RamWraith is offline Registered User

Rams co-owner sells

Got you all pretty excited I bet :mask:

Georgia Frontiere, co-owner of the St. Louis Rams, has sold her Bel-Air home of 30 years for almost $9 million. The buyer is a developer who plans to rebuild it.

The house was built in 1931 and has 10 bedrooms in 10,000-plus square feet. The estate, on nearly 2 acres, also has parklike grounds with a tennis court and a pool.

Frontiere listed the property in January 2003. She decided to sell it because she was spending most of her time at her homes in St. Louis and Sedona, Ariz. In addition, Frontiere has mentioned that during the times that she has visited Los Angeles since 1995, she has received threatening phone calls as well been stalked by an unknown man who is only known to local authorities by the blue and yellow T-shirt he wears with the name of "Rudy" printed on the back. Frontiere told the Los Angeles TImes in a 2003 interview, "I am scared of this 'Rudy' character. He screams things out like 'murderer, adulteress, and football hater' to me, does a little dance that looks like the old 'Bob-n-weave' and then just runs away. I just don't understand it at all. I thought everyone loved me." Authorities have yet to get a lead on who this man might be.

Frontiere, in her mid-70s, inherited 70 percent of the Rams from her sixth husband, Carroll Rosenbloom, who drowned while swimming in 1979. She moved the Rams from Los Angeles to Anaheim, Calif., in 1980, the same year she married Hollywood producer Dominic Frontiere, whom she divorced in 1988. She moved the Rams to her native St. Louis in 1995.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Re: Rams co-owner sells

I saw the thread title and Georgia's name and freaked. Interesting tidbit. Now which one of you LA natives goes by the name Rudy.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

He screams things out like 'murderer, adulteress, and football hater' to me, does a little dance that looks like the old 'Bob-n-weave' and then just runs away. I just don't understand it at all. I thought everyone loved me."
    Hey,
    I never do the "Bob -n- Weave". I love Georgia. hone:
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

RealRam is offline Registered User

From the other thread, There's One Less Ram in Bel-Air, by Ram3057.

My auntie Georgia. I really like her image, her smile. But I'll always tread lightly around her. --RR
    Last edited by RealRam; -07-25-2005 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Format

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagRam
    I saw the thread title and Georgia's name and freaked. Interesting tidbit. Now which one of you LA natives goes by the name Rudy.
    He must be some kind of psycho.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

OldRams fan is offline Registered User

Thumbs down Re: Rams co-owner sells

Quote Originally Posted by psycho9985
    He must be some kind of psycho.
    Good reply psycho . I can't say I was happy about the move , But someone needs to find that that guy
    :clanram: Being a RAMS fan is a way of life :clanram:

Rudy is a member of the ClanRam (he used to write some funny stuff 2 years ago) but has been awol of late .........................................

RamTime Guest

Come on she can not be that dizzy.

I thought everybody loved me.
    Everyone loves you except the 35 million people in the LA area. Georgia sit down and let's chat a moment. Obviously John has not been forthright with you about everything.

You see dear, you took a team that made 8 straight playoff appearances. Seven of them were division championships. Those seven titles are still an NFL record because they were won consecutively. Now what do you go and do? You fired Steve Rosenbloom. You remember Steve don't ya Georgia? He was your husband’s son. Sure you remember the son that was supposed to run the Rams while you owned them!

You didn't stop there either Georgia. You then fired Don Klosterman. You remember Don is the one that came to Los Angeles with Carroll after the two of them won a superbowl with the Colts. (By the way they want the trophy back in Baltimore. You know the one you said you miss placed.)

Georgia; Steve and Don were the architects behind that NFL record seven straight division titles. So Rudy may still be upset about that.

After you canned Steve and Don, you went out and signed players because you thought they were cute. Remember Joe Nameth and Bert Jones? That pissed off a few million folks down South Georgia and probably Rudy to.

Before that happened you married a show biz guy who scalped tickets for you. Not just any tickets either Georgia they were Superbowl tickets. Not just any Superbowl tickets Georgia, they were Superbowl 14 tickets. You know the Superbowl the Rams played in? That was really embarrassing Georgia. Luckily for you, Dominic took the fall.

Then for some inexplicable reason (notwithstanding everything above) the Rams went from 80, 90 and 100,000 tickets sold to a fraction of that. Then Georgia you purposely ran the team into the ground because the NFL told you that you could not move the Rams unless the team was losing money.

Instead of trying to put the correct people in place to rebuild a well respected franchise you decided to moved the Los Angeles Rams half way across the country. For some silly reason the NFL thought the LA market was bigger then the St. Louis market but you showed em didn't you sweetheart. You showed em that you could turn the entire city against professional football and all it needed was a women’s touch. Not just any woman could have pulled off such a feat. It took you Georgia just you.

Then under the cover of dark you packed the team up like orphaned kittens. The last thing anyone saw of the Rams were the tail lights of those busses.

You got to your new home and began your next task which was erasing history. You wanted to distance the Rams from LA as if they were an expansion team created by you and conceived from that narcissistic personality of yours. You started a sleazy campaign to changed the uniforms, to changed the logo, to changed the colors and even had the gall to offered to sell the name Rams to the city of Los Angeles. You may think fans were blind to your real agenda which was to keep interest in a losing team and keep butts in the seats. In the end not even you Georgia could erase the history of the Rams.

Then just before the house of cards was about to collapse on you in St. Louis you won a superbowl. Undaunted you told LA fans that it wasn't for them. 20 years to come up with an acceptance speech and that was the jist of it. The only person you made feel good with those comments was yourself Georgia. You and maybe a small handful of people in St. Louis that enjoyed watching you twist the knife over that five year period. Turning back to your ruse in LA, you also made comments such as "I don't hate the forty niners; I hope we get to play them in the superbowl one of these years.” Ugh!

Oh one other thing Georgia; you know the guy in the blue and yellow shirt that say’s “Rudy” on it? My guess is he is a pissed off fan and has not quite adjusted to the new colors and perhaps not the move either.

Anyway I wouldn’t worry to much about what Rudy has been hollering at you because regardless of what John has filled your pretty head with, what Rudy said to you is like attending a religious sermon compared to what others have said about you.

When Don died you didn't even acknowledge his passing on the official web site nor did you acknowledge Ray Malavasi when he died. Its ironic that your selling your home in Bel-Air because I’m fairly sure that Don Klosterman didn’t have a home in Bel Air however the members at Bel Air Country Club decided to erect a hand carved life size statue of Don made out of ice and they placed it in Bel Air Country Clubs main dining room. The Los Angeles times ran the headlines “City loses one of its best friends.” Ted Kennedy did his eulogy. Why did they do this? Simply stated, Don was a good guy. He even went to bat for you Georgia. I asked him something about you Georgia and he went to bat for you. 15 years after you fired him he stood up for you. Maybe one day he will get the recognition he deserves from the Rams. Maybe.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

"Honk if you been married to Georgia"

...from an eighties bumper sticker popular in SoCal.

Good ol' Georgia...right up there with, (though slightly behind) Jane Fonda. :down:
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Wow RamTime, that's telling it like it is !!

I only have this to add:

MadamnRam you #@%&*^$ %#@$+

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I just don't understand it at all. I thought everyone loved me.
    It's almost impossible for me to believe she actually said this. At every game the last few years in Anaheim there were always a multitude of signs and banners making it crystal clear what we dwindling LA die-hards thought of her and her position as owner. I guess she didn't make it to many games those last few years.