Gordon.

The biggest cheer of the day came when former Western Illinois University QB Russ Michna, a Rams rookie, took the field for a series.

Roger Hacker, the son of former Cardinals coach Rich Hacker, is a member of the Bears' PR staff.

Overheard:

"They're always contenders for tops in the league, and they're always contenders for the Super Bowl. So that makes it that much sweeter."
    - Veteran DT Bernard Holsey, on being acquired by the Rams in the offseason.

"He's an innovator. I could talk on and on about Mike Martz. He's one of the better guys you will meet and, of course, one of the better coaches in the league."
    - Bears coach Lovie Smith, on his former boss.

- Bill Coats

Shaky is offline Registered User

2004 Rams Camp Pics, Tommy Bryan and CanadaRam

Here's some camp pics Dez

2004 Rams Camp Pics, Tommy Bryan and CanadaRam

2004 Rams Camp Pics, pg1
    http://www.nflfans.com/rams/staticpa...40808103316869

2004 Rams Camp Pics, pg2
    http://www.nflfans.com/rams/staticpa...40808105512283

JellyOpal is offline Registered User
    Macomb, IL home of Rams summer training camp

Re: Rams Camp at a Glance: Aug. 8

Actually, I was there and I believe the biggest cheer was for a nice completed pass by our own (and the Bears former) QB Chris Chandler. I remember, because it had the feel of a real game at that point (making me hungry for the season to start all the more). A lot of those cheers came from the away team side of the stands though. As much as a few putzes felt the need to boo some Rams as they came into the stadium, they reserved those for the relative unknown and rookies. Veterans like Aeneas or monster players like Gateway Archuleta got praise from our opponent's fan base. And Chandler got a very friendly greeting, even though he wasn't wearing their colors anymore. Loyalty is a part of this game, and not just for a particular team.

I'm glad to see someone else sharing pics from camp. I don't have all that many right now, but I do think I'll put the roll of film from the scrimmage on a picture CD so I can share a few, but that'll take a while. Thanks, Shaky.