Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29

Thread: Rams-Dolphins

  1. #1
    huck1974 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    missouri
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0

    Rams-Dolphins

    Growing up in south Florida but now residing in Springfield, Missouri, I'm a bit torn, but I have to go with my childhood team. I hope it is a good close game with plenty of excitement and no injuries. Is it possible that Trent Green will be playing? That would make things interesting.

    I am driving up and staying at the rennaissance next to the stadium. Can you guys recommend some good entertainment close to where I am staying?
    Maybe some live music?

    Thanks!

    I hope things go well for both clubs the rest of the year. I know how you guys feel after last year. A couple of wins will make it better.


  2. #2
    CaliGirlRamsFan's Avatar
    CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bay Area CA
    Posts
    899
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Rams-Dolphins

    Quote Originally Posted by huck1974 View Post
    Growing up in south Florida but now residing in Springfield, Missouri, I'm a bit torn, but I have to go with my childhood team. I hope it is a good close game with plenty of excitement and no injuries. Is it possible that Trent Green will be playing? That would make things interesting.

    I am driving up and staying at the rennaissance next to the stadium. Can you guys recommend some good entertainment close to where I am staying?
    Maybe some live music?

    Thanks!

    I hope things go well for both clubs the rest of the year. I know how you guys feel after last year. A couple of wins will make it better.
    Thanks for your class. There are many people here that can recommend some good places. Stay tuned till this evening when most come on board.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

  3. #3
    Ski_Money's Avatar
    Ski_Money is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Rams-Dolphins

    I feel your pain. I was born and raised Miami Dolphins, but I also am a habitual Marc Bulger fantasy drafter. He earned me some serious $$$ in 05 and 06, then rode the pine in 07 behind Tommy Boy, and this year behind Brett. He just too good to not have. When the Rams are up, they seem to be way up. Like wise going down sadly. I always enjoyed watching the Rams play because of that prolific offense they.. had. While I'll still be rooting for the Dolphins, I won't be screaming at the TV the way I do for the Patriots, Jets ect... I hope it's a good, entertaining, fist free game (we had a bad experiance with the latter).

    For you Rams fans, don't be too worried. We have a bad habbit of playing down to our opponants. We almost lost to the Raiders...

  4. #4
    makersncoke's Avatar
    makersncoke is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    mo
    Age
    47
    Posts
    659
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Rams-Dolphins

    Quote Originally Posted by huck1974 View Post
    Growing up in south Florida but now residing in Springfield, Missouri, I'm a bit torn, but I have to go with my childhood team. I hope it is a good close game with plenty of excitement and no injuries. Is it possible that Trent Green will be playing? That would make things interesting.

    I am driving up and staying at the rennaissance next to the stadium. Can you guys recommend some good entertainment close to where I am staying?
    Maybe some live music?

    Thanks!

    I hope things go well for both clubs the rest of the year. I know how you guys feel after last year. A couple of wins will make it better.
    Check out the Landing which is on the riverfront, real close to where you are staying lots of bars and always some live music. Also there are places on Washington, Jefferson and Tucker that have music. Need a cab to go to those but the riverfront is within walking distance from your hotel. If adult entertainment is what you want 5 mins from you hotel in ILL is where you want to be. Worth the trip.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #5
    bigredman's Avatar
    bigredman is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    El Paso, Texas
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,815
    Rep Power
    61

    Re: Rams-Dolphins

    Big Daddy's is a hot spot. I'm not kidding, the Saturday before the game that place was 3 chicks to 1 dude (of course word had gotten out that I was there). We used to hang at the Fiesty Bulldog, but that was closed due to flood damage when we were there for the BASH in September. Just head down to second and first streets and you'll find plenty of places to party and eat. It's about a five minute walk to, 30 minutes back (uphill and drunk).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #6
    makersncoke's Avatar
    makersncoke is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    mo
    Age
    47
    Posts
    659
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Rams-Dolphins

    Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    Big Daddy's is a hot spot. I'm not kidding, the Saturday before the game that place was 3 chicks to 1 dude (of course word had gotten out that I was there). We used to hang at the Fiesty Bulldog, but that was closed due to flood damage when we were there for the BASH in September. Just head down to second and first streets and you'll find plenty of places to party and eat. It's about a five minute walk to, 30 minutes back (uphill and drunk).
    (of course word had gotten out that I was there) LOL that's friggin classic man, your killin me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #7
    SFCRamFan's Avatar
    SFCRamFan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Ft Walton Beach, Florida
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,005
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: Rams-Dolphins

    Quote Originally Posted by makersncoke View Post
    (of course word had gotten out that I was there) LOL that's friggin classic man, your killin me.

    Hey, he's a legend in his own mind, just ask him....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

  8. #8
    CaliGirlRamsFan's Avatar
    CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bay Area CA
    Posts
    899
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Rams-Dolphins

    He really was there and called me from there. I don't know about the 3 on one, but he kinda got lost and wound up there alone.

    I don't think we will ever know the whole story,lol.

    Also check out a Casino boat, they are typically rather fun and you can shuttle to them.

    Also, lean on the arch and take a cool pick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

  9. #9
    makersncoke's Avatar
    makersncoke is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    mo
    Age
    47
    Posts
    659
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Rams-Dolphins

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirlRamsFan View Post
    He really was there and called me from there. I don't know about the 3 on one, but he kinda got lost and wound up there alone.

    I don't think we will ever know the whole story,lol.

    Also check out a Casino boat, they are typically rather fun and you can shuttle to them.

    Also, lean on the arch and take a cool pick.
    This may sound kind of stupid but I don't think they let you stand near the Arch or even touch it anymore after 9-11. Might be wrong though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #10
    CaliGirlRamsFan's Avatar
    CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bay Area CA
    Posts
    899
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Rams-Dolphins

    Na, when we went to see Jerr's parents a couple years ago, we took lots of cute pics trying to hold it it. They allow it.
    Quote Originally Posted by makersncoke View Post
    This may sound kind of stupid but I don't think they let you stand near the Arch or even touch it anymore after 9-11. Might be wrong though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

  11. #11
    huck1974 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    missouri
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Rams-Dolphins

    I really appreciate the tips!

    What do you guys think of the game?

    Miami lost it's best receiver last sunday (camarillo).
    Joey Porter ran his mouth and then caused penalties that did not help the 4th quarter dive. Miami covered Moss 1 on 1 and was burned.

    Before that, Miami barely pulled out wins vs. Oakland and Seattle.

    On a positive note, three really good running backs. Pennington is not making a lot of mistakes and had a 300+ yrd. game. Turover ratio is like +10 or something.

    What can we expect to see Sunday?

  12. #12
    CaliGirlRamsFan's Avatar
    CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bay Area CA
    Posts
    899
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Rams-Dolphins

    Hoping for the best, but we are the most embarrasing team in the NFL. I love my Rammie's, but there is just no effort on our part. Check out Bash by the bay in the bash forum and you will see what us fans resorted to. Heres to no injuries.

    Thanks for being classy. Still cannot get on your board.
    Quote Originally Posted by huck1974 View Post
    I really appreciate the tips!

    What do you guys think of the game?

    Miami lost it's best receiver last sunday (camarillo).
    Joey Porter ran his mouth and then caused penalties that did not help the 4th quarter dive. Miami covered Moss 1 on 1 and was burned.

    Before that, Miami barely pulled out wins vs. Oakland and Seattle.

    On a positive note, three really good running backs. Pennington is not making a lot of mistakes and had a 300+ yrd. game. Turover ratio is like +10 or something.

    What can we expect to see Sunday?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

  13. #13
    huck1974 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    missouri
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Rams-Dolphins

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirlRamsFan View Post
    Hoping for the best, but we are the most embarrasing team in the NFL. I love my Rammie's, but there is just no effort on our part. Check out Bash by the bay in the bash forum and you will see what us fans resorted to. Heres to no injuries.

    Thanks for being classy. Still cannot get on your board.

    Try thephins.com

  14. #14
    Ski_Money's Avatar
    Ski_Money is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Rams-Dolphins

    finheaven.com is the biggest one I think, sending a message to the forum admin.


    Let me tell you what to expect on Sunday from Miami. Joey Porter is the league leading sacker... don't be too upset if he puts Trent on his back a few times. Being former team-mates and aware of Green's "light-headedness" i'm sure he'll try to take it a little easy. Joey is pretty much the only 'real' threat on defense. Bell (SS) will be making all the takles.

    On offense, I have to say Chad Pennington is very methodical. With Camarillo down you'll see Fasano (TE) be the #1 target. Ginn will be the deep threat, but he'll drop two passes for every one. Bess is pretty squigally. He requires hearding, not tackling. Not too much for speed so he doesn't make very big plays. Still, the formentioned is not your biggest problem. The Ricky & Ronnie Express (as we call it) will be the dominating force. The don't put up that big of number individually, but their combined total yards are pretty amazing. Not to mention, you may see a new version of the Wildcat come out.

    The only thing I am really worried about from STL is the deep ball. We don't have speed in our secondary at all. Our defensive play calling has been very suspect lately. If you watch the replay of the Miami - NE game you'll see we were sending the house at Cassel when he was in the shotgun every down. This left Wes Welker and Randy Moss in man coverage and they killed us.

    If the Rams do two things on offense they will win. Stay to the Right (Porter will come from the left), Throw Deep.

    On defense, just one word: Press

  15. #15
    huck1974 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    missouri
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Rams-Dolphins

    [quote=Ski_Money;260099]finheaven.com is the biggest one I think, sending a message to the forum admin.


    Let me tell you what to expect on Sunday from Miami. Joey Porter is the league leading sacker... don't be too upset if he puts Trent on his back a few times. Being former team-mates and aware of Green's "light-headedness" i'm sure he'll try to take it a little easy. Joey is pretty much the only 'real' threat on defense. Bell (SS) will be making all the takles.

    On offense, I have to say Chad Pennington is very methodical. With Camarillo down you'll see Fasano (TE) be the #1 target. Ginn will be the deep threat, but he'll drop two passes for every one. Bess is pretty squigally. He requires hearding, not tackling. Not too much for speed so he doesn't make very big plays. Still, the formentioned is not your biggest problem. The Ricky & Ronnie Express (as we call it) will be the dominating force. The don't put up that big of number individually, but their combined total yards are pretty amazing. Not to mention, you may see a new version of the Wildcat come out.

    The only thing I am really worried about from STL is the deep ball. We don't have speed in our secondary at all. Our defensive play calling has been very suspect lately. If you watch the replay of the Miami - NE game you'll see we were sending the house at Cassel when he was in the shotgun every down. This left Wes Welker and Randy Moss in man coverage and they killed us.

    If the Rams do two things on offense they will win. Stay to the Right (Porter will come from the left), Throw Deep.


    We will see how it turns out, but I dissagree. I think Bess will take over the slot and London (who is ahead of Wilford on the chart) will be more active. Ithink they will use more two TE sets to make up for the difficiency. Martin will be involved again. Don't count out Cobbs running more routes. Ricky Williams has shown excellent hands. Offense in not the problem. We can score as well as the best of them. We only stop them from scoring every other game.

    On a side note, where is the BBQ? I might need a cold beer and a warm dog, or a warm beer and a cold dog since I'm wearing the wrong colors this week?

    Thoughts on matchups?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Gordo Post Game Chat
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -11-03-2008, 02:27 PM
  2. Jim Thomas Live: 4/15/08
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -04-15-2008, 07:35 PM
  3. Gordo Live
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -03-17-2008, 07:59 PM
  4. Jim Thomas Live, November 6, 2007
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -11-06-2007, 06:41 PM
  5. Historical Moments # 2 The rest of the story
    By OldRamsfan in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: -04-21-2006, 11:42 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •