Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    rams2061 Guest

Re: Rams Cut Stanley, Sign WR/KR Amendola

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Hey great original well thought out post. Yeah they can cut Bulger and then the GREAT Kyle Boller who tore it up in Baltimore can come in and start. After all the great Boller wasnt released cause he sucks it was like a Phillip Rivers Drew Brees thing right. They just had to let one go because they couldnt pay two great qb's in Baltimore. (sarcasm off) You guys that keep bringing up Bulger in every thread have not watched one game this year. Bulger is far from the problem on this team, but hey you people will get your wish and we will be starting guys like Boller next year. Be careful what you wish for i.e Kurt Warner was washed up in St. Louis too, now look at him. All the Rams troubles back then were Warners fault too. Sure lets go make the same mistake twice. It would be better for Bulger anyway at least maybe he'd go to a team that had an o-line and some experienced wr's so he could succeed just like Warner did.

The way Bulger has played the last few years, I'd take my chances with Boller. If Warner had been playing behind this OL, the Rams would scored a lot more than 7 points in 2 games. And yes, they can cut Bulger, but they won't because of that ridiculous contract they gave this has been.
    Last edited by rams2061; -09-24-2009 at 10:00 AM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Topic: Amendola

Not the topic: Bulger

Keep it on track or get deleted.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Was Stanley another one of Linehan's guys?

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Was Stanley another one of Linehan's guys?
    Yes. A 7th rounder in '07, I believe.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

viper is offline Registered User

I'm excited to see what Amendola can do. Let's face it, our return game has been below average for quite a while now. There was really nothing to look forward to there. You just hoped whoever was back there would hold onto the ball and get a few yards. This kid just may have the juice to make our return game a strength. Of course, we have to get him on the field with some reps to see if he's for real. But, on those clips it looks like he has the moves and elusiveness that the position requires to be effective. I had high hopes for Stanley as a receiver the last two years. But, he hasn't done anything to make me think that Amendola can't be just as effective in the passing game if not more. I think it's a great move.

Spags and Devaney haven't steered us wrong yet in my opinion. And its the tough decisions like this that need to be made to get this team back into contention. I can't wait to see him on the field.

Go Rams!!!

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

How do you guys think Amendola will fair at WR? Will he be seeing anytime at that position as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmedrams81 View Post
    How do you guys think Amendola will fair at WR? Will he be seeing anytime at that position as well?
    I think he might do well. He could be a Welker type slot receiver in my opinion.

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I think he might do well. He could be a Welker type slot receiver in my opinion.
    Awesome, I can't wait to see him play on the field as well as when they release a roster update in madden with him.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

We have little or nothing to lose, so let's see what this guy can deliver. At least we're not faced with a FO that stands pat on players hoping they will become something they are not remotely capable of. I'm trusting the talent evaluations of Devaney and Spags, right now.

Go Rams!

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rams2061 View Post
    And yes, they can cut Bulger, but they won't because of that ridiculous contract they gave this has been.
    Right now they can't cut Bulger. It would put them over the cap.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

I think its a non issue. I don't think Stanley or this guy will be a big impact player. Both have the chance to be slightly below average IMO. As for the Wes Welker comparison there are many players you could compare their type of game to be like Wes Welker but how many real Wes Welkers are really out there. From the video highlights it looks like he has decent speed, average to slightly above average moves, but it looks like he is easy to bring down. Granted that is what I saw on the few highlights I have seen.

Lange is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rams2061 View Post
    The way Bulger has played the last few years, I'd take my chances with Boller. If Warner had been playing behind this OL, the Rams would scored a lot more than 7 points in 2 games. And yes, they can cut Bulger, but they won't because of that ridiculous contract they gave this has been.
    Dude please find another thread for this its off topic. And no they wont cut Bulger because they aren't out their minds and know all the problems just aren't him and we are making strides. Take chances with Boller? Boller is a solid backup but no where near the answer Marc is the starter and thats how it is. Also you can't make that assumption that Wanrer would do better under this o-line you have no idea.

Ok case closed, not the right thread to discuss this.

DocYahoo is offline Registered User

Personally after watching last season's Hard Knocks, I'm very excited about Amendola. Based on a few episodes of Hard Knocks, Amendola looks like a very hard working guy who will do everything he can to be outstanding.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Unless Welker is deceptively faster than he appears on tv, I don't think Amendola has the same speed or burst as Welker. However, he does have the same tenacity.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234