throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    btimsah Guest

Re: Rams Developing Identity

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang View Post
    Its not about ignoring Bulger, its about not ignoring everybody else because you feel the need to vent about Bulger all the time.

Whilst most of us (including Bulger himself) accept that Bulger has to step up this season, we're not quite convinced that he's quite the team-killing Jonah that you consistently make him out to be. Its fairly hard to interpret your comments any differently.

You misplaced your emphasis when you stated that Bulger would be instrumental in defining the west-coast offence. This thread was about the Rams as a team developing an ethos, an identity, which some of us have been praying they'd do for some time now. Bulger will undoubtedly be a part of that team and as our QB part of developing that identity but again, you're focusing on him to the exclusion of everything else.

I want to see a football team that hits hard, plays to the whistle, runs the ball and has a defence that can win games on its own and set the tone of a game in our own dome.

Bulger,Boller or Berlin trying to force the ball in order to 'make' something (usually the wrong thing) happen isn't on that menu. Can't imagine its on Shurmurs or Spagnuolo's either.

I think we're headed the right way.
    Hah, it's funny you say that. I remember a commentator in one of our games asking a coach - Would you rather have a QB that throws a lot of touchdowns and interceptions, or one that throws little of either? The coach, I think it was Ditka or Parcells? chose more touchdowns. I agree. We need a QB who takes chances. Last year tho, Bulger had more picks than touchdowns. But back to the post at hand. I certainly don't view anything I wrote as being unreasonable...

The post was largely about the improvements we've seen on offense. However, the improvements we've seen on offense have been without Bulger playing. So it was entirely fair to bring him up. LOL

The problem here is not my mention of Bulger, it's your (and others) over sensitive feelings about him. I am not the unreasonable one here.

I do agree that our defense is doing better at developing a new identity. We were only missing Cariker, too. But I am going to wait on the offense before I orgasm over a pre-season offense led by our backup who'll be on the bench, game one.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by btimsah View Post
    If we see that crap again, I pray that Spags has the fortitude to pull him. I do not want to sit through another season, ruined by a gun shy QB.
    It's a rather odd situation, when on a forum dedicated to the Rams it's "risky" to bring up the starting QB's name for fear of differing opinions. It's unreasonable to think we can discuss the ability of this team, and/or their new identity without it including our QB who's been struggling as of late.
    The problem here is not my mention of Bulger, it's your (and others) over sensitive feelings about him. I am not the unreasonable one here.
    You are free to voice whatever opinion you want, as is any other member. People are going to disagree periodically with what you have to say and sometimes why you say it. I'm sure there will be times when you do the same. That's just the way it is.

As to your statements on Bulger, the backlash has nothing to do with sensitive feelings. The problem is obvious from reading many of the replies. People get tired of the same repetitive, redundant, worn out points and criticisms that get repackaged and posted again and again and again. It often seems like a crusade. Hasn't it all been said?

You could possibly be right about Bulger, but at this point, shouldn't he be given the opportunity to prove it one way or the other? There will be plenty of chances to discuss the subject, after he's played a few games.

But.....if you feel compelled to keep reminding us, that is your right. Don't be surprised though if you get some challenges.

diehard99 is offline Registered User

1o preseason games in a row without first string touchdown -- unti Boller started that is. Check out some of the other starting QB's stats for the pre season - this is why we still question Bulger's abilities apart from the o-line.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by diehard99 View Post
    1o preseason games in a row without first string touchdown -- unti Boller started that is. Check out some of the other starting QB's stats for the pre season - this is why we still question Bulger's abilities apart from the o-line.
    Matt Hasselbeck:
    71.7% completion, 7.8 average, 111.7 QB Rating, 1 interception

Tom Brady:
    61.9% completion, 7.3 average, 106.0 QB Rating, 1 inteception

Jay Cutler:
    63.6% completion, 7.5 average, 92.0 QB Rating, 1 interception

Tony Romo:
    70.2% completion, 7.5 average, 90.1 QB Rating, 1 interception

Donovan McNabb:
    60.7% completion, 7.0 average, 85.7 QB Rating, 1 interception

Marc Bulger:
    100% completion, 19.3 average, 118.8 QB Rating, 0 interceptions

looks like Marc has blown them all out of the water

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Number of times Bulger's name was mentioned in the article: 0
    Number of times Bulger's name has been mentioned in discussion of the article: 36
    (excluding quotes)

I think the point here was supposed to be about attitude, priorities, and bringing the team together to work toward common goals. Whether the offense rolls with Bulger behind center or not, it at least seems like the team is making progress in terms of coming together as a team. Last season, it often seemed like they felt lost out there. No one knew what to do to right the ship.

btimsah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Matt Hasselbeck:
    71.7% completion, 7.8 average, 111.7 QB Rating, 1 interception

Tom Brady:
    61.9% completion, 7.3 average, 106.0 QB Rating, 1 inteception

Jay Cutler:
    63.6% completion, 7.5 average, 92.0 QB Rating, 1 interception

Tony Romo:
    70.2% completion, 7.5 average, 90.1 QB Rating, 1 interception

Donovan McNabb:
    60.7% completion, 7.0 average, 85.7 QB Rating, 1 interception

Marc Bulger:
    100% completion, 19.3 average, 118.8 QB Rating, 0 interceptions

looks like Marc has blown them all out of the water
    0 touchdowns. We'll see. That's all I'm saying. I am taking a wait and see approach with this QB.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12