throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rams-Dolphins

CaliGirlRamsFan Guest

Re: Rams-Dolphins

You are so classy. I won't be at the game, however I will be watching.

I'm sure anyone going to the game will jump in and help you out with tailgating.

Thanks for your class,

Cali

eldfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by huck1974 View Post
    Growing up in south Florida but now residing in Springfield, Missouri, I'm a bit torn, but I have to go with my childhood team. I hope it is a good close game with plenty of excitement and no injuries. Is it possible that Trent Green will be playing? That would make things interesting.

I am driving up and staying at the rennaissance next to the stadium. Can you guys recommend some good entertainment close to where I am staying?
    Maybe some live music?

Thanks!

I hope things go well for both clubs the rest of the year. I know how you guys feel after last year. A couple of wins will make it better.
    Thanks it will be another long game for us R Brown will look like Jim Brown.
    :ramlogo:

Spatch Guest

Hey guys, I'm from Phinfever and just thought I would pop in and say hello.

I live in up in Central Illinois and I've been a Dolphins fan my whole life (all 21 years of it ). But I've always had a spot in my heart for the Rams as well. I used to go to their training camp when it was held in Macomb, IL. I actually go to WIU which is located in Macomb. That being said, I'm also a St. Louis Cardinals fan and I really love the St. Louis area. I'm actually trying to become a Metro Police Officer there.

Either way, I also wanted to give you some of my sympathy on what's been a pretty terrible season for you guys. If anyone would know how you feel, it's us Dolphins fans! I actually went to the Rams/Cardinals game a few weeks back, and it was the first time I had ever been to the dome, and I thought it was a really nice place!

But I just wanted to stop in and say best of luck to you guys for the rest of the year, and I'll be rooting for you again once this week is over!

For those attending the game, don't be too harsh when/if you see me in my full Dolphins gear!

-Spatch-

CaliGirlRamsFan Guest

You are a class act my friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spatch View Post

I live in up in Central Illinois and I've been a Dolphins fan my whole life (all 21 years of it ). But I've always had a spot in my heart for the Rams as well. I used to go to their training camp when it was held in Macomb, IL. I actually go to WIU which is located in Macomb. That being said, I'm also a St. Louis Cardinals fan and I really love the St. Louis area. I'm actually trying to become a Metro Police Officer there.

Either way, I also wanted to give you some of my sympathy on what's been a pretty terrible season for you guys. If anyone would know how you feel, it's us Dolphins fans! I actually went to the Rams/Cardinals game a few weeks back, and it was the first time I had ever been to the dome, and I thought it was a really nice place!

But I just wanted to stop in and say best of luck to you guys for the rest of the year, and I'll be rooting for you again once this week is over!

For those attending the game, don't be too harsh when/if you see me in my full Dolphins gear!

-Spatch-

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Spatch View Post

-Spatch-
    Hey Spatch. I was at the Rams Cardinals game too.

You Dolphins fans can sympathize with our situation. Hopefully we can turn it around next year and win a few. So how did you feel about Linehan? Did you think he was any good? Where you sad or glad when he left? It does not seem that he is head coach material.

Good luck with getting into the Metro Police.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ski_Money is offline Registered User

Linehan is a piece. Be glad you are rid of him. I have never liked him. He was Miami's OC in 2005 and I didn't like him then. Just another in a long line of crap. Maybe when Tuna is done in Miami he can come restore order in STL.

Chris Long starting for you all? What side is he on?

schut39 is offline Registered User

A matchup I like is the 28th ranked Miami pass defense and our receiver Donnie Avery. He obviously has amazing speed, so hopefully he can get a few deep balls. But that all depends on if the Dolphins cornerbacks can keep up to him. I don't know any of the cornerbacks that play for the phins so we will see how it goes.

big dolphan mikey Guest

howdy all, im from phinfever as well and wanted to wish y'all well.
    don't worry im sure you guys will be back to your winning ways soon. i can sympathize with ya because i too know what it feels like to watch a proud winning franchise suffer through a horrible season. i just want to say hang in there you guys got talent and with a decent coach you'll regain your rightful spot on top of your division. cheers to a pleasant and entertaing injury free game.

Ski_Money is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by schut39 View Post
    A matchup I like is the 28th ranked Miami pass defense and our receiver Donnie Avery. He obviously has amazing speed, so hopefully he can get a few deep balls. But that all depends on if the Dolphins cornerbacks can keep up to him. I don't know any of the cornerbacks that play for the phins so we will see how it goes.

That would be Will Allen on the left and Andre Goodman on the right. They are that very speedy and have given up deep balls all year. They are both good at short yardage shutdowns, they just can't run with the speeders. That's why I said earlier, go deep to win. You just need to keep Joey Porter at bay long enough for your receivers to run. Good luck with that one.

Spatch Guest

Thanks for the welcome guys!! Best of luck to you in the future!

CaliGirlRamsFan Guest

Thanks for stopping by you guy's and for your well wishes. Right back at you.

FinNasty Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ski_Money View Post
    finheaven.com is the biggest one I think, sending a message to the forum admin.

Let me tell you what to expect on Sunday from Miami. Joey Porter is the league leading sacker... don't be too upset if he puts Trent on his back a few times. Being former team-mates and aware of Green's "light-headedness" i'm sure he'll try to take it a little easy. Joey is pretty much the only 'real' threat on defense. Bell (SS) will be making all the takles.

On offense, I have to say Chad Pennington is very methodical. With Camarillo down you'll see Fasano (TE) be the #1 target. Ginn will be the deep threat, but he'll drop two passes for every one. Bess is pretty squigally. He requires hearding, not tackling. Not too much for speed so he doesn't make very big plays. Still, the formentioned is not your biggest problem. The Ricky & Ronnie Express (as we call it) will be the dominating force. The don't put up that big of number individually, but their combined total yards are pretty amazing. Not to mention, you may see a new version of the Wildcat come out.

The only thing I am really worried about from STL is the deep ball. We don't have speed in our secondary at all. Our defensive play calling has been very suspect lately. If you watch the replay of the Miami - NE game you'll see we were sending the house at Cassel when he was in the shotgun every down. This left Wes Welker and Randy Moss in man coverage and they killed us.

If the Rams do two things on offense they will win. Stay to the Right (Porter will come from the left), Throw Deep.

On defense, just one word: Press

I HEAVILY disagree with you here. Ginn has had very reliable hands his whole career in Miami. He had a bad 4th quarter last week w/ those 2 drops... but that was a fluke compared to how he has been as a Fin...

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Jackson is KiLLiNG it right now...

moloch41 Guest

This one is over.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12