RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

[Rams.com]Ellard Presents Curtis with Award Honoring On and Off the Field Commitment

http://www.stlouisrams.com/article/53098/

Ellard Presents Curtis with Award Honoring On and Off the Field Commitment
    Friday, February 17, 2006

Rams receiver Kevin Curtis was honored by the St. Louis sports community with the “Commitment On and Off the Field” award at the 54th annual Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Sports Celebrity Dinner on Wednesday, February 15, 2006. Presenting Curtis with the award was Henry Ellard, Rams receivers coach and one of the elite receivers in NFL history.
    Curtis, who will enter his fourth NFL season in 2006, is quickly emerging as one of the team’s top offensive threats. In 2005, Curtis was the team’s second leading receiver with 60 receptions for 801 yards and six touchdowns. Perhaps Curtis’ most memorable 2005 moment was his 56-yard touchdown reception in overtime that completed the Rams 34-27 come-from-behind victory over Houston. The play displayed the world-class speed that has made him one of the fastest receivers in the NFL.

Off the field, he is also one of the top performers. His charitable efforts have benefited the Make-A-Wish Foundation, Children’s Hospital, Epilepsy Foundation, United Way, American Red Cross, St. Louis Area Foodbank, St. Louis Sports Commission and Boy Scouts. He has also participated in the Angel Tree Holiday Party benefiting underprivileged children and the Rams Reader Team that stresses the importance of literacy. In 2005, he hosted the Kevin Curtis KidTalk Celebrity Golf Tournament benefiting the Walker Scottish Rite Clinic for Childhood Disorders.

Curtis graduated from Utah State with a marketing degree after completing a Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints’ mission from 1998-1999.

“Looking at this year’s award recipients and winners from past years, I’m very flattered and humbled to be among such great company,” said Curtis. “When I heard that I would be receiving this award, I wanted to know more about the disease itself; and what I have learned is that while MS is one of the most mysterious diseases known, there is progress being made and hopefully through fundraising events such as this awards dinner, someday we will find a cure.”
    The MS Sports Celebrity Dinner, St. Louis’ premier sports dinner, benefits the National MS Society, Gateway Area Chapter and includes a silent and live auction featuring one-of-a-kind autographed sports memorabilia and entertainment packages, and a dinner awards presentation honoring the accomplishments of amateur and professional athletes from the St. Louis sports scene, as well as the leadership efforts of individuals associated with the St. Louis sports community. A committee of local sports media, professional sports representatives and corporate executives nominate and select the honorees.

Other awards winners at the 54th annual MS Sports celebrity Dinner included: Jamal Mayers (St. Louis Blues), David Eckstein (St. Louis Cardinals), Ed Macauley (NBA Hall of Famer), Missy Slay (2005 NCAA Men’s Final Four Executive Director), Kelly Chase (St. Louis Blues Alumni) and John Rawlings (The Sporting News).
    About Multiple Sclerosis

Multiple sclerosis is a chronic disease of the central nervous system. Its unpredictable symptoms can range from fatigue, numbness in the limbs, to more severe conditions such as loss of vision or paralysis, which come and go without warning or pattern. Most people with MS are diagnosed between the ages of 20 and 50; however, the physical and emotional effects are life-long. The progress, severity, and specific symptoms of MS in any one person cannot be determined, but advances in research and treatment are giving hope to those affected by the disease.

The Gateway Area Chapter supports local and national research initiatives, and offers direct programs and services to more than 5,000 people living with multiple sclerosis – as well as 35,000 others indirectly affected by this disease - in a 90-county service area covering the eastern half of Missouri and the southern third of Illinois. For more information on MS, the National MS Society and the Gateway Area Chapter, please call 1-800-FIGHT MS or (314) 781-9020, visit online at www.gatewaymssociety.org.

RamsFan16

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Re: [Rams.com]Ellard Presents Curtis with Award Honoring On and Off the Field Commitment

Yet another reason to like Curtis.

CanadianRam! is offline Registered User

Re: [Rams.com]Ellard Presents Curtis with Award Honoring On and Off the Field Commitment

good for him...i'll like him even more if he agrees to a reasonable contract.

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

Re: [Rams.com]Ellard Presents Curtis with Award Honoring On and Off the Field Commitm

Kevin Curtis is one of my favorite players probably because he runs a 4.3 40 and he is white.:O

Hodgins is offline Registered User

fastest white guy in football- an atlanta corner whos name escapes me

why the seahawks still envy the rams:tongue:

RealRam is offline Registered User

Curtis is a good man and most likely will become a better man as his speed declines.

I hope he has a great season with us this year -- he certainly has the tools and talent! :football: