Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Rams claim S Smith, DT Ramsey on waivers

We'll see how these guys work out. Smith has a rep as a very big hitter and played pretty well his first couple of years before the infamous guarantee, and horrid performance against the Pats, after which he was benched by the Steelers, then waived. Ramsey has been all over the league and hasn't played a game since being cut by the Colts in mid-season last year. Hope he has better luck than the last few Titans signings we've made. In Spags we trust.

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

He is a ball hogger, and I like that. He still has to be a TEAM player though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

OMG, that did not sound right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

clarasDK is online now Registered User

Made me LOL alot

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirlRamsFan View Post
    He is a ball hogger, and I like that. He still has to be a TEAM player though.
    Who are we talking about here... Smith, Ramsey or Liberace?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LifeLongRam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Jeff Garcia is a HUGE no. He's got a diva attitude he brings with him, and trust me, we don't need that ...

My fiance is a Packers fan, so I've seen some of Brohm in the preseason the past few years. There's a reason he got buried on the depth chart. He simply couldn't pick up the offense at the NFL level. He looked subpar every time I saw him out there. We shouldn't waste our time ...

The Anthony Smith pickup is huge, albeit he is a bit of talker. Remember two years ago, he played with the Steelers, called out the Pats, then got smoked. Hopefully he brings some attitude here, but keeps his thoughts inside. Great pickup in terms of talent. The Pack is VERY deep at safety, simply a numbers thing on their part. Smith had 2 INT's in preseason ...

If Dahl can stay healthy, we are sitting pretty at S with Atogwe, Butler, Dahl, and Smith ...

If the Nate Jones move is true, we sit with FOUR WR's on the active roster!! That's crazy, we're going to have to add somebody ...

Still shocked that Roach is on the team, I expect him to be gone when we pick up a 5th wideout ...
    Garcia is far from a diva, he has a blue collar hard working attitude and is way better then Boller. Too bad we already have kyle on our roster otherwise i would love to have jeff.
    I haven't seen anything from garcia in his entire career to suggest he's a diva....

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Like the additions I think those definately helped our 2 biggest defensive holes. We still need to add a WR because we only have 4. We definately need an RB also. IMO Mark Rubin and one of the DTs are going to have to hit the road.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLongRam View Post
    Garcia is far from a diva, he has a blue collar hard working attitude and is way better then Boller. Too bad we already have kyle on our roster otherwise i would love to have jeff.
    I haven't seen anything from garcia in his entire career to suggest he's a diva....
    There has been more than one occasion, in both Philly and Oakland, where Garcia has whined because he was not the starter. A team player doesn't publically moan about his position on the depth chart, particularly when they were brought in to be backup ...

And well, we don't even need to talk about how big a baby he was during his days in Tampa. Ask any Tampa fan about Baby Garcia, they'll give you the info ....

Rambos is offline Registered User

Packers fans are absolutely fuming over the Smith cut. General consensus was that he was playing well enough to potentially get a starting gig ...
    Anthony Smith was a player that made perfect sense to keep. He fitted the system, he has experience there and he seemed to make the most plays of all the S during the pre-season. Quite shocking. It must have been a chemistry thing or something similar.
    Yep sounds that way.

eldfan is offline Registered User

I like the moves we need all the D depth we can get, and picking up depth from good football teams is not a bad move.
    :ramlogo:

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    I am interested to see if the Rams show any interest in Brian Brohm, whom the Packers cut. While I realize we have Bulger as our starter for this year and possibly beyond, depending on how this season goes, Brohm has some talent that I feel he wasn't able to exhibit in GB where they were busy grooming Aaron Rogers into a starter. I know we kept Null and cut Berlin, which pleased me, Brohm may have starter potential for a few years down the road, which Boller certainly doesn't and the jury is still out on Null.
    Brohm had every opportunity to win the back-up quarterback job and failed. At this point, it's looking like he was more a product of Bobby Petrino than anything else. For what it's worth, he's on Green Bay's practice squad. But I would imagine the Rams view their own guy (Null) more favorably since they actually picked him.

If the Nate Jones move is true, we sit with FOUR WR's on the active roster!! That's crazy, we're going to have to add somebody ...
    Just noticed that as well. They're probably looking to see who gets cut that they might be able to snag, and then if nothing entices them, maybe they bring back Jones or Walker or even Curry. Or maybe they risk it and run with four receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I still think we moved Hill for cap space and are going to get WR Reggie Brown from the Eagles. They have a ton of WR.
    Moving Hill actually cost the Rams more against the cap than it would have to keep him.

Packers fans are absolutely fuming over the Smith cut. General consensus was that he was playing well enough to potentially get a starting gig ...
    Rotoworld had an interesting analysis on Smith: "It's a very nice pickup for St. Louis, which needed depth badly behind O.J. Atogwe and James Butler. Smith arguably outplayed starter Atari Bigby in camp, but Green Bay seemingly couldn't admit it and went with special teamer Derrick Martin as a backup instead. Smith has starting-caliber talent."

rams#1 Guest

sounds good IMO. Lets hope smith can do good things here

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Even though Smith got buried on the depth chart in Pittsburgh and didn't catch on with Green Bay, he's got good potential and it sounds like he fits the style of big hitting, aggresive Safety that Spags likes. I read somewhere that he's a "vicious" tackler. If anyone can get him back to form and producing again, it's Spags.
    Last edited by r8rh8rmike; -09-06-2009 at 11:28 PM.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

I'm glad that everyone likes the fact that we brought in a big, physical safety with poor ball skills to sit on the bench in case our 2 starters (who do not have a history of being injury prone) become injured. We have bigger needs at back-up RB, SLB, and WR yet we are still not addressing these issues.

Rambos is offline Registered User

with poor ball skills
    anthony smith steelers - Google Videos

anthony smith steelers - Google Videos
    Do you have source for this?
    Last edited by Rambos; -09-07-2009 at 12:07 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast