Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Rams Cornerback Pleads Guilty To Reckless Driving

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Rams Cornerback Pleads Guilty To Reckless Driving

Rams cornerback pleads guilty to reckless driving
    The Associated Press 15 minutes ago..

MISSOULA, Mont. (AP) -- St. Louis Rams cornerback Trumaine Johnson has pleaded guilty to reduced charges of reckless driving and refusing a breath test and received a 90-day suspended jail sentence.

A drunken driving charge filed in March was dropped as part of a plea agreement with Missoula prosecutors that requires the former University of Montana football player to pay $800 in fines, make a $2,500 donation to the county DUI Task Force and enroll in an alcohol assessment class.

Police stopped Johnson's car around 2 a.m. March 22 because he was driving without headlights.

Attorney Paul Ryan says Johnson performed well on field sobriety tests and maintains he wasn't intoxicated. Johnson appeared in Municipal Court via conference call from St. Louis.

Ryan says the NFL required Johnson to enroll in its substance abuse program. He says Johnson apologizes for any embarrassment he caused the community, the Rams or his friends and family.

citr92 is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Cornerback Pleads Guilty To Reckless Driving

hope he learned
    ManofGod likes this.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Attorney Paul Ryan says Johnson performed well on field sobriety tests and maintains he wasn't intoxicated.
    i dont know, but if he "performed well" on a field sobriety test why would law enforcement require a breath test? Why dont they just go straight to the breath test and cut to the chase?
    Varg6 likes this.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Being drunk, not having your headlights on in the dark and not taking advantage of the NFL's "free ride" program for impaired shows me Trumaine Johnson isn't very smart and has a lot of growing up to do. He'd better have learned his lesson.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    i dont know, but if he "performed well" on a field sobriety test why would law enforcement require a breath test? Why dont they just go straight to the breath test and cut to the chase?
    Power trip, and because the cop has the authority to take away your rights if you disagree with him/her.

Sorry to those that are good people in law enforcement, but my experience says the above is true.

gap
    jjigga3000, chucknbob and ZiaRam like this.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

All that money and he doesnt have a car with automatic lights. Tisk tisk

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

I've driven at night, inadvertently, without headlights. Spent a lot of time stalking thru some unpopulated areas at night. You tend to get used to operating without a great deal of artificial light. On a night with a bright moon, getting in my car in a well lit parking lot........I've done this, again, inadvertently.

I don't know the specifics with him, but I do know that driving without lights on at night is a thing that officers look for when looking for drunk drivers. He apparently performed well on his FST, which doesn't say much (was it physical or Breathalyzer).

Kid pled guilty for his part and is going to attend some training to boot.

Make a mistake, pay for it, move on. Thank God nobody got hurt.

Oh........I was also pulled over. I was allowed to go my way though.
    Semper Fi!

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

It will be interesting to see how Fisher deals with this.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    Power trip, and because the cop has the authority to take away your rights if you disagree with him/her.

Sorry to those that are good people in law enforcement, but my experience says the above is true.

gap
    Amen, cops are douche bags that think they are Judge Dredd's incarnate... So sad how our society is now a days.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

As someone who has had family members personally impacted by a drunk driver, I find the comments shifting the blame to cops to be both offensive and outrageous. I've found that most people who complain about the police are people who don't do what they're supposed to do, get caught, then bellyache and re-direct the blame and look for technicalities along the way.

There are bad lawyers, bad doctors, bad teachers, bad construction workers, bad restaurant employees and yes, bad cops in our society. They should be identified and weeded out. But administering two different sobriety tests is not in any way unusual or uncalled for. Johnson is ENTIRELY AT FAULT. There is no excuse for and no defending drunk driving-PERIOD.
    Last edited by NJ Ramsfan1; -05-17-2013 at 08:35 AM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    Amen, cops are douche bags that think they are Judge Dredd's incarnate... So sad how our society is now a days.
    Hopefully there's no cops on this forum. They probably wouldn't appreciate the sentiment too much.
    AvengerRam likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    As someone who has had family members personally impacted by a drunk driver, I find the comments shifting the blame to cops to be both offensive and outrageous. I've found that most people who complain about the police are people who don't do what they're supposed to do, get caught, then bellyache and re-direct the blame and look for technicalities along the way.

There are bad lawyers, bad doctors, bad teachers, bad construction workers, bad restaurant employees and yes, bad cops in our society. They should be identified and weeded out. But administering two different sobriety tests is not in any way unusual or uncalled for. Johnson is ENTIRELY AT FAULT. There is no excuse for and no defending drunk driving-PERIOD.
    Agree to disagree. How do you know he was at fault? Were you there? I am NOT defending drunk driving. I am defending getting harassed by a cop who is on a power trip, or wants to enforce his own brand of judgment. I am someone that was NOT guilty, and was just passed by someone that WAS guilty, but the cop pulled me over because my occupation was an easier target, and I was easier to catch.[carriage return not working]gap
    jjigga3000, Tampa_Ram and ZiaRam like this.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

As NJ stated, there are good police officers, and bad police officers.

By contrast, getting behind the wheel of a car when you are intoxicated is ALWAYS wrong.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

I'm still trying to figure out why he refused a breath test if he wasn't intoxicated. If I was pulled over on suspicion of drunk driving, and I knew I wasn't intoxicated, I'd tell the cop to just give me the test so we could settle the issue, and both be on our way.

JustinHasAnAxe is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out why he refused a breath test if he wasn't intoxicated. If I was pulled over on suspicion of drunk driving, and I knew I wasn't intoxicated, I'd tell the cop to just give me the test so we could settle the issue, and both be on our way.
    He had been drinking and while it may not have been much, he didn't want to risk blowing over the legal limit.

There is a difference between drinking and becoming intoxicated. Smart people wont drive while walking that line.

To others: Stop defending him and attacking the police officer. Don't do anything illegal and there will be no problems. It's actually very simple.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast