Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Re: Are the Rams cutting Bruce to get a big name player on defence

Sorry rb, but Holt and Curtis make the decision to cut Isaac after he'd turned down $5 mil next year even more understandable. Fact remains is that for us he's a No.2 or maybe even 3 WR and you don't pay those guys $8 mil.

I'm disappointed in Ike and his agent, not so much in trying to get as much as they could but for making it appear that this was going to be a cakewalk and then turning their noses up at what was a fair offer.

If Ike wants to retire a Ram he will.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang
    Sorry rb, but Holt and Curtis make the decision to cut Isaac after he'd turned down $5 mil next year even more understandable. Fact remains is that for us he's a No.2 or maybe even 3 WR and you don't pay those guys $8 mil.

I'm disappointed in Ike and his agent, not so much in trying to get as much as they could but for making it appear that this was going to be a cakewalk and then turning their noses up at what was a fair offer.

If Ike wants to retire a Ram he will.
    Well besides the contract problems it's not realistic to call Bruce an overall #3. There are many teams where he would be the #1, some teams he would be the #2 and a couple where he would be the #3. He still has #1 or #2 talent.

Put Bruce on the Eagles, he's the number 1 guy, Falcons same thing. I just think some people are really selling him short by saying he's just a #3, I'm not sure Curtis has done enough to just be given the #2. But it's a moot point if we lose Bruce. If they had to compete for the #2 slot my money is on Bruce.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    The backhanded compliments about Austin Davis are amusing.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by rambruce
    Now he's only a #3? Cmon be real. He could still be the #1 guy for a lot of teams.
    If you will check the other thread on this subject, you will notice that I said on two different occasions that there are teams where Bruce would be the #1 receiver. There are a plethora of teams where he would be the #2 receiver. However, for the 2006 Rams, he would be the #3 receiver.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Well besides the contract problems it's not realistic to call Bruce an overall #3. There are many teams where he would be the #1, some teams he would be the #2 and a couple where he would be the #3. He still has #1 or #2 talent.

Put Bruce on the Eagles, he's the number 1 guy, Falcons same thing. I just think some people are really selling him short by saying he's just a #3, I'm not sure Curtis has done enough to just be given the #2. But it's a moot point if we lose Bruce. If they had to compete for the #2 slot my money is on Bruce.
    RB, I think you're misreading some people here.....me, for one. Bruce is still a #1 or #2 for a lot of teams, nobody is disputing that and nobody has said otherwise. However, here he is the #3 receiver. A 27-year-old Isaac Bruce is better than a 27-year-old Kevin Curtis.....no doubt in my mind. However, a 33-year-old Isaac Bruce coming off injury is not as good as a 27-year-old Kevin Curtis.

I still think Bruce will be back with the Rams after a few points get ironed out. However, he will be back as a #3.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

However, for the 2006 Rams, he would be the #3 receiver.
    That's a bold statement Hub. I just don't see Curtis beating Ike out for the #2 spot unless Curtis has mastered running routes like Bruce. Curtis may be faster, but the Rev. still has the moves.
    I do agree that the offer the Rams made is pretty good; it's all on Ike and his agent now if he wants to remain a Ram.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

That's a bold statement Hub.
    Some would even call it blasphemous.

viper is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68
    That's a bold statement Hub. I just don't see Curtis beating Ike out for the #2 spot unless Curtis has mastered running routes like Bruce. Curtis may be faster, but the Rev. still has the moves.
    I do agree that the offer the Rams made is pretty good; it's all on Ike and his agent now if he wants to remain a Ram.
    I would have to agree about the #2 spot for Isaac. Barring injury, I see no reason that Bruce wouldn't be lined up with Holt as our starting receivers under normal circumstances in 2006.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by viper
    I would have to agree about the #2 spot for Isaac. Barring injury, I see no reason that Bruce wouldn't be lined up with Holt as our starting receivers under normal circumstances in 2006.
    If Bruce is actually on the team then I agree 100%
    The backhanded compliments about Austin Davis are amusing.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Only word on Glover right now hopefully we hear more on who we are going after.
    RamsFan16

Varg6 is offline Registered User

We can still get Bruce back correct? They did say they're undergoing something, they do want something done right? I really want him back, I'm so upset over this

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Bruce is still a 1000 Yard rec. for the next three years,as long as he doesnt get hurt.Now that turf toe he aquired last year never goes away and I'm sure the Rams are worried about that,but I think they should trust Isaac on the matter.He is a reverend you know.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12