throwback week

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Rams captains announced

I saw this on Fox Midwest Sports report. Offense: Marc Bulger, Isaac Bruce, and Torry Holt.
    Defense: Corey Chavous, Laroi Glover.
    Special teams: Jeff Wilkins.

Glover was interviewed and said that he expects a very close, hard fought game vs. the Broncos that will be decided in the end (obviously)

Linehan and Curtis also interviewed briefly and said that the offense would be ready to roll on Sunday despite the low scoring preseason. They basically stated the obvious that we have been holding our playbook back and will unveil it on Sunday.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Rams captains announced

Surprised at the D captains, what happened to Pisa ?

Let the unveiling begin, please...

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Wow, both defensive captains are new players to the team. Interesting.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Rambos is offline Registered User

What about spoon, he should be one, I would think with the cash we dished out.

Alec22 is offline Registered User

I know witherspoon is supposed to let his actions do the talking, but i would have liked to see him and Pisa be the captins, i like glover being a captin though, not so sure about chavous though.

I think its good that we have NEW captains for the defence. Let the games begin

LaRamsFanLongTime Guest
    I like the decisions I think Chavous is gonna had some attitude to the team. I like trash talking punch you in the mouth call your mamma a !#%@&* type of defences. I want to see crunching, 5 guys around the tackle. Every yard that the opposing team gets I want them too feel the next week. Beat them down till they cannot get up anymore.

Wow, both defensive captains are new players to the team. Interesting.
    New defence new captains interesting but understandable. Pretty much any thing that was the norm last year on this defensive squad I want changed.

One more note I like the fact that the Lb's are not Captains I want them running around like wild animals with no regard for sanity. Kill em all let their mammas identify the bodies at the morgue.
    Last edited by Nick; -09-06-2006 at 08:05 PM.

norcalramfan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    What about spoon, he should be one, I would think with the cash we dished out.
    cash does not make a leader! signed Terrell owens!!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Pisa and Spoon may be more exciting, but when it comes to leadership, experience is a huge factor. Gotta respect your elders.

Pisa - 3 seasons
    Spoon - 4 seasons
    Glover - 10 seasons
    Chavous - 8 seasons
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Aquitted Killer Guest

Chavous will "quarterback" the D perfectly. The guy has got a tremendous depth of knowledge and is a natural leader. Laroi's gonna command respect as well. I like our D capt's.

Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime View Post
    I like the decisions I think Chavous is gonna had some attitude to the team. I like trash talking punch you in the mouth call your mamma a !#%@&* type of defences. I want to see crunching, 5 guys around the tackle. Every yard that the opposing team gets I want them too feel the next week. Beat them down till they cannot get up anymore.
    IMHO this will be the key to our season. No more lackadazical, non intense, I'm gonna grab your shoulderpad and pull ya down tackleing. If we're going places this season our D needs to step it up a few notches, start pop'n people and swarm the ball. If you look at the large majority of championship teams through the years, their D's typically the ones the opponents fear play'n. Our offense is gonna put some points on the board. Our defensive motto needs to be: "Intimidation". I think with Little, Pisa, and the additions of Spoon, Laroi and Chavous, along with Hasslet now at the helm, we've got the potential to bring it.

The waiting's almost over. Let the games begin.