View Poll Results: Which Rams critics will have to eat the biggest plates of crow?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • The ones who characterize Jeff Fisher as a mediocre HC.

3 6.25%
  • The ones who think the Rams should have traded Sam Bradford, taken RGIII.

19 39.58%
  • The ones who think Saffold and Smith will fail at the OT spots.

1 2.08%
  • The ones who think Brian Quick was a reach.

3 6.25%
  • The ones who think that the 2011 draft class was a complete bust.

4 8.33%
  • The ones who think that "troubled" players like Jenkins and Johnson will damage the team.

5 10.42%
  • The ones who think the Niners will dominate the NFC West for years.

13 27.08%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Which Rams critics will have to eat the biggest plates of crow?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Which Rams critics will have to eat the biggest plates of crow?

The Rams have more than their share of critics. While that is not surprising, given recent struggles, eventually some of those critics will have to eat crow.

Which ones will have to eat the biggest helpings?

re: Which Rams critics will have to eat the biggest plates of crow?

I went with the Bradford option.

In fact, I'm going to make a bold statement here:

By the time the 2014 season rolls around, people who think RGIII is a better NFL QB than Sam Bradford will be known as "crazy people."

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Lots of excellent options. I went with the Whiners will dominate the West for years. NO WAY!!!!!
    lostsoul and molbio44 like this.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

I went with Saffold and Smith. They both played really well in the WCO in 2010, Then we went with that nutjob mcdaniels offense and it all went downhill. Im guessing they return to form in 2012, Plus having Scott Wells at center doesnt hurt.
    GROUND DOG 39 likes this.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Went with the ***** dominating, not happening.

My second option would have been the people who think this class was a bust. I think this class is going to go down as one of the best draft classes in recent Rams history.
    Fortuninerhater likes this.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I gotta go with Bradford. 2011 was an anomaly in his career. He's got all the tools, and will be excellent.
    GROUND DOG 39 likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    Went with the ***** dominating, not happening.

My second option would have been the people who think this class was a bust. I think this class is going to go down as one of the best draft classes in recent Rams history.
    For the sake of clarity, I should note that the option you are referring to is about the 2011 draft (Quinn, Kendricks, Pettis, Salas), not the 2012 draft.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Which Rams critics will have to eat the biggest plates of crow?

The ones who think the Rams should have traded Sam Bradford, taken RGIII.

When Bradford becomes an elite QB .... The Crow feast awaits.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP
    Those who keep harping on Jenkins, Johnson and Givens.
    On that subject, I have yet to read what Johnson's and Givens' red flags were?
    Anybody?
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post
    Those who keep harping on Jenkins, Johnson and Givens.
    On that subject, I have yet to read what Johnson's and Givens' red flags were?
    Anybody?
    Johnson was tazed after throwing a big party after a win.

Givens are more personality. Apparently he "thinks he is better than he is"

Iron Lion Guest

I'm a lifelong Lions fan, and my dad is a lifelong Rams fan so I end up seeing a lot of Rams games.

Maybe I will eat crow, but I do not see Bradford as an NFL-caliber QB.

Before I address that I will commend the Rams organization on trading out of the #2 spot because, for one, they absolutely fleeced the Redskins, and secondly, in my opinion, RGIII will bust.

But regarding Bradford, I've seen him in 4 games, and in those 4 games he has led an underwhelming total of 1 TD drive.

@ my Lions, his rookie year. Lost 6-44. Maybe this game just got away from him.

@ Seattle, week 17, his rookie year. Essentially a playoff game and he got outplayed by Charlie Whitehurst, who himself had a very bad game. The game was won for the Seahawks on the opening drive when Whitehurst overthrew a wide-open receiver who had to adjust for the ball and ended up getting tackled instead of getting a TD on the play, but it nevertheless set up a FG.

@ Giants, MNF, this last year. The infamous "someone go down" game. Sam leads the first TD drive I've ever seen, but overall is not very effective.

@ Seattle, Thursday Night Football. Sam plays on a bad ankle, gets nothing done. He might have led a TD drive here, I don't remember. I don't think he did.

In sum, he has 1 TD drive that I know of, but threw a pick six against my Lions which is a negative 1, so really he's at zero (of the games that I saw him in).

I've heard from everyone that he looks good as a QB. My dad says he looked really good in his rookie year. I also am aware that he was Offensive ROY and #2 ROY behind my Suh. In addition to this, his stats look decent for someone in in this stage of his career. But I simply have never seen anything out of him. So I guess I'm prepared to eat crow, but I'm also prepared to be hailed as correct if he busts in the NFL.

Also I have an unrelated question... this will sound like I'm trolling but I really am genuinely asking this out of interest of gathering opinions.

Last year, week 16, @ Pittsburgh. I remember the Rams were being shut out, something like 20-0, and around :30 was on the clock. The Rams had the ball in scoring position, with at least 2 timeouts. They ran a play, got tackled in bounds, and then the next thing I know I see Spags running onto the field to shake hands. My dad and I were in shock. They just accepted the shutout. They did not even bother to kick a FG.

Now this is something I can understand if perhaps the score is 31-7 and everything else is the same. But if you have the zero up on the board and you simply give up, I really don't understand that. Honestly, if I was the owner, I'd have fired him immediately after the game, before even leaving Pittsburgh, and then demanded an apology from him afterwards for making my team look like that.

When my dad was through the initial shock he felt from the situation, he was just shaking his head and said something like, "You do that, it means you have absolutely no fight in you. You can't be in the NFL if you have no fight in you."

As a Lions fan I've seen my share of horrible HCs. We had the infamous "I'll take the wind after winning the OT coin toss" move. So I can feel your pain, but I am still interested in what you all have to say about this.a

Ramendola16 is offline Registered User

This one is easy. I'm utterly disgusted by the rate at which people have jumped ship on Bradford. Heck, Aaron Rodgers couldn't have done crap with last year's offensive unit. I've watched plenty of tape, and when Bradford was upright for more than .8 seconds, he delivered the ball well. It may not happen this year, but I have no doubt Bradford will be one of the best at some point in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lion
    As a Lions fan I've seen my share of horrible HCs. We had the infamous "I'll take the wind after winning the OT coin toss" move. So I can feel your pain, but I am still interested in what you all have to say about this.a
    I think most of us around here agree that Spags' lack of fight/fire was his greatest downfall. Instances such as this aren't uncommon. It's probably the top reason as to why he was excused from the franchise.
    Last edited by Ramendola16; -05-10-2012 at 08:31 AM.

I would not trade Sam Bradford for Matt Stafford. I think that's all I need to say to our new Lion fan member.
    THOLTFAN81 and GROUND DOG 39 like this.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I would not trade Sam Bradford for Matt Stafford. I think that's all I need to say to our new Lion fan member.
    Though I will gladly trade Brandon Gibson for Calvin Johnson.
    My dad says he looked really good in his rookie year.
    Son, listen to your dad. Grown ups actually know more than most kids think.
    molbio44 likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lion View Post
    @ my Lions, his rookie year. Lost 6-44. Maybe this game just got away from him.

@ Seattle, week 17, his rookie year. Essentially a playoff game and he got outplayed by Charlie Whitehurst, who himself had a very bad game. The game was won for the Seahawks on the opening drive when Whitehurst overthrew a wide-open receiver who had to adjust for the ball and ended up getting tackled instead of getting a TD on the play, but it nevertheless set up a FG.

@ Giants, MNF, this last year. The infamous "someone go down" game. Sam leads the first TD drive I've ever seen, but overall is not very effective.

@ Seattle, Thursday Night Football. Sam plays on a bad ankle, gets nothing done. He might have led a TD drive here, I don't remember. I don't think he did.

In sum, he has 1 TD drive that I know of, but threw a pick six against my Lions which is a negative 1, so really he's at zero (of the games that I saw him in).
    You also saw what were potentially Bradford's 4 worst possible games to see. If you'd watched all his games (And I wouldn't expect you to) you'd see a lot more. You'd see a QB hitting receivers in the numbers, and balls falling to the ground. You'd see a QB going the first 5 (or was it 6?) games of a season with garbage for receivers, a line that couldn't block, and a new complicated offense that wasn't clicking, yet was still somehow throwing good balls, and didn't throw an interception.

Bradford set rookie records (Which were soon broken) his rookie year for a reason, and it wasn't because he isn't an NFL caliber QB. You don't walk into the league without NFL skill and break Peyton Mannin's records. Just because Newton then came in and broke them doesn't mean that suddenly Bradford's accomplishment is relegated to the rubbish bin, and what he did means nothing. Last year was an abberation, and that ankle is what killed him after the injury, he couldn't plant well enough to throw, and he clearly had lost confidence in his receiver's ability to catch his passes.

Watch a few more games tho, you've literally watched the worst of the group, and I'll bet we could pull 4 Matthew Stafford games that make him look like a QB who isn't worthy to play in the NFL, you gotta watch some of the good games too.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast