Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rams D

Arrow Rams D

OK, wow what a game, Rams O came good when it had to, although the second half slump was sad. Coach needs to keep them in the game and never did it. I put that on his head.

Now the Rams D stepped up when it had to and took that ball away from them. Unfortunatly with the Rams O scoring so soon it showed us just what we have on our Rams D. A lot of heart but not enough talent.

I am not pointing fingures at any one player, I will leave that to those who revel in that task. What I am saying here is that we are still a year away from making this D any good. Shoot it might take 2 to get the talent level up but one thing is for certain, we are going to have to score a lot more points than we thought we would

Go Rams

mjwhitay is offline Registered User

Re: Rams D

I'm not the type to pound a guy when he's down, but I think you're 100% correct on this one. They do play hard and with a lot of emotion, but the talent isn't quite there.

Horrible to think what might happen in Seattle with Alexander, Stevens, and Engram back in the lineup.

Fun game though. I think they'll be a legitimate dogfight for this division for a few years to come.... starting next year.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Agree Bro!! There is plenty of work to do on that side of the ball. It is too bad it was neglected for so many years. We might be looking at something totally different.

P.S.--I am still not going to count them out of this season yet.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Most evident from the Rams D today is that it was inconsistent. :x Clearly.

At times much too porous, allowing Sawks RBs big and/or frequent gains.

I trust we will get up from this defeat with VENGEANCE!
    Last edited by RealRam; -10-15-2006 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Spelling

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

This seems to be the story of the Rams defense all year. Come up big only when you have to. How many times have we seen a clutch fumble recovery, clutch sack, key interception... but they've come after a long sustained drive in which we give up a lot of yards?

We shut the run down in the first half, and I don't know if we were simply expecting them to come out in the second and air it out or what, but it seemed like our second half run defense vanished. We had some great pressure toward the end of the first half, but where was the pressure in the second half when we needed it? Three first half sacks, one second half sack.

The biggest problem for this team is consistency. We need to stop showing flashes here and there and instead just turn the lightswitch on and leave it there. It's a first year team so there's growing that needs to be done, but as Dez said, it's a talent issue as well.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

No doubt the defense is going to continue to have growing pains, but what a group of never say die warriors. They take "bend but don't break" to a new level. I love the fact that they never give up and fight to the last moment. I've got to believe they'll get better as the season moves on.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Agreed, we really are very inconsistent on defense. It really kills me watching them play. Ya know...these guys say they don't want to be a Defense where they want to hold a team to 48, and just let the O score 50. But...that's sorta how they're playing, they sure as hell did most of the second half. And its great to have a D that comes up big at the end, but meanwhile this is a D that also gives away lots of points. So in the end, it still sorta is the same ol' rams team. Kinda scary...I agree though, I think it'll take a year or two to even have a very talented defense.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

bruce4life is online now Registered User

its a bend but dont break mentality. Lovie Smith defenses here also gave up quite a bit of yards but when they needed a key turnover they got it. This ballclub is on the verge of being an elite ballclub again there's just no number one legitimate corner on this team. that is what we are missing

chiguy is offline Registered User

We need a safety and another pass rusher in the worst way. The WORST way.

sprtsmac is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    This ballclub is on the verge of being an elite ballclub again there's just no number one legitimate corner on this team. that is what we are missing
    I hope that number one corner was drafted this year. If not that was a bad pick. But I'm not going to go there because I don't expect Hill to be a number one this year. Our D is more than a corner away from being an elite ball club. If anything I would say we are some defensive linemen away.
    Sprtsmac :football:

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

I can tell you one thing, our D is missing Fakhir Brown more than you think.
    RamsFan16

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    I never thought I'd say this too, but we really are missing him. I didn't think he'd be such a great addition.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RamFan_Til_I_Die is online now Registered User

I couldn't agree more. I have been very impressed with him and Atogwe. I has Brown on one of my fantasy teams until he got hurt, at which point I gtot Atogwe. They are both looking pretty good and can't wait to get them back playing together soon.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Add me to the list, damn good point. I hope he's ready for the Charger game.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Add me to the list, damn good point. I hope he's ready for the Charger game. -- R8rh8rmike
    Ditto here, 16! :r

Bye week should be -- or rather, will hopefully be -- enough to get Brown back. Chargers seem to have a balanced air / ground attack and we'll need our secondary manned with the best, even if not at their best health wise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast