Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    woody4cards is offline Registered User

rams can beat the boys

ok...i gotta be honest.... i live in az ..... have been a boys fan since i was 10 ( in 1976) ...i follow the cards and cheer for them as long as they are not playing the cowboys!!!!! so thats my story

but rams fans!!!! your team is 0-3 and going against the team that just whooped the bears...... yes da bears...... but there is hope......

first of all the boys defense is very suspect in the passing game and that is or was suppose to be the rams asset!!!! furthermore..... while jackson is out you will have leonard in there..... the boys dont do well when they have to play against a big physical back!!!!! add to all of this ...the boys just came off of a HUGE game for them... there could be some let down here and the rams need to take advantage....

grossman was on target withe the little 5 yard out patterns as they boys were scared of berriman nad his speed.... they will play off of holt ..so those patterns will be there... grossmans problem was he could not complete a pass down the middle to save his life..... or job..... bulger is no grossman or should i say grossman is no bulger..... bulger has the experience to have a HUGE day against the boys!!!

only question is.... can your defense stop the cowboys!!!?????

good luckkk...... i will not rest easy until we have a 10 point lead with 2 minutes to go!!!!

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Re: rams can beat the boys

I've been a Rams fan for almost 40 years, and unless the playcalling dramatically changes for this game, and the Rams take plenty of gambles (that pay off) don't turn the ball over and throw the ball beyond 3 yards, the Rams have two chances to win.

...slim, and none.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

raiderhater!!!!

i have to respect honesty!!!!!

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

This should be the first big test for the defense. We haven't done a very good job at containing mobile quarterbacks when they start to scramble, so it could be a long day for us.

We kept Joey Galloway from being a major factor last game. We also held Steve Smith to only one big play, but that was before we lost Tye Hill to injury. Pass defense has been decent for us so far, but who knows how we'll fare against TO. If we can keep him under wraps, the Rams have a fighting chance. And if the offense gets back on track. But both are big IFs.

RamsRock is offline Registered User

This is ridiculous. There is absolutely no way we win this game. The Cowboys will own us. People are getting caught up in our pass defense, but guess what? Our pass defense is so good, because teams run the ball down our throats. If I had a fantasy team, I would start Julius Jones and Marion Beeber 3.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

There are so many factors in a game, you can never say there isn't some chance.

Hell, they could come out and put the ball in our defense's hands over and over again. They could screw up the opening kick off, our offense could explode. There's so many variables just from play to play that saying nothing can possibly happen to allow for a win is silly.

RamsRock is offline Registered User

Angry Re: rams can beat the boys

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    There are so many factors in a game, you can never say there isn't some chance.

Hell, they could come out and put the ball in our defense's hands over and over again. They could screw up the opening kick off, our offense could explode. There's so many variables just from play to play that saying nothing can possibly happen to allow for a win is silly.
    Ok, predict a score. I think it will be a close game until we get off the bus. Then it will be 45-14

RealRam is online now Registered User

Re: Rams can beat the boys

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    I've been a Rams fan for almost 40 years, and unless the playcalling dramatically changes for this game, and the Rams take plenty of gambles (that pay off) don't turn the ball over and throw the ball beyond 3 yards, the Rams have two chances to win.

...slim, and none.

It's tough reality. :x

Good assessment of the probablities, RFRH. I'll go with the 'slim' chance of course but still, the Dallas offense looked potent Vs. Chicago.

I think I better go look for Alpha's "Official Beat Dallas" thread now. :\

i think the biggest thing will be the let down factor..... the boys coming off of a huge win..... they may be overlooking the rams....

last year the bears overlooked the cards and it almost cost them!!!!

CanadianRam! is offline Registered User

Well remember 2005, we were 5-10, they were 9-6 and we ended up winning 20-10. Fast forward a couple of years and here we are again as huge underdogs...anything can happen obviously but in order for us to have a chance, we must win the turnover battle. If we continue to have stupid turnovers, there's pretty much no chances for us.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by woody4cards View Post
    ok...i gotta be honest.... i live in az ..... have been a boys fan since i was 10 ( in 1976) ...i follow the cards and cheer for them as long as they are not playing the cowboys!!!!! so thats my story

but rams fans!!!! your team is 0-3 and going against the team that just whooped the bears...... yes da bears...... but there is hope......

first of all the boys defense is very suspect in the passing game and that is or was suppose to be the rams asset!!!! furthermore..... while jackson is out you will have leonard in there..... the boys dont do well when they have to play against a big physical back!!!!! add to all of this ...the boys just came off of a HUGE game for them... there could be some let down here and the rams need to take advantage....

grossman was on target withe the little 5 yard out patterns as they boys were scared of berriman nad his speed.... they will play off of holt ..so those patterns will be there... grossmans problem was he could not complete a pass down the middle to save his life..... or job..... bulger is no grossman or should i say grossman is no bulger..... bulger has the experience to have a HUGE day against the boys!!!

only question is.... can your defense stop the cowboys!!!?????

good luckkk...... i will not rest easy until we have a 10 point lead with 2 minutes to go!!!!
    Just a thought - the Shehawks had a 16 point lead with 1:31 left in 2004 and we beat them.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

It seems the 'boys may have caught the Rams at a down time in their schedule.. 2007.

I'll be looking for a major upset on Sunday, just not sure yet which game it might be...

I still will be rooting for my Rams, win OR lose!
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

RealRam is online now Registered User

Re: Rams can beat the boys

Okay, who's going to be covering T.O. mostly? I'm sure we'll be puting a double man coverage on him (don't know if with zone or man-to-man).

Dallas' offense seems to be clicking tightly, on both air and land attacks. I was impressed with that Marion Barber running.

Based on what I saw from them in Chicago, this is the biggest test for our Rams defense of Sept. // On the other hand, we need to score, score early! Score plenty!

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsRock View Post
    Ok, predict a score. I think it will be a close game until we get off the bus. Then it will be 45-14

How about no? Predicting scores is like predicting the weather. My point wasn't that we absolutely will win, my point was there is *always* a chance for a team to win because there are just so many variables from play to play.

So many things can go wrong for a team, so many things can go right. A 28 yard field goal might bounce off a post, an otherwise good punt my bounce wrong and roll into the endzone for a touchback, the running back my drop the ball all over the place, the Quarterback might have an off day and throw three interceptions.

Coming out and saying "The Rams will lose because they have played bad and the Cowboys are amazing" would be like me coming out and saying it will be hot outside tomorrow. It might be likely, it might even occur, but it is not a sure thing.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Welcome Woody. Tis very nice of you to come over and offer up some words that show a little respect for the Rams. I am sure the boys are overlooking this team, and they should because the Rams aren't impressing anyone this year. You had your way with da bears and maybe the hungry feeling is gone now. Maybe we will catch you flat footed with our replacement players. Anything is possible.

I am just hoping for a respectable close game and some decent fans in the stands since I am going to see this one in person.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast