throwback week

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Rams CB Bartell Expects To Play Vs Chiefs

Rams CB Bartell expects to play vs Chiefs
    5 hours, 29 minutes ago

ST. LOUIS (AP)St. Louis Rams cornerback Ron Bartell expects to play this week, even if hes not fully recovered from a stinger that has sapped strength in his left shoulder.

Ill find a way to get them down, Bartell said Wednesday. If Ive got to trip them, Ill be like the coach from the Jets.

The Rams lost 31-13 at New Orleans without Bartell, their top coverage man. Bartell vowed Wednesday that hed play this weekend against the Kansas City Chiefs given the teams playoff hopes.

St. Louis leads the NFC West at 6-7 and is playing its first meaningful December games since Bartell joined the team in 2005.

No question at all, Ill be playing, Bartell said. Being here six years weve never had this opportunity, so you never know if itll come again. As big as these last three games are, it really doesnt matter how I feel, Ill be out there one way or another.

Bartell said he may have to wear a neck yoke to protect the injury but complained thats like putting an X on my back.

Punter Donnie Jones(notes) was sent home due to illness and missed practice Wednesday, but coach Steve Spagnuolo anticipated hed be back on Thursday. Linebacker David Nixon missed practice a day after surgery to repair a broken left hand but could play on special teams this week wearing a cast.

Offensive guard Jacob Bell (knee bruise), running back Kenneth Darby (ribs) and cornerback Justin King (shoulder) were limited in practice. Bell was hurt near the end of last weeks loss at New Orleans and Darby and King did not play.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Re: Rams CB Bartell Expects To Play Vs Chiefs

Gotta love Bartell's atitude.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Agreed, love the attitude, but if he doesn't have full strength and can't tackle, I would rather have Murphy out there- at least for this week against the NFL's top rushing attack.

Maybe only play him on obvious passing downs, because I love the match up of Bartell vs Bowe, not so much any of our other CBs. Seems like Ron is at his best going against the bigger physical receivers, ala Fitzgerald.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Sometimes Ron Bartell strikes me as best when he feels someone is a challenge to him.