Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Rams Defense Already Looks Better

Article here

Rams Defense Already Looks Better
    created: 6/11/2006 5:18:43 PM
    updated: 6/11/2006 5:19:51 PM

Scott Linehan may be an offensive minded guy, but he didn't forget about building a better defense for the Rams.

"We're much more talented I think is a good place to start but we're veteran-like and there's just a good feeling over there. I think they've developed a lot of confidence this offseason," says Linehan.

Pisa Tinoisamoa lived through the low points. The Rams ranked 30th in overall defense, 28th against the run, and 22nd against the passing game last season. There's a lot of room for improvement, but he's seeing already.

"There's a lot of stuff we installed and guys just absorbed it and responded well to it and I think the coaching staff likes that. They told us we're going to have a lot on our plate and how we respond is where we're going to take it. We responded well and put in a lot of stuff. Its going to show on the field," says Pisa Tinoisomoia

This defense maybe in the early stages but these players believe they can go from one of the worst to possible one of the top 10 in the league.
    "I think we can be real good. We can be in the top 5," says Fakhir Brown.

Fakhir Brown is doing more than just talking, he's helping his teammates learn the system. Haslett brought the cornerback over from New Orleans because of his experience. Fahkir says his teammates are quick learners.

"They're really picking it up real fast. I've been around a lot of guys, this is my 5th year in this defense this defense is really difficult to pick up. Everybody's been picking it up fast," says Brown.

"Communication is key and flying to the ball, playing relentless. I think we're a team that has the potential to be very good," says Corey Chavous.

RamsFan16

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Defense Already Looks Better

That is great to hear, but in the end, we do have to stop reading these articles and say how much better we will be this year. We don't know what is going to happen, its great to read about positive things about our team but I think in the end, low expectations give you a better reward. Because if we start thinking we're gonna be great from these articles, and then we do bad like last year, we'll all be disappointed...we gotta give this Linehan "scheme" a little break and let them get a year in..

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Can't wait till preseason; I have a feeling that the D will be much improved. Hell, all they have to do is tackle and they will be 99% better.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

general counsel is offline Registered User

I agree 100% with VARG. I dont see how we can look better in any way that materials based on a few practices or articles we read. I will believe that we are improved when two things happen. First, we are able to tackle consistently in a regular season game, which includes an ability to stop the run. Second, when i see us get to the qb consistently without blitzing. I dont mean sacks on every play of course, i just mean pressure on the qb, something that is a MAJOR issue for this defense.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

I will say this. Just the mere fact that Marmie is not here any longer says this defense will be better. Last year New Orleans Defense was ranked 14, So that tells me the system does work. I personally think that the Rams D has better personnel than NO has. So them thinking that they can be a top 10 is not far off. They drafted how they needed to. Our schedule is full of RB's this year, so we beefed up our inside Line, added a MLB that doesn't have to leave the game when teams go into spread formation, and we have depth and competition at DB, which is something we lacked last year.

I believe our defense just has rank around 10 to get us in the playoffs, because of the potent offense we have.
    Last edited by jjigga3000; -06-12-2006 at 06:00 PM.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

ZONE Blitzing Pittsburgh Steeler Style !!!!!!!!!!!

That's the ticket !!!

:clanram:

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Pisa was on Channel 4 last night being interviewed by Savard. He said last year the defense was much easier to understand but everyone was on a different page. He said when the LBs thought the d-line was going to do something, they didn't. When the D-line thought the LBs were doing something, they didn't. He said it was very frustrating the style of coaching because they made it more complicated than it needed to be.

He said this year it's fun because it's more complicated but everyone is hearing the same stuff and is on the same wavelength.

They did look confused most of the time last year.

coy bacon is offline Registered User

I've now looked at two stupid posts in a row. So, the Ram's D looks better... what'd they do... hire a hair stylist?

Can the stylist play LB?

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Like I've said before, it's easy to be better than last years defense. It's kind of like improving a bad haircut, how can it get worse than bad?

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by coy bacon
    I've now looked at two stupid posts in a row. So, the Ram's D looks better... what'd they do... hire a hair stylist?

Can the stylist play LB?
    Are you saying I made a stupid post? Cause I don't see you making any statements just flaming people.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0
    ZONE Blitzing Pittsburgh Steeler Style !!!!!!!!!!!

That's the ticket !!!

:clanram:
    thats lovely and all...but we're not the Pittsburgh Steelers

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Markman35 is offline Registered User

Bringing in Haslett was a good move and should point our defence in the right direction. We know about Haslett's aggressive demeanor when approaching defence. Plus, coaching a former player in Fakhir Brown gives us an experienced corner who will fight for a starting spot.

coy bacon is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000
    Are you saying I made a stupid post? Cause I don't see you making any statements just flaming people.
    Jigga, if I thought you made a stupid post and wanted to comment, I'd say "Jigga made a stupid post" or something similar. I'd probably do it in a condescending and mocking fashion, and I'd probably not use the word stupid.

I'm saying that the "journalist" who stated that the Rams' D looks better wrote something stupid.

Sorry for the confusion. I don't think anyone on this board is stupid. Some of the people on this board have truly impressed me with their dedication, knowledge, creativity, intelligence, and wit.

I do think we all say and post stupid things at times.

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

The key to our whole season is jimmy kennedy. If he can play well, then everything else will fall into place.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

sounds promising lets hope its true

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast