RamWraith is offline Registered User

Rams don't offer contracts to Simeon

Rams don't offer contracts to Simeon and Milligan
    By Jim Thomas
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    09/01/2007

Free-agent defensive end Simeon Rice came and left St. Louis without a contract Friday. Apparently, Rice's surgically-repaired shoulder checked out OK. There remains a possibility that Rice will sign with the Rams in the future, but so far the sides have not had serious discussions about a contract.

The Rams also had free-agent safety Hanik Milligan in for a visit Friday. Milligan, a fifth-year NFL veteran from the University of Houston, was cut by the Arizona Cardinals on Monday. He made the Pro Bowl as a special teams player in 2005 with San Diego. No signing appears imminent with Milligan, who's 6-3, 200.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Rams don't offer contracts to Simeon

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

We'll probably be hearing and reading alot of these types of visits.

:r:l

:arisux::sfosux::seasux::imho:

Keenum is offline Registered User

Eh, never hurts to bring in people for a check out.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

By Nick Wagoner

Veteran defensive end Simeon Rice left St. Louis without a contract, but that doesn’t mean he won’t be a Ram. He could have a deal before practice begins on Tuesday, but it could take a little while as he is planning to make another visit.

Although it is believed the Rams did not make a formal contract offer, Rice told the St. Petersburg Times that he is in the process of making a decision and it will come down to a choice between the Rams, Denver, and a return to Tampa Bay.

“I could’ve pushed it, but there was no reason to after what happened (in Tampa),” Rice told the Times. “I’m in a good place. I’m weighing all my options and stuff like that, making sure all my ducks are in a row.”

Rice remains in contact with Tampa Bay, his last team and the team that asked him to take a pay cut in the offseason. When Rice resisted that, Tampa Bay released him.

Of course, Rice has always been known to march to the beat of his own drummer so his decision could come down to something random.

“It’s a real good situation in St. Louis,” he said. “I liked Denver as well. Their uniforms are off the chain. That’s where I’m probably headed next.”

For the record, Rice has said if all things are equal in terms of money, he will just return to Tampa Bay.
    LOL...never realized uniforms were a factor in deciding where to play. :x