Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Rams Cornerback Pleads Guilty To Reckless Driving

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Rams Cornerback Pleads Guilty To Reckless Driving

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHasAnAxe View Post
    He had been drinking and while it may not have been much, he didn't want to risk blowing over the legal limit.
    Of course he didn't, because he knew he was likely intoxicated. IMO, it was an admission of guilt.

OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    Amen, cops are douche bags that think they are Judge Dredd's incarnate... So sad how our society is now a days.
    What an incredibly ignorant blanket response. There are "douche bags" in all walks of life but to encompass all cops under the Judge Dredd flag is about as ridiculous as it gets. You obviously have no understanding or relationship with society at all. You must not be aware of the cops that put hard work and dedication into thorough investigations which result in the convictions of child abusers, rapists, thieves, and murderers; many of whom do so in the utmost respectful and professional manner. No, I'm not a cop, but yes, I deal with them everyday and very rarely do I feel the need to call any of them "douche bag," which is opposite of how I feel about you right now.
    Steve

What you see is what you get, but what you see depends on where you stand.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    As NJ stated, there are good police officers, and bad police officers.

By contrast, getting behind the wheel of a car when you are intoxicated is ALWAYS wrong.
    Nailed it.

Only on an Internet message board can a player plead guilty and apologize for his acts but it's the cop who pulled him over and arrested him who is the D-bag in this situation.

Good grief.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Hopefully there's no cops on this forum. They probably wouldn't appreciate the sentiment too much.
    well I hope I didn't hurt any of heir feelings, that would just break my heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolRamFan View Post
    What an incredibly ignorant blanket response. There are "douche bags" in all walks of life but to encompass all cops under the Judge Dredd flag is about as ridiculous as it gets. You obviously have no understanding or relationship with society at all. You must not be aware of the cops that put hard work and dedication into thorough investigations which result in the convictions of child abusers, rapists, thieves, and murderers; many of whom do so in the utmost respectful and professional manner. No, I'm not a cop, but yes, I deal with them everyday and very rarely do I feel the need to call any of them "douche bag," which is opposite of how I feel about you right now.
    You give me a sad face. You sir just typed a simple minded, self indulged novelty that fails in illuminating any significant ray of intelligence in conversing the nature of this progression of knowledge. Thesaurus.com FTW.....

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    You give me a sad face. You sir just typed a simple minded, self indulged novelty that fails in illuminating any significant ray of intelligence in conversing the nature of this progression of knowledge. Thesaurus.com FTW.....
    Your failure to realize and acknowledge your own ignorance is what was illuminated and is still readily apparent. Nothing more is necessary.
    Steve

LongTimeFan is online now Registered User

What he said.

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

Former 18 yrs officer/detective in the UK.

I reserve my right to comment on ZiaRams broad sweeping, ignorant, irrational, delusional, generalisations. I already know he thinks DUI is a 'nothing to worry about' offence.

In the UK, there are no daft dance routines (sobriety tests) at the roadside if alcohol is suspected. If an an officer has reasonable grounds to suspect you have been driving under the influence (erratic driving, intoxicants on breath, glazed eyes, slurred speech, unsteady on feet, etc...) then that's enough to get them to blow in the box. If there is no suspicion you cannot be asked to provide a specimen by the officer.

You will either be over the limit and arrested after you blow, or you won't be.

Lets hope Tru moves on and learns from this.

(....and with respect, I was never a receptacle for females to deposit there daily/monthlies in.)
    Last edited by UK Ramfan 83; -05-20-2013 at 04:15 AM.
    SWFCRAM and berg8309 like this.

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

The fact that you needed Thesaurus.com to respond to that really does say it all ZiaRam.

Truly truly one of the finest examples of an irrelevant, narrow mindedly pig ignorant, and attention seeking entry that I've seen on these boards in a while.

You can choose your friends but not your family they say (And they would be correct)

Its just such a shame that the Rams can't choose their fans.
    Last edited by UK Ramfan 83; -05-19-2013 at 09:06 AM.

supachump is online now Registered User

Your failure to realize and acknowledge your own ignorance is what was illuminated and is still readily apparent. Nothing more is necessary.
    Common sense. For the win.
    UK Ramfan 83 likes this.

RamsFanCK is offline Registered User

Wow, this debate is hilarious to me...especially since the dislike and prejudice towards law enforcement is simply an ignorant, rebellious, immature blanket covering all the fine officers in our fine country. By the logic of your statement I can deduce that you believe all black people eat watermelon, all Asians are good at math and bad at driving, and all white people love cheeseburgers....simply put your ignorance is not your bliss in this case...it is the source of your aggression and anger.

First of all, let me educate you on the history so societies on this planet we have dubbed Earth. There has always been a system of agreed upon rules to govern a social place....wether it be a nation or your local watering hole...this is done because, as we know, what is good for one is not good for all. Yes there have always been disagreements with these rules...and in other social systems you have no right or voice in the implementation or passing of these rules. However here in The U.S.A. you do. So here's what I can do for those of you who claim all officers of the law are "douche bags", I can give you some friendly advice.

You see throwing a hissy fit and name calling has never been a means to accomplish change....ever. What you can do is start a petition, a movement, or even write a letter to your local representative, that you of course either voted in or at least voted in the election of the aforementioned. These are progressive and intelligent ways to make your opinions known and heard, please do not resort to immature acts of aggression as these are not signs of a civilized person who is worthy of the great things our society has to offer.

Now do not misunderstand me, as with any group of people who wield power there are those who do it with dignity and respect and those who either have not ascertained those qualities or have simply been corrupted by the power they have been given. So in effect I'm saying there are good AND bad police men. No offense to UKRam. However there are good and bad people in all walks of life. I for one have great respect for those that choose to uphold the law and provided a sense of peace and security in our nation. It is a job that is met with resistance from those who lack respect for a person doing them a service, those who are rebellious, and of course criminals.

Please try to be an adult about this, because our society should not, and will not, be run by children. To break it down to your level though, I will part with this.....Grow up, learn your place and your ways to change it....or I will call the wambulance to drag your whiny little brat of an attitude away...thanks for reading....and as always...lets keep talking Rams football...and leave politics, political opinions, and ideas about societal systems to the forums where they belong....

btw I'm only 22....23 next Wednesday...and I had no need for a thesaurus to express myself.
    Last edited by RamsFanCK; -05-19-2013 at 03:15 PM.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Is this his only DUI or does he have another? First is usually free from Goodell's standpoint, but subsequent ones have a tendency to result in a suspension. And Goodell doesn't care if you plead it down, or get it dismissed because you made a donation to the police charity and do community service.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

I have no sympathy for people who drink and drive. There's a time to have fun intoxicated but when you need some sort of transportation, you best have some sort of designated driver. It's too bad we have a lot of egotistical idiots around here and as long as you have the money, it's easy to get away with just a slap in the wrist.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
    Your beat still laments the world

JPPT1974 is offline Registered User

Simple if you drink don't drive but if you drive don't drink. Choose a designated driver as most people overlook that!
    Rams 2014 Season!

Agrajag is offline Registered User

Having never been in that situation I have no idea how the law works, but if the officer truly suspected him of being intoxicated beyond the legal limit couln't/wouldn't he have forced the issue with the breath test?

I think we've all seen egomaniacs on both sides of the law. And I really do feel the frustration regarding the application of the legal system for the wealthy vs. rest of us. But I thought he'd only pleaded guilty to driving without his lights?
    Last edited by Agrajag; -05-20-2013 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrajag View Post
    Having never been in that situation I have no idea how the law works, but if the officer truly suspected him of being intoxicated beyond the legal limit couln't/wouldn't he have forced the issue with the breath test?
    I'll avoid turning this into a full fledged DUI clinic, but there's more to it than that. DUI laws do vary by state, but not as great as in this past since the Supreme Court has weighed in on some of the issues involved. Anyhow, most states do not have a forced draw unless there is a felony driving charged involved (accident with serious bodily injury or death). And again, in many, if not most states, the requirement that you "must" submit to a chemical test kicks in only after the officer has probable cause to believe that an individual is impaired or under the influence. The funny part is that "must" only means that if you don't submit then your license is automatically suspended for one year. Even if a test is taken and it shows over the limit there are still lots of intricacies which make it far from a "slam dunk"......and that is where the money part makes a big difference.
    Steve

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast