Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    RamsInfiniti's Avatar
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    R.I.P.
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    77

    Rams claim CB Quincy Butler off waivers ....

    That's all!


  2. #2
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,074
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Rams claim CB Quincy Butler off waivers ....

    He's not the best CB... But he certainly isn't the worst either.

    We'll see where he plays.

  3. #3
    Ramblin` Ram's Avatar
    Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Nation of Rams
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,401
    Rep Power
    54

    Re: Rams claim CB Quincy Butler off waivers ....

    knows the system...i hope this doesn`t mean Bartell`s shoulder injury is a long term one.

  4. #4
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER's Avatar
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,277
    Rep Power
    56

    Re: Rams claim CB Quincy Butler off waivers ....

    If nothing else, he can go in for the current #23. I isolated on him on Sunday's game (I believe it's Jerome Murphy) and all I can say is; he really, really uh, can't cover. On the final pass for the game-winning TD, he had the back of the endzone covered like a blanket. Meanwhile the running back sliding across right in front of him was wide open.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

  5. #5
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,300
    Rep Power
    153

    Re: Rams claim CB Quincy Butler off waivers ....

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    If nothing else, he can go in for the current #23. I isolated on him on Sunday's game (I believe it's Jerome Murphy) and all I can say is; he really, really uh, can't cover. On the final pass for the game-winning TD, he had the back of the endzone covered like a blanket. Meanwhile the running back sliding across right in front of him was wide open.
    Yeah, Murphy had some "rookie" moments in the Tampa game for sure, but I think his skillset is intriguing for Spags' defense.

    As for Butler, the secondary is beat up and he knows the system. It's good he was able to be brought back.

  6. #6
    tomahawk247's Avatar
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,649
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Rams claim CB Quincy Butler off waivers ....

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    If nothing else, he can go in for the current #23. I isolated on him on Sunday's game (I believe it's Jerome Murphy) and all I can say is; he really, really uh, can't cover. On the final pass for the game-winning TD, he had the back of the endzone covered like a blanket. Meanwhile the running back sliding across right in front of him was wide open.
    I do remember some other moments where he let Sammie Stroughter get free quite easily, especially on a key 3rd down

  7. #7
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,074
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Rams claim CB Quincy Butler off waivers ....

    Murphy isn't a bad tackler, but I do agree his coverage is lacking right now.

  8. #8
    d4w34p0n13's Avatar
    d4w34p0n13 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New York
    Age
    18
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Rams claim CB Quincy Butler off waivers ....

    Heres what I don't understand not saying i am a fan of going out and getting big names cause im not but the rams really should have made the best out of a non salary cap year and gotten Darelle Revis i mean i know he would only stay for a year but we wouldnt be in this problem though if he did !

  9. #9
    tomahawk247's Avatar
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,649
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Rams claim CB Quincy Butler off waivers ....

    Quote Originally Posted by d4w34p0n13 View Post
    Heres what I don't understand not saying i am a fan of going out and getting big names cause im not but the rams really should have made the best out of a non salary cap year and gotten Darelle Revis i mean i know he would only stay for a year but we wouldnt be in this problem though if he did !

    I... I don't know what to say

    Actually I do. We had no chance of getting Revis and since he has been paid he has been a shadow of his former self

  10. #10
    shower beers's Avatar
    shower beers is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,043
    Rep Power
    59

    Re: Rams claim CB Quincy Butler off waivers ....

    Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Murphy isn't a bad tackler, but I do agree his coverage is lacking right now.
    Agreed. He made a couple good tackles, but seemed to drop the ball in coverage a couple times.
    Last edited by shower beers; -10-26-2010 at 11:20 AM.

  11. #11
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,492
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: Rams claim CB Quincy Butler off waivers ....

    Its way too early to condemn Murphy's coverage skills, but I will say that his size (particularly if he adds about 10-15 lbs of muscle) and skill set might make him a good option at SS in the future.

  12. #12
    iso10topes's Avatar
    iso10topes is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    zansibar
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Rams claim CB Quincy Butler off waivers ....

    j murph is a stud on my madden, and we have the best ss in the league. D-A-H-L!

  13. #13
    d4w34p0n13's Avatar
    d4w34p0n13 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New York
    Age
    18
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Rams claim CB Quincy Butler off waivers ....

    Quote Originally Posted by iso10topes View Post
    j murph is a stud on my madden, and we have the best ss in the league. D-A-H-L!
    Hahaha Craig Dahl is a very good hard nosed player i like our crew of safeties because they are hard heavy hitters i mean how many balls has OJ knocked lose....Answer? ALOT! I feel the rams have a great defense and some nice backups but the rams have the same problem any team has INJURIES!!!!!! Injuries have killed our offense and defense in the past so if we can get lucky this year and not have that many more injuries we will be great I am a little worried for Bartell to say the least. And also is it just me or did anyone see when dockery went up for the coverage on I think mike williams? and williams ripped his helmet off? I was a little in disbelief there i mean was it not a penalty ???

  14. #14
    AlphaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    a
    Posts
    2,521
    Rep Power
    74

    Re: Rams claim CB Quincy Butler off waivers ....

    As long as Tye Hill or Travis Fisher don't come back, I won't complain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  15. #15
    tomahawk247's Avatar
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,649
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Rams claim CB Quincy Butler off waivers ....

    Quote Originally Posted by d4w34p0n13 View Post
    Hahaha Craig Dahl is a very good hard nosed player i like our crew of safeties because they are hard heavy hitters i mean how many balls has OJ knocked lose....Answer? ALOT! I feel the rams have a great defense and some nice backups but the rams have the same problem any team has INJURIES!!!!!! Injuries have killed our offense and defense in the past so if we can get lucky this year and not have that many more injuries we will be great I am a little worried for Bartell to say the least. And also is it just me or did anyone see when dockery went up for the coverage on I think mike williams? and williams ripped his helmet off? I was a little in disbelief there i mean was it not a penalty ???
    It was Arrelious Benn i believe that ripped off Dockery's helmet. It should have been some form of penalty. Hands to the face, facemask, offensive pass interferance. Something!

    I feel sorry for Dockery though, he needs to sort out those chin straps! This is the second time in what seems like as many games that his helmet has come off, and last time he ended up with a big gash on his head as a result!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. James Butler chat
    By tdog08 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: -03-25-2009, 03:50 PM
  2. Rams Playoff History
    By OldRamsfan in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: -02-09-2009, 10:14 AM
  3. Jim Thomas Live Tuesday, January 15
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: -01-17-2008, 03:29 PM
  4. Jim Thomas Live: 12/11/07
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -12-11-2007, 07:59 PM
  5. Rams History
    By OldRamsfan in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: -02-08-2006, 03:36 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •