39thebeast is offline Registered User

Rams Core players

In an interview with the NFL networks Steve Wyche Billy D said the Rams core players are Steven Jackson, Marc Bulger, and Alex Barron. He also said the Rams could go OT, WR, or maybe QB with the second overall pick. Check it out in the rams video gallery on NFL. com

Barron core player? Targetting a QB? He may be setting up some smoke screens or there may be some substance to this and we may be targeting Aaron Curry or Mark Sanchez then going tackle later.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Core players

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    In an interview with the NFL networks Steve Wyche Billy D said the Rams core players are Steven Jackson, Marc Bulger, and Alex Barron. He also said the Rams could go OT, WR, or maybe QB with the second overall pick. Check it out in the rams video gallery on NFL. com

Barron core player? Targetting a QB? He may be setting up some smoke screens or there may be some substance to this and we may be targeting Aaron Curry or Mark Sanchez then going tackle later.
    Darn 39, I saw this today at the gym and I was planning on sharing this with the clan, but I found it interesting too that Billy D stated that we were looking at perhaps a LB,WR and/or QB with the 2nd pick, and that we were also interested in trading the pick. But as you said this may all be mere fun and games to throw other teams off.

Also although it was brief I loved seeing coach out there coaching the guys & hearing guys like Ron & Chris comment on the energy and attention to detail shown in practice.

Now I can't help but wonder since coach Sprags knows him all to well.....do we sign Plax for a reduced price if he works a plea deal to go to prison after the season is over?
    Last edited by ManofGod; -04-03-2009 at 10:07 PM.

BEER is offline Registered User

I thought the same thing. But Plax is gone for a while.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    I thought the same thing. But Plax is gone for a while.
    Well at this time Plax is going to do atleast 3-4 months, but what his attorney will probally do is stretch this thing out so that A. plea is reached after the season or B. it goes to trial after the season.

Either way he's going to prison there is no getting around that.

If I had to pick 3 core players I probably would have said Steven Jackson, Chris Long, and Spoon

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Wow Alex Barron a core player??? That blows my mind! I just got really excited. I know its the time of lies and blowing smoke, but you don't just call someone your core player unless you plan on having him in your future plans. Wow. So by the blowing smoke logic, we are definitely targeting a linebacker. You don't mess with your players' heads, but you can throw positions around like candy. Maybe I'm reading this all wrong, but welcome to the Rams Aaron Curry!!!

ramsfan559 is offline Registered User

id say our core players are steven jackson ,chris long, adam carriker. and OJ atowge

rams#1 Guest

It's not really surprising that He would say that Alex Barron would be a Core Player. To me is sounds Like this Coaching staff is all about Motivation and getting the best out of certain players.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    Wow Alex Barron a core player??? That blows my mind! I just got really excited. I know its the time of lies and blowing smoke, but you don't just call someone your core player unless you plan on having him in your future plans. Wow. So by the blowing smoke logic, we are definitely targeting a linebacker. You don't mess with your players' heads, but you can throw positions around like candy. Maybe I'm reading this all wrong, but welcome to the Rams Aaron Curry!!!
    I get the excitement man, but we still have Adam Goldberg as a starting tackle, so there still is a huge need for a tackle. Also Barron this is Barrons Contract year and if he plays well will we pay him top dollar? and if he doesn't what do we have? Some questions we wont know the answers to for a while.

Aussie Dave is offline Registered User

i think barron should be a core player, he hasnt been fantastic but hes barely missed a game since he started, has held his place in the offensive line and is starting what is likely his most important season in the league.
    if he doesnt step up this year then let him go.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rams#1 View Post
    It's not really surprising that He would say that Alex Barron would be a Core Player. To me is sounds Like this Coaching staff is all about Motivation and getting the best out of certain players.
    Good point. I too would've said the same thing. We need Barron to bust his ass this year, what better way than to tell him that he is a core player? That feels nice to any of the players who receive that notice.

HOWEVER, I do not believe he deserves the Captain badge. If you want to go that route, it should be Bulger, Jackson and Witherspoon this year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Well yea Barron is a core player. LT is the most important piece of the O line. That O line is protecting 40 percent or more of the salary cap. That's why when you have the second pick in the draft and you have a very talented OT staring you in the face you draft one. Not a QB. Not a RB. Not even a MLB. You draft the OT to protect the money. Especially when the current core player i.e. Barron, is in a contract year.

itsguud is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    These statements that Billy has MADE in the past as well lead me to believe that Curry is our guy at #2. I'm with you on the assumption train here!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    If I had to pick 3 core players I probably would have said Steven Jackson, Chris Long, and Spoon
    Ummmmmmmmmm Marc Bulger anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Ummmmmmmmmm Marc Bulger anyone?
    I thought about it, but he is 31 and he coming off 2 bad seasons and I really wouldn't be shocked if we went QB early. I decided to go with the younger guys our building blocks.