Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Rams claim S Smith, DT Ramsey on waivers

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    I'm glad that everyone likes the fact that we brought in a big, physical safety with poor ball skills to sit on the bench in case our 2 starters (who do not have a history of being injury prone) become injured. We have bigger needs at back-up RB, SLB, and WR yet we are still not addressing these issues.
    patience dear..just because Billy D and Spags hasn`t broadcasted it to the world..doesn`t mean theres nothing in the pipeline and our roster is set.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Yes, poor balls skills, my grandmother could intercept a pass from Chris Weinke (and she's dead). When he was against better talent, things were significantly different thus the reason he was cut from Pittsburgh. Ex. please see the Steelers vs. Patriots game from that same year. Not mad at the pick-up just stating that we could be addressing other areas, some of these moves are questionable.
    Last edited by ManofGod; -09-07-2009 at 12:34 AM.

eric2810 is offline Registered User

Well for me, I'm not too sure about the pickup in Smith. After watching the video posted, seeing Smith high step and Cowher has to have a word with him, it tells me the guy goes for the big play, not a team player, and is undisciplined. The guy tried to pick a fight with Tom Brady, a Quarterback. However, I can see a motive for why they brought him in. Smith can fit in and be a factor on special teams which would only require his natural hitting ability. Although I'm not in favor of Smith, I'll have an open mind about it because if what Packers fans were saying is true, then picking up Smith may not have been such a bad idea.
    Last edited by eric2810; -09-07-2009 at 12:41 AM.

LifeLongRam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    There has been more than one occasion, in both Philly and Oakland, where Garcia has whined because he was not the starter. A team player doesn't publically moan about his position on the depth chart, particularly when they were brought in to be backup ...

And well, we don't even need to talk about how big a baby he was during his days in Tampa. Ask any Tampa fan about Baby Garcia, they'll give you the info ....
    Garcia never compained in philly about being a backup, when he came to oakland he said "he didn't come here to be a backup", and in tampa he and gruden obviously hated eachother and had problems...I don't need to ask any Tampa fan anything I follow the game of football and I'm very aware of Garcia's career. You can't blame the guy for complaining once and a while he has built a decent resume in his time in the nfl, and he has confidence in what he can do.

None of these situations IMO are worthy of calling him a "DIVA". A crybaby maybe but not a diva.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Yes, poor balls skills, my grandmother could intercept a pass from Chris Weinke (and she's dead). When he was against better talent, things were significantly different thus the reason he was cut from Pittsburgh. Ex. please see the Steelers vs. Patriots game from that same year. Not mad at the pick-up just stating that we could be addressing other areas, some of these moves are questionable.
    We picked up two players.

I don't think Spags and Devaney would've picked either of them up if they really thought they'd cause problems.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    We picked up two players.

I don't think Spags and Devaney would've picked either of them up if they really thought they'd cause problems.
    Never said that they would cause problems, I'm actually all for the Ramsey pick up, but I'm questioning the extra S until we address our RB and WR issues, however hopefully it'll all work out in the end.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Never said that they would cause problems, I'm actually all for the Ramsey pick up, but I'm questioning the extra S until we address our RB and WR issues, however hopefully it'll all work out in the end.
    Yeah I hear ya. I bet if Reggie Brown was cut we would have snagged him, hopefully they are trying to pick him up through a trade. As for our backup running back, I wonder how long Gado needs to be sidelined, perhaps it's not as bad as we thought... I could live with Darby backing up Jackson for a few games and have Gado return.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Rambos is offline Registered User

please see the Steelers vs. Patriots game from that same year
    So you are saying he had a bad game. You are not saying you have been following this guy close and know for a fact he has no ball skills or you read that he has stunk it up this preseason. Ok I think I will give the nod to the Rams front office.

I'm actually all for the Ramsey pick up, but I'm questioning the extra S until we address our RB and WR issues
    You pick up the best players as they come available not in an predetermined order.

How about the need for ST players?

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

When you question his ball skills and his ability to still produce, it sounds like you're mad at the pick-up. Regardless, Spags sees something in him and obviously feels it's an area of need. If I'm not mistaken, before adding Smith, the only SS on the roster was James Butler. Surely you can see a need for depth at that position.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123